Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Using a pipe with find .... -exec ... Post 302162648 by pmallas on Tuesday 29th of January 2008 03:23:17 PM
Old 01-29-2008
Using a pipe with find .... -exec ...

Hi,

I am trying to run the following command:
find ./ -name lea_01.001 -print -exec CEOS {} | grep -i radio \;

where "CEOS" converts the lea_01.001 files to text, then grep looks for the string "radio." This however does not work as I have constructed it.

This command mostly works, but the grep filters out the full path of the current file being used (from -print). But I need that output too.
find ./ -name lea_01.001 -print -exec CEOS {} \; | grep -i radio

Any clues how to print the full path information and the grep only on the output of CEOS (rather than the output of find?)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find and exec

Hi, Happy new year. Would you be so kind to explain me what does this instruction : find /rep/app -type l -exec ls -l {} \;> allink.lst Many thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

| with find -exec

can we use |(pipe operator) with find -exec.....? or can pipe the output of find command to another command...? if not, why...? pls explain (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_0209
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using MV FIND and -EXEC

Hi, i would like to rename files in directories and subdirs. Files contains specific french or strange caracters. I want to replace all non alpha-numerics by _ (underscore) First, i made this, but i think the "for" is limited. How can i do this directly by FIND ? for file in $(find .... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: degraff63
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Exec

Hello All, Is there a way to make exec do a couple of operations on a single input from find? For example, find . -type d -exec ls -l "{}" ";" I would like to give the result of each "ls -l" in the above to a wc. Is that possible? I want to ls -l | wc -l inside... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasanna1157
1 Replies

5. Programming

Newbie question on exec,fork, wait,pipe C

Hello everybody.I want to make clear that i am not going to ask from anybody to build my asignement but i have a big problem. I can't seem to find anywhere ONE good example on C about what i am trying to do:wall:.I think it is simple. All i ask is one example, even a link is fine. So, i want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cuervo
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Find and exec

Hello, I am a linux newbe. I want to install a program. I can download it only with wget command from internet. As far as i know this wget command does not transfer the exacutable flags. Because of that i wanted to find all configure files and change their mod to 744. I found this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: disconnectus
1 Replies

7. Programming

difference bewteen pipe, xargs, and exec

I have read several docs on these on the web and looked at examples. I can't figure out the difference. In some cases you use one or the other or you combine them. can someone help me understand this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guessingo
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Find and EXEC

This is a huge issue. and I need it fixed ASAP. account-system gate-system race_traffic_sensor achievement-system global race_voicepack admin glue-system realdriveby admin-system gps realism-system... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: austech360
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find: missing argument to `-exec' while redirecting using find in perl

Hi Friends, Please help me to sort out this problem, I am running this in centos o/s and whenever I run this script I am getting "find: missing argument to `-exec' " but when I run the same code in the command line I didn't find any problem. I am using perl script to run this ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumarselvam
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 exec in find

Guys, I want to find the log files greather than 23 days and i want to perform 2 things here. one is to list the files and second is to gzip the files. hope this can be done using sh -c option. but not sure the exact command. find . -name "*.log" -mtime +23 -exec ls -la {} \; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AraR87
5 Replies
AA-EXEC(8)							     AppArmor								AA-EXEC(8)

NAME
aa-exec - confine a program with the specified AppArmor profile SYNOPSIS
aa-exec [options] [--] [<command> ...] DESCRIPTION
aa-exec is used to launch a program confined by the specified profile and or namespace. If both a profile and namespace are specified command will be confined by profile in the new policy namespace. If only a namespace is specified, the profile name of the current confinement will be used. If neither a profile or namespace is specified command will be run using standard profile attachment (ie. as if run without the aa-exec command). If the arguments are to be pasted to the <command> being invoked by aa-exec then -- should be used to separate aa-exec arguments from the command. aa-exec -p profile1 -- ls -l OPTIONS aa-exec accepts the following arguments: -p PROFILE, --profile=PROFILE confine <command> with PROFILE. If the PROFILE is not specified use the current profile name (likely unconfined). -n NAMESPACE, --namespace=NAMESPACE use profiles in NAMESPACE. This will result in confinement transitioning to using the new profile namespace. -f FILE, --file=FILE a file or directory containing profiles to load before confining the program. -i, --immediate transition to PROFILE before doing executing <command>. This subjects the running of <command> to the exec transition rules of the current profile. -v, --verbose show commands being performed -d, --debug show commands and error codes -- Signal the end of options and disables further option processing. Any arguments after the -- are treated as arguments of the command. This is useful when passing arguments to the <command> being invoked by aa-exec. BUGS
If you find any bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
aa-stack(8), aa-namespace(8), apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), aa_change_profile(3), aa_change_onexec(3) and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 AA-EXEC(8)