Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Find JRE installed in linux machine..? Post 302163341 by ionutned on Thursday 31st of January 2008 08:18:20 PM
Old 01-31-2008
Unfortunately a solution like "which java" doesn't always work. For instance, I need to find the JRE location not for the binary "java", but for the library libjvm.so, because I want to launch a JVM from C native code.
The library path is something like this: "<JAVA_HOME>/jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so, and because of all symbolic links, if I get a path like /usr/bin/java using "which", it doesn't help me much.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command to find when Linux OS is installed?

hey , Anyone knows command to find when Linux OS is installed? Date and time? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
2 Replies

2. Linux

Launching X apps from a machine without X installed

Hi. Here's my setup: a workstation with an X server a CentOS server with no X server installed (development, security is not a concern) a GUI application installed on the server When I ssh to that machine, I get: ssh -Xl root 192.168.x.x Warning: untrusted X11 forwarding setup... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flj
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to find the OS JRE as well as User installed JRE on my UNIX box!

Hi, I want to determine whether my java application is pointing to the OS version of Java or the User installed Java version on my Unix box. I am aware of the "java -version" command, however I am unsure if the version returned is the OS one or the user one. Please help. Ali. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali40
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

How do I network a Suse installed machine with other computers, specifically Red hat Linux?

How do I network a Suse installed machine with other computers, specifically Red hat Linux? This is for a school project, and I can't find any pages that tell how to network a Suse to other computers except how to use a printer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

What time did Ubuntu installed on machine?

How can I learn what time OS installed time and release information. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Finding installed packages on Linux machine

Hi, i am trying to grab all the installed packages on linux machine,and only want to grab "Name" "Version" "Release" "Vendor" information i am using below command to do so : rpm -qa --info | grep -e 'Name' -e 'Version' -e 'Release' -e 'Vendor' the output contains lot other info... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Find List of MQ and Websphere certificates that are installed on Linux and UNIX servers?

Dear All, I am planning to find the list of certificates(WEBshpere/MQ) on a servers. My certificates are either stored in (.jks) / (.pem)/ (.cer) . But some of the certificates are stored without these file formats. I tried using find command but unless I give the file name its difficult for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidh_arth85
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Installing Oracle jre 8 on Linux

Hi, I am a common user on a linux cluster that has openJDK installed. For a particular software, the vendor asks for Oracle version of java installed. How can I install the oracle version from my home space where I don't need admin privileges to install? thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pc2001
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find whether Solaris installed on physical machine or on a VMware/KVM?

Hi All, . I am trying to find whether Solaris 11 installed on physical server or on VMware/KVM. I tried uname -a but it's giving only whether i installed on X86 or sparc machine. I tried prtdiag command but it's giving below information. command : prtdiag -v |grep "System... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
2 Replies
CHSH(1) 							   User Commands							   CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change your login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [-s shell] [-l] [-u] [-v] [username] DESCRIPTION
chsh is used to change your login shell. If a shell is not given on the command line, chsh prompts for one. chsh is used to change local entries only. Use ypchsh, lchsh or any other implementation for non-local entries. OPTIONS
-s, --shell shell Specify your login shell. -l, --list-shells Print the list of shells listed in /etc/shells and exit. -u, --help Print a usage message and exit. -v, --version Print version information and exit. VALID SHELLS
chsh will accept the full pathname of any executable file on the system. However, it will issue a warning if the shell is not listed in the /etc/shells file. On the other hand, it can also be configured such that it will only accept shells listed in this file, unless you are root. EXIT STATUS
Returns 0 if operation was successful, 1 if operation failed or command syntax was not valid. SEE ALSO
login(1), passwd(5), shells(5) AUTHOR
Salvatore Valente <svalente@mit.edu> AVAILABILITY
The chsh command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2009 CHSH(1)