Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sort csv file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sort csv file Post 302165818 by KevinADC on Saturday 9th of February 2008 04:05:50 AM
Old 02-09-2008
Is perl acceptable?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort the csv file

hello , the content of a csv file is looking like this... vah1 , imk4 , LDAP Secure. vah1 , fmk1 , Not able to SSH vah1 , fk1 ,Not able to SSH vah1 , imk1 , LDAP Secure. vah1 , imk3 , Un-Secured vah1 , fmk1 , LDAP Secure. vah1 , fk1 , LDAP Secure. vah1 , fmk1 , LDAP Secure. vah1 ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagendramv
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort columns in excel(csv) file

i want sort columns with headers based on another file headers file1 eg: i'm having an empty file with only coumn names like lastname firstname title expirydate stlcno status etc... another file with same column names and some other as well but in different order... file2 eg:firstname... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Man83Nagesh
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort and join all .csv files

Hi , I have a dump of .csv files in a folder, I need to sort all files by the first 3 columns and merge them all in one big csv file. I am using a cat command to join them, but how can i sort before appending all the files as one big file, Regards, Shruthi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort csv file

Hello, I am facing the following problem: I have a file in csv format. So several records where data fields are separated by comma ',' The lenght of the fields is variable, as well as the number of fields per record. But there are at least 7 fields per record. I need to sort the file based... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BSF
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort on mm/dd/yyyy csv

I have the following csv data that I would like to sort on the 4th field by date from oldest to newest. data: ,,,02/06/2012,Carry H,Add,Add,Sys_RTH,111.222.333.777 4/7/12,,,03/03/2013,Parry H,Add,Add,Sys_RTH,111.222.333.776 ,,,12/06/2012,Harry H,Add,Add,Sys_RTH,111.222.333.778... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbrunc
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort csv file by duplicated column value

hello, I have a large file (about 1gb) that is in a file similar to the following: I want to make it so that I can put all the duplicates where column 3 (delimited by the commas) are shown on top. Meaning all people with the same age are listed at the top. The command I used was ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort and list values from CSV

I have a CSV with below values name,city,2,country name,city,15,country abc,wq,10,afdfd, qeqe,ewqre,1,wqew I need to sort them in ascending order based on the value of column 3 and then , pick the rows with values less than 10 and be able to display the columns in that row. Can anyone... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nevergivup
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to sort a column in excel/csv file?

I have to sort the 4th column of an excel/csv file. I tried the following command sort -u --field-separator=, --numeric-sort -k 2 -n dinesh.csv > test.csv But, it's not working. Moreover, I have to do the same for more than 30 excel/csv file. So please help me to do the same. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to align/sort the column pairs of an csv file, based on keyword word specified in another file?

I have a csv file as shown below, xop_thy 80 avr_njk 50 str_nyu 60 avr_irt 70 str_nhj 60 avr_ngt 50 str_tgt 80 xop_nmg 50 xop_nth 40 cyv_gty 40 cop_thl 40 vir_tyk 80 vir_plo 20 vir_thk 40 ijk_yuc 70 cop_thy 70 ijk_yuc 80 irt_hgt 80 I need to align/sort the csv file based... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
7 Replies
REC2CSV(1)							   User Commands							REC2CSV(1)

NAME
rec2csv - rec to csv converter SYNOPSIS
rec2csv [OPTIONS]... [REC_FILE] DESCRIPTION
Convert rec data into csv data. -t, --type=TYPE record set to convert to csv; if this parameter is omitted then the default record set is used -S, --sort=FIELD sort the output by the specified field. --help print a help message and exit. --version show version and exit. AUTHOR
Written by Jose E. Marchesi. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to: bug-recutils@gnu.org GNU recutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/recutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010, 2011, 2012 Jose E. Marchesi. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for rec2csv is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and rec2csv programs are properly installed at your site, the command info rec2csv should give you access to the complete manual. rec2csv 1.4.93 January 2012 REC2CSV(1)