Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to install package
Operating Systems Solaris how to install package Post 302160952 by amitarcade on Wednesday 23rd of January 2008 07:44:44 AM
Old 01-23-2008
how to install package

Hi

How to install package from Freeware for Solaris
Specificaly i want to install lsof-4.77-sol10-sparc-local.gz

Thanks
Amit

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uninstall and install a package

Hi, on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon). How can I : 1-install a package (exemple : compat-gcc-7.3-2.96.128.src.rpm) 2-uninstall (or delete or deinstall) a package (exemple : compat-gcc-7.3-2.96.122). Many thanks before. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
6 Replies

2. Solaris

install and uninstall package

I'm a newcomer for Solaris. I tried to install Net::FTP package ( a tool perl ) on our sun server 5.9. We used the below command: /usr/bin/perl MakeFilePL make make install How can I uninstall this package ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anhtt
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

looking for ImageMagick install package

i am struggling to find an error free, and complete install package for ImageMagick (with perl- "PerlMagick"). imagemagick.org not much help.... links for source, mirrors etc dont work. any pointers appreciated. linux server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mickeymouse
2 Replies

4. Solaris

not able to install the package

I am working with sun solaris 9 and I want to install some packages but due to less disk space I am not able to install the packages. I am giving the output of filesystem-- # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 2148263 1997593 107705 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
10 Replies

5. Solaris

how to install this package

Dears, i am new user in solaris i am using solaris 10 https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=Sol-audio-drivers1.0-x86-G-F@CDS-CDS_SMI after i unzip this package i didn't found any package to install cos i only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharkux
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snoop package install

I was trying to install the solaris snoop package on a flavor of linux. I got the tar file, unzipped it. when I CD to the unzipped snoop directory, I ran the command ./configure ; make and I got the following error. Did anybody run into this before? what can I do to install snoop? checking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

How to Install TCSH package in Ubuntu 11?

I am trying to install tcsh package in ubuntu 11 When i tried to invoke the tcsh,i was prompted to contact administrator to install tcsh package. Since i am also the admin on my system its my job to install tcsh :D I have downloaded tcsh package named "tcsh-6.17.00.tar", since i don not have... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
12 Replies

8. Linux

How install a new package without remove old package?

Dear all, I would like to install a new version of package without remove old version on Centos and vice versa. Please give me advice! thanks much, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

install a obsoleted package

How do you install a obsoleted package? This is the error message if you are curious. $ sudo rpm -i /home/bob/Downloads/OOO330_m20_native_packed-1_en-US.9567/RPMS/openoffice.org-ure-1.7.0-9567.i586.rpm password for bob: error: Failed dependencies: openoffice.org-ure < 1:3.3.1 is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)