Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Sco-Unix IP Printer no longer working Post 302159369 by jgt on Thursday 17th of January 2008 03:28:32 PM
Old 01-17-2008
We have found that when this happens restarting tcp will generally resolve the issue.
#/etc/rc2.d/S85tcp stop
#/etc/rc2.d/S85tcp start

Make sure that all telnet, ssh, ftp sessions are closed when you do this.
This procedure is faster than restarting the whole system.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Telnet connection to Sco Unixware from Windows 2000 taking longer !!!

Telnet connection to SCO Unixware server taking longer to return the Login prompt !!! Thanx in advance for any suggestions or help in this regard . Cheers KBiswas (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kbiswas
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printer + Unix (SCO)

Hello, I'm a real noob with Unix. I have to make an installation of a printer, EPSON LQ 2080 (impact printer) on local port ltp, on a Unix SCO 5.7. So....where can I find the driver, and how can I install it on a sco ? Sorry for my english, i'm frenchy ;) Thank you ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kok
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO Unix printer waiting for auto-retry

Running SCO 5.0.5 with all the updates available on a Compaq 800 and just ran into this problem of the printer that is hooked up to /dev/lp0 &or /dev/lp. The printer has been working fine for 5 plus years and still works on another machine. I've uninstalled & re-installed the parallel port and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cfaiman
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configure SCO Unix to print on windows base XP printer

Hi, I have done this year ago, and now I need to do it again, but did not remember how I do it. I have a slip printer on a windows xp workstation and i need to print from SCO unix application to that printer. I try to create a remote printer but the only option available is unix, the other to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: comsiconsa
0 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

my account is no longer working

my account mhm4 is no longer working (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhm4
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone no longer working for mac OS X 10.6??!? HELP!!!!

My roommate forgot his admin password on his MacBook air.. He doesn't have the external SuperDrive, so we have no way of using the simple method of using the install disks and resetting the password.. The worst part is, he did this same thing about a year ago lol At the time, we booted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PhiGam
0 Replies

7. SCO

SCO UNIX ftp - weird kind of working

hi, i am working on sco unix 5.07, i have 10 individual servers networked locally in which sco os is installed. one of them is not transferring the file to other servers but accepting all files. means Server (A) can accept the file through FTP from any server but not transferring FTP its own... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aafflatoon
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script is not longer working in the crontab

This is the crontab it is supossed to be running everyday but it didnt 5 0 * * * /export/app/CO/opge/scr/Informe_parametros_colombia.ksh >/dev/null 2>&1 Inside the above script connects to a database and extract data to a flat file, manually i run the script at about 2 a.m. and Works OK,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vnc No Longer Working Correctly

Hello All, Yesterday, all day, I was using x11vnc and vncviewer to connect to a server. But today for some reason it is not working. I don't remember changing any settings or anything like that, but because it stopped working correctly I guess something has...? I'm issuing the exact same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
0 Replies
printmgr(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      printmgr(1M)

NAME
printmgr - Solaris Print Manager is a graphical user interface for managing printers in a network SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/admin/bin/printmgr DESCRIPTION
Solaris Print Manager is a Java-based graphical user interface that enables you to manage local and remote printer access. This tool can be used in the following name service environments: LDAP, NIS, NIS+, and files. You must be logged in as superuser to use this tool. Using Solaris Printer Manager is the preferred method for managing printer access because Solaris Print Manager centralizes printer infor- mation when it is used in a name service environment. Adding printer information to a name service makes access to printers available to all systems on the network and generally makes printer administration easier because all the information about printers is centralized. Solaris Print Manager may be run on a remote system with the display sent to the local system. See the System Administration Guide: Solaris Printing for instructions on setting the DISPLAY environment variable. Using Solaris Print Manager to perform printer-related tasks automatically updates the appropriate printer databases. Solaris Print Manager also includes a command-line console that displays the lp command line for the add, modify, and delete printer operations. Errors and warn- ings may also be displayed when Printer Manager operations are performed. Help is available by clicking the Help button. USAGE
Solaris Print Manager enables you to do the following tasks: Select a Name Service Select a name service for retrieving or changing printer information. Add Access to a Printer Add printer access on a printer client using Solaris Print Manager. Add an Attached Printer After physically attaching the printer to a system, use Solaris Print Manager to install a local printer and make it available for printing. Add a Network Printer After physically attaching the printer to a system, use Solaris Print Manager to install a local printer and make it available for printing. Modify Printer Properties After adding access to a printer or adding an attached or network printer, you can modify certain printer attributes. Delete a Printer Delete access to a printer from the print client or delete a printer from the print server or from the name service environment. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWppm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ldap(1), lpget(1M), lpset(1M), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: Solaris Printing for information on LDAP server replication. Although users can use the LDAP command line utilities ldapadd(1) and ldapmodify(1)to update printer entries in the directory, the pre- ferred method is to use lpset. Otherwise, if the lpadd and lpmodify utilities are used, the administrator must ensure that the printer-name attribute value is unique within the ou=printers container on the LDAP server. If the value is not unique, the result of modifications done using lpset or the Solaris Print Manager, printmgr may be unpredictable. SunOS 5.11 23 May 2003 printmgr(1M)