Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl -write values in a file to @array in perl Post 302164335 by matrixmadhan on Monday 4th of February 2008 01:13:06 PM
Old 02-04-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by meghana
thanks for the reply.. but it dint work... do u have any further suggestions???
Why it didn't work ?

What is the expected output ?

Do you want to print the array elements ? If so, add the following snippet at the end

Code:
foreach(@arr) {
  print "array element: $_\n";
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: Assigning array values..

I have to add a variable value to an array, something like this: ...... @my_array_name = $value_of_this_variable; This doesnt seem to work, any ideas why? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: looza
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Greping array values in Bash like Perl

Hi, Is there an easy way to simulate following Perl code in Bash. if ( grep {$my_value eq $_} @ARGV ){ print "Do Something\n"; } else { die "Invalid value"; } (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to map the values of an array in perl?

Hi, I have 2 arrays: @names=qw(amith veena chaitra); @files=qw(file.txt file1.txt file3.txt); There is one to one relationship between names and files. There needs to be mapping created between names and files. The output should be like this: amith --> file.txt veena --->... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : Read an array and write to another array with intial string pattern checks

I have an array and two variables as below, I need to check if $datevar is present in $filename. If so, i need to replace $filename with the values in the array. I need the output inside an ARRAY How can this be done. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search and replace a array values in perl

Hi, i want to search and replace array values by using perl perl -pi -e "s/${d$i]}/${b$j]}" *.xml i am using while loop for the same. if i excute this,it shows "Substitution replacement not terminated at -e line 1.". please tell me what's wrong this line (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arindam guha
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :: reading values from Data Dumper reference in Perl

Hi all, I have written a perl code and stored the data into Data structure using Data::Dumper module. But not sure how to retreive the data from the Data::Dumper. Eg. Based on the key value( Here CRYPTO-6-IKMP_MODE_FAILURE I should be able to access the internal hash elements(keys) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Assigning multile hash values to a single array

I know that @food = %fruit; Works. But how do I assign %fruit and %veggies to @food ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl next if @array (exclude a list of values)

I'm trying to exlude a list of values with perl to process while reading in a file. Is there a way to use the next if with a list? Example: @array = qw(val1 val2 val3 val6); while (<>) { next if $_ =~ @array; # values I don't want to process here print; # process the rest here }... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
8 Replies
COLLATOR_SORT(3)							 1							  COLLATOR_SORT(3)

Collator::sort - Sort array using specified collator

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public bool Collator::sort (array &$arr, [int $sort_flag]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style bool collator_sort (Collator $coll, array &$arr, [int $sort_flag]) This function sorts an array according to current locale rules. Equivalent to standard PHP sort(3) . PARAMETERS
o $coll -Collator object. o $arr - Array of strings to sort. o $sort_flag - Optional sorting type, one of the following: o Collator::SORT_REGULAR - compare items normally (don't change types) o Collator::SORT_NUMERIC - compare items numerically o Collator::SORT_STRING - compare items as strings Default sorting type is Collator::SORT_REGULAR. It is also used if an invalid $sort_flag value has been specified. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 collator_sort(3) example <?php $coll = collator_create( 'en_US' ); $arr = array( 'at', 'as', 'as' ); var_export( $arr ); collator_sort( $coll, $arr ); var_export( $arr ); ?> The above example will output: array ( 0 => 'at', 1 => 'as', 2 => 'as', )array ( 0 => 'as', 1 => 'as', 2 => 'at', ) SEE ALSO
Collator constants, collator_asort(3), collator_sort_with_sort_keys(3). PHP Documentation Group COLLATOR_SORT(3)