Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Where is the crontab file stored Post 302159628 by ennstate on Friday 18th of January 2008 05:43:54 AM
Old 01-18-2008
I guess it will be stored /var/spool/cron/ but we only root has permission for those directories

Thanks
Nagarajan G
This User Gave Thanks to ennstate For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Directory where spooled file is stored

I am spooling a text file to printer under Sun Solaris m/c (solaris 7). I want to know which directory the spooled text file is stored before it goes to printer. B'se my main problem is to find the escape sequence from the text file to get landscape orientation. Now when ever I spool a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: babulilly
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment variable stored in a file

Hi, I want to write a perl script, which will increment number stored in file. I want to do this without any file handles. I think we have to use some UNIX commands. I am not sure how to do this with file handles. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solitare123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prase a file and stored the result to an array

Dear all , I have a file whose content has the following format: jboss.web:type=ThreadPool,name=AAAA jboss.web:type=ThreadPool,name=BBBB How can I parse this file to get the value of the name of each line (AAAA , BBBB) and store the result to an array ? (array = AAAA , array = BBBB).... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: youareapkman
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the Username stored in another file

Hello, I have a file FSGReport.info which reads as export username=abc export password= 1333 Now I have another FTP script file FTP.sh in which I need to access the username and password stored in the file FSGReport.info . How can I access this file and get the username and password. Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vnatarajan
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Where are package contents stored for a file, or why aren't they visible w/o right clicking the file

I was wondering about the "Show Package Contents" option in OS X. I have a keynote file that I'm looking at. Exactly where are these contents or its directory stored, because they aren't visible in the Finder window, unless I obviously right click and choose to view them. And I don't think I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract rows from file based on row numbers stored in another file

Hi All, I have a file which is like this: rows.dat 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 8 7 8 9 0 4 3 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 I have another file with numbers like these (numbers.txt): 1 3 4 5 I want to read numbers.txt file line by line. The extract the row from rows.dat based on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a string stored in other file

I need to design a script which can do the following: I have two files abc.txt and constant.hmtl abc.txt contains some 5 string that I need to see if they exist in contants.html. Constants.hmtl is a very large file around 800 lines. I want to search all the strings present in file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemasid
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to Insert few lines which are stored in some file before a pattern in another file

Hello, I have few lines to be inserted in file_lines_to_insert. In another file final_file, I have to add lines from above file file_lines_to_insert before a particular pattern. e.g. $ cat file_lines_to_insert => contents are abc def lkj In another file final_file, before a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Eliminating words from a file through ngrams stored in another file

Hello, I have a large data file which contains a huge amount of garbage i.e. words which do not exist in the language. An example will make this clear: kpaware nlupset rrrbring In other words these words are invalid in English and constitute garbage in the data. I have identified such... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search if file exists for a file pattern stored in array

Hi experts, I have two arrays one has the file paths to be searched in , and the other has the files to be serached.For eg searchfile.dat will have abc303 xyz123 i have to search for files that could be abc303*.dat or for that matter any extension . abc303*.dat.gz The following code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
2 Replies
ATRUN(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  ATRUN(8)

NAME
atrun -- run jobs queued for later execution SYNOPSIS
atrun [-l load_avg] [-d] DESCRIPTION
atrun runs jobs queued by at(1). Root's crontab(5) must contain the line: */10 * * * * root /usr/libexec/atrun so that atrun(8) gets called every ten minutes. At every invocation, every job in lowercase queues whose starting time has passed is started. A maximum of one batch job (denoted by upper- case queues) is started each time atrun is invoked. OPTIONS
-l load_avg Specifies a limiting load factor, over which batch jobs should not be run, instead of the compiled-in value of 1.5. -d Debug; print error messages to standard error instead of using syslog(3). WARNINGS
For atrun to work, you have to start up a cron(8) daemon. FILES
/var/at/spool Directory containing output spool files /var/at/jobs Directory containing job files SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), syslog(3), crontab(5), cron(8) AUTHORS
Thomas Koenig <ig25@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de> BUGS
The functionality of atrun should be merged into cron(8). BSD
April 12, 1995 BSD