Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Thunderbird Error
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Thunderbird Error Post 302166176 by sysgate on Monday 11th of February 2008 07:29:02 AM
Old 02-11-2008
Thunderbird has option to fetch only mail headers, you can use it to avoid downloading 5000 messages. Nevertheless, Thunderbird has no issues dealing with 10000 messages per folder, you just need to have powerful machine to handle the IMAP.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does anyone use Mozilla Thunderbird

I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird for e-mail and it tells me cannot connect to mail.qs.com. Then it goes into SMTP Issues when I try to send e-mail out. Does anyone have any suggestions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cnitadesigner
1 Replies

2. Slackware

Thunderbird 3.1.9 deletes from drafts

I am using Tbird as it came with Slackware 13.37 and everytime I send something I get a message 1 or 2 drafts deleted. Should it be doing that? If not has this been reported ? How can I find out if it was reported? I have no drafts to delete. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
2 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Thunderbird user accounts

Hi All I am trying to find a way to set-up a thunderbird account by using a script, i have been trying to to add the lines into the pref.js file but it keeps getting overwritten any help would be great thanks Adam (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
0 Replies
packf(1)						      General Commands Manual							  packf(1)

NAME
packf - compress a folder into a single file (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
packf [+folder] [msgs] [-file name] [-help] OPTIONS
Specifies the file in which you want the message(s) to be stored. If you specify an existing file then the specified messages will be appended to the end of that file. Otherwise, a new file will be created and the messages placed in it. If you do not specify a filename, packf attempts to place the messages in a file called msgbox in the current working directory. If this file does not exist, packf asks whether you want to create it. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. The default settings for this command are: +folder defaults to the current folder msgs defaults to all -file DESCRIPTION
Each message in a folder is normally stored as a separate file. The packf command takes all messages from the current folder and copies them to a single specified file. Each message in the file is separated by four <CTRL/A>s and a newline. You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument. If you do not want all the messages in a folder to be packed into one file, you can specify a number of messages or a range of messages with message numbers. The first message packed will become the current message. If you specify a +folder argument, that folder will become the current folder. When messages have been packed into a file using packf, you can separate them into individual messages using the burst command. See burst(1). PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's Mail directory Msg-Protect: To set protections when creating a new file EXAMPLES
The first example shows all the messages in the folder +lrp being packed into a file called planning: % packf +lrp -file planning The next example shows how packf prompts you if you do not specify a -file option. A file called msgbox is created by packf in your home directory, and messages 3 to 5 are packed into it: % packf +lrp 3-5 Create file "/machine/disk/username/msgbox"? y FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
burst(1) packf(1)