Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Accepting filename as command line param and writing to it Post 302164906 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 6th of February 2008 07:36:57 AM
Old 02-06-2008
Try this:

Code:
outputfile=$1
echo $outputfile
echo "Writing to file" > $outputfile

Read some scripting tutorials or books.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

find command using -mmin param

Hi Everyone, I would like to know how to find a file which was created in the period of 20+ hours, in most common unix OS, the parameter -mmin is not supported (i.e, HP-UX, Solaris, LInux, AIX) Could you help on this ?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmbeltran
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command param subst to reg expression

I want to find out Row which starts with, the user specified details to a script. In general I know what command to be given. awk '$0~/^Vi/' BReject But I need to pass on $1 param of command line at the place of 'Vi'. I tried with -v subst=$1 awk -v subst=$1 '$0~/^subst/' BReject But it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reading a file and writing the file name to a param file.

Hi All, Not sure if this would be in a dummies sectiin or advanced. I'm looking for a script if someone has doen something like this. I have list of files - adc_earnedpoints.20070630.txt adc_earnedpoints.20070707.txt adc_earnedpoints.20070714.txt adc_earnedpoints.20070721.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thebeginer
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing into one line

hi i have a file contains data Line timeout: START->SIGNON_REPLY, SIGNON_REPLY->SIGNON, Received SOT req SOT request: SIGNON->SOT_REPLY, SOT_REPLY->DATA_RECEIVE, DATA_RECEIVE->EOD, i need to write into one line , separated by commas please help thanks Satya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change filename extensions..from command line

I want to change the extensions of a folder full of files (some of the files are located in subfolders as well) to another extension, but instead of replacing the files I want the new files to be copied into a newly created folder. Here is the folder structure: /Downloads/3eb... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bound4h
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep not accepting variable filename

I have a very basic shell script right now, and I am trying to run grep from inside of it. It looks like this: #!/bin/sh filename=$1 echo "The program that you will be editing is called $filename" grep "//" $filename The name of said file is "myscript" for right now. I am executing it on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bdrelling
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preserving newlines when writing loops on the command line in bash

Dear All, I have a question that's been difficult to get an answer to. I often write command line loops, e.g. find files, print name, grep for term, apply sed, etc I use both zsh and bash. When I write a loop e.g. for line in `more myfile.txt` > do > echo $line > done but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnK1
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accepting command line arguments in bash

I have this tcsh code that I want to convert to a bash script. Basically it accepts command line arguments supplied by the user and stores them, so they can be used to run a C++ program. set arg_browseDir_inFileLst = "" set allArgsUpCase = `echo "$*" | tr '' ''` set opt_browseDir_flag =... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass a filename as a command line argument

Hi,I have a script which is given below :#!/bin/bash. ini_script.shdb2 connect to $DB_NAME user $DB2_UID using $DB2_PASSWORDfor file in `ls -1 ./sql/ddw/`do echo "Executing the file $file" echo db2 -tvf $filedonedb2 quiti want this script to accept directorie's names present in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command not accepting variable in shell script

I am using a shell script in fedora linux. While calling to the shell I am also passing an argument (var1=0.77) like shown below sh gossip.sh var1=0.77 in the shell following command is written (which doesn't work) sed - i -e 's@prob=@prob="$var1";//@g' file.txt Actually i want the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fakhar Hassan
7 Replies
PODOFOUNCOMPRESS(1)						 podofouncompress					       PODOFOUNCOMPRESS(1)

NAME
podofouncompress - Uncompress PDF files SYNOPSIS
podofouncompress [inputfile] [outputfile] DESCRIPTION
podofouncompress is one of the command line tools from the PoDoFo library that provide several useful operations to work with PDF files. It can remove compression from a PDF file. It is useful for debugging errors in PDF files or analysing their structure. OPTIONS
[inputfile] Input PDF file. [outputfile] Output PDF file. SEE ALSO
podofobox(1), podofocountpages(1), podofocrop(1), podofoencrypt(1), podofoimg2pdf(1), podofoimgextract(1), podofoimpose(1), podofoincremen- talupdates(1), podofomerge(1), podofopages(1), podofopdfinfo(1), podofotxt2pdf(1), podofotxtextract(1), podofoxmp(1) AUTHORS
PoDoFo is written by Dominik Seichter <domseichter@web.de> and others. This manual page was written by Oleksandr Moskalenko <malex@debian.org> for the Debian Project (but may be used by others). PoDoFo 2010-12-09 PODOFOUNCOMPRESS(1)