Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What does ls /nosuchdir means ??? Post 302164684 by joeyg on Tuesday 5th of February 2008 03:03:06 PM
Old 02-05-2008
Bug Is this some kind of trick question?

Check for a condition
If the condition is true
Then list files in the directory

Perhaps the vagueness, or "conceptualness", is confusing people

Provide actual script code

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what it means?

I have a command called cd $HDRROOT/release/tools/cfg My query is what it means? tHat is.... $HDRROOT part is not clear. If I put this command it says path not found.... I doubt that $HDRROOT is trying to mean smething I am not clear of. PL help......... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rraajjiibb
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone tell me what this means..???

I found a file in my base folder width the name replace.sh and width the text string. sed -i "s/$1/$2/g" `grep -ir $1 ./*|grep -v '.svn'|cut -d: -f1` Wat does it mean and what does it do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samarn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

$$ means?

hey, what's $$varname in a script? I used to see $varname only. search on google didn't help. thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patiobarbecue
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you tell me what this means?

Can you please tell me what this means? use grep to find from the file myfile.txt all lines containing the sequence tt but not more 2 ts? I have no idea. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rushhour
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What means %U

I can not find out what the %U means in the following command: ooffice -calc %U (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borobudur
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

!! what is this means

I have a script like select * from table !! what those exclamation marks mean (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does . means?

Hi, I have seen in some ksh script, that we are executing shell scripts inside other shell script as . variable.sh What is . here? Their is space between . and variabloe. And why we are not executing it like ./variable.sh? I know that . signifies current directory , but what its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatanig
2 Replies

8. Programming

What does it means?

#define abc '\xE8' (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamlesh33
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What is $(NF) means?

HI what does the $(NF) means. here i want to understand the working. what i know is that in awk NF argument will tell number of column in a file i have below file alpha a beta b if i use command cat kv | paste - - | awk '{print $1," "$2 "------>"$(NF)}' i get the o/p as alpha ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
3 Replies
XmCvtXmStringToCT(library call) 										   XmCvtXmStringToCT(library call)

NAME
XmCvtXmStringToCT -- A compound string function that converts a compound string to compound text SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> char * XmCvtXmStringToCT( XmString string); DESCRIPTION
XmCvtXmStringToCT converts a compound string to a (char *) string in compound text format. The application must call XtAppInitialize before calling this function. The converter uses the font list tag associated with a given compound string segment to select a compound text format for that segment. A registry defines a mapping between font list tags and compound text encoding formats. The converter uses the following algorithm for each compound string segment: 1. If the compound string segment tag is mapped to XmFONTLIST_DEFAULT_TAG in the registry, the converter passes the text of the compound string segment to XmbTextListToTextProperty with an encoding style of XCompoundTextStyle and uses the resulting compound text for that segment. 2. If the compound string segment tag is mapped to an MIT registered charset in the registry, the converter creates the compound text for that segment using the charset (from the registry) and the text of the compound string segment as defined in the X Consortium Standard Compound Text Encoding. 3. If the compound string segment tag is mapped to a charset in the registry that is neither XmFONTLIST_DEFAULT_TAG nor an MIT regis- tered charset, the converter creates the compound text for that segment using the charset (from the registry) and the text of the compound string segment as an "extended segment" with a variable number of octets per character. 4. If the compound string segment tag is not mapped in the registry, the result is implementation dependent. string Specifies a compound string to be converted to compound text. RETURN
Returns a (char *) string in compound text format. This format is described in the X Consortium Standard Compound Text Encoding. The function allocates space to hold the returned string. The application is responsible for managing the allocated space. The application can recover the allocated space by calling XtFree. RELATED
XmCvtCTToXmString(3), XmFontList(3), XmMapSegmentEncoding(3), XmRegisterSegmentEncoding(3), and XmString. XmCvtXmStringToCT(library call)