Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: comm command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting comm command Post 302164319 by amitrajvarma on Monday 4th of February 2008 12:20:57 PM
Old 02-04-2008
comm command

Hi

I have issue with "comm " command

file-1
----
l65059
l65407
l68607
l68810
l69143
l71310
l72918
l73146
l73273
l76411

file-2
-----
k55080
g43140
sg55591
j20766
j32013
k28117
k40986
k47893
k98497
l26497
l47365
l76411

when I execute

comm -23 file-2.txt file-1.txt,

It should showing l76411 , why is it happening, because it should show only list which is not present in file-1.

Please let me know

Thx

Arv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comm, command help

See my other post on sdiff .... I don't think sdiff is able to do what I want. The 'comm' command does what I need and works fine as far as the logic and results. The problem I'm having is with the output format, it outputs 3 columns of data, but because of the way it starts each line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cowpoke
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

comm command in sorting IP

i have 2 files that contains a sorted list of IP addresses. file_A contains a list of all IPs file_B contains only around 50% of what is in file_A. I tried to execute comm -23 file_A file_B > file_C to get the difference. My objective is to put all the IPs that are in file_A but not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tads98
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help in comm command

Hi all, I need help in comm command , I am having 2 files . I have to display the common line in the two file only onnce and i have to also display the non common line as well. tmpcut1 -- First file cat tmpcut1 smstr_303000_O_432830_... f_c2_queue_sys30.sys30 RUNNING 10 1000... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help on COMM command please

could some one please explain with examples how comm -12 & comm -3 works. I am confused with manual page, Thankyou. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HPUX and comm command

I need to compare 2 files. I need to see if 1 file has records that are not in a second file. I did some searching and found the 'comm' command. According to the man pages comm -23 test1.txt test2.txt Will tell me what is in file 1 and not in file 2. So I did a simple test test1.txt has the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with comm command

Hello , I am trying to get contents which are only present in a.csv ,so using comm -23 cat a.csv | sort > a.csv cat b.csv | sort > b.csv comm -23 a.csv b.csv > c.csv. a.csv SKU COUNTRY CURRENCY PRICE_LIST_TYPE LIST_PRICE_EFFECTIVE_DATE TG430ZA ZA USD DF ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RaviTej
4 Replies

7. Linux

comm command help

The manual does not cover this very well. What do the following compares will do ? 1) comm -13 file1 file2: will it display what is in file2 not in file1? 2) comm -23 file1 file2: will it display what in 1 but not in 2 ? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help regarding formatting(comm -23 command)

Hello all , I have two files a.txt and b.txt which have same content . They contain data that is fetched from database through a java program. When I delete a line in a.txt and run the below command comm -13 a.txt b.txt I am not getting the expected result i.e. the line i deleted from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RaviTej
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to ignore Case with in COMM command?

Hi, How can i ignore case between 2 files in unix using COMM command. 2 input files are: -bash-4.1$ more x2.txt HELLO hi HI raj -bash-4.1$ more x3.txt hello hi raj COMM command: -bash-4.1$ comm x2.txt x3.txt hello HELLO hi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju2016
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Highlight 'comm' command output

Given the output below (simplified) extracted from the comparison of two curl -I commands saved in two different files, I am looking for the best approach to highlight the following scenarios in a script: this header exists only in file1.txt but this one does not this one exists in both cases... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muppets
1 Replies
deleg_proc(n)						       Interpreter utilities						     deleg_proc(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
deleg_proc - Creation of comm delegates (procedures) SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.3 package require interp::delegate::proc ?0.2? ::interp::delegate::proc ?-async? name arguments comm id _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a single command for the convenient creation of procedures which delegate the actual work to a remote location via a "channel" created by the package comm. API
::interp::delegate::proc ?-async? name arguments comm id This commands creates a procedure which is named by name and returns its fully-qualified name. All invokations of this procedure will delegate the actual work to the remote location identified by the comm channel comm and the endpoint id. The name of the remote procedure invoked by the delegator is [namespace tail name]. I.e., namespace information is stripped from the call. Normally the generated procedure marshalls the arguments, and returns the result from the remote procedure as its own result. If however the option -async was specified then the generated procedure will not wait for a result and return immediately. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category interp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
comm, delegation, interpreter, procedure CATEGORY
Programming tools COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> interp 0.2 deleg_proc(n)