Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Thunderbird Error
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Thunderbird Error Post 302166176 by sysgate on Monday 11th of February 2008 07:29:02 AM
Old 02-11-2008
Thunderbird has option to fetch only mail headers, you can use it to avoid downloading 5000 messages. Nevertheless, Thunderbird has no issues dealing with 10000 messages per folder, you just need to have powerful machine to handle the IMAP.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does anyone use Mozilla Thunderbird

I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird for e-mail and it tells me cannot connect to mail.qs.com. Then it goes into SMTP Issues when I try to send e-mail out. Does anyone have any suggestions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cnitadesigner
1 Replies

2. Slackware

Thunderbird 3.1.9 deletes from drafts

I am using Tbird as it came with Slackware 13.37 and everytime I send something I get a message 1 or 2 drafts deleted. Should it be doing that? If not has this been reported ? How can I find out if it was reported? I have no drafts to delete. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
2 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Thunderbird user accounts

Hi All I am trying to find a way to set-up a thunderbird account by using a script, i have been trying to to add the lines into the pref.js file but it keeps getting overwritten any help would be great thanks Adam (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
0 Replies
thunderbird(1)							   User Commands						    thunderbird(1)

NAME
thunderbird - Thunderbird for Sun Java Desktop System SYNOPSIS
thunderbird [options ... ] [url] DESCRIPTION
Thunderbird is a free, open-source mail client based on the Mozilla codebase. It is a robust and easy to use client,similar to competing products like other mail client, but with some major advantages such as junk mail classification. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -height value Set the height of startup window to value. -h or -help Display the help message. -width value Set the width of startup window to value. -v or -version Display the version message. -P profile Start with the profile named: profile. -ProfileManager Start with profile manager. -UILocale locale Start with the UI Locale listed: locale. -contentLocale locale Start with the content Locale listed: locale. -jsconsole Open the JavaScript console. -addressbook Open the address book at startup. -compose Compose a mail or news message. -mail Open the mail folder view. -options Open the options dialog. -news Open the news client. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching Thunderbird example% thunderbird EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully 1 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/thunderbird Executable for Thunderbird application $HOME/.mozilla/thunderbird User configuration files for Thunderbird ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWthunderbird | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
For more information about thunderbird, please refer to http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird Refer to Help->Mozilla Thunderbird Help for more information. NOTES
Updated by Leon Sha, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006. SunOS 5.11 8 Jun 2006 thunderbird(1)