Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity SMTP Flooding - How can I stop it? Post 302157718 by reborg on Friday 11th of January 2008 07:21:10 PM
Old 01-11-2008
Ok, and that confirms qmail. What do you have in rcphosts, ie. is there anything other than your domain?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Smtp

Hi All, I am running an email server on a Linux machine. My goal is to set up in a way that I can use pop3 to retrieve mail from a Windows machine using Outlook. Now I can download the messages from the Linux email server, however I can not send out messages. I encounter this error: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vtran4270
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

SMTP with sendmail

Hi, I have a solaris 9 box, and 2 domains A.com and B.net. the machine is on B.net. I am not able to send emails to @A.com using mail or mailx. after reading on sendmail, there was something about relaying and editing the file /etc/mail/relay-domains. Please let me know if this is what i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to stop others users to stop viewing what i am doing ?

Hi , I have one question, suppose i am a normal user and when i use 'w' command , it shows who is logged on and what they are doing . Now i want to stop others users to know what i am doing accept the root ? can i do this ? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
5 Replies

4. Programming

C Smtp

how do you send a ".\n" in a smtp client? >354 Send message, end with <CRLF>.<CRLF> >. > i have already issued a "./n" but it doesnt work. please help. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grotesque
1 Replies

5. AIX

SMTP doubt

Hi All, I have a unix box which is in a network with windows machine, I am able to send the mails to the user id's with in the unix box. I dont have Internet connection for this box, so I am not able to test if it can send mails to external network or not? I want to know, if SMTP is already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu_puttaganti
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Smtp

Hi All, I have a unix box which is in a network with windows machine, I am able to send the mails to the user id's with in the unix box. I dont have Internet connection for this box, so I am not able to test if it can send mails to external network or not? I want to know, if SMTP is already... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balu_puttaganti
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

SMTP Settings

Hi all, Please help to check weather the SMTP settings are configured or not on my LINUX server? I want to send a mail to mailbox. I know that the target SMTP server has to be configured on LINUX box to do so. How can i see weather it is configured or not? --Ramesh Ch. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Svc messages flooding the system logs every second

Hi all I have a newly installed Oracle X2-4 server running Solaris 10 x86 with the latest patches. I have one non-global zone configured running an Oracle DB instance. After configuring IPMP failover between two NICs on the server and rebooting I am seeing the /var/adm/messages being flooded... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo or su keeps flooding my /var/log/messages

It is crazy when you just entered a command example sudo or su or even ps. It will flood your /var/log/messages. Please see duplicate entries except for the pid. At 1 specific time. Thanks $ cat b Jan 13 17:09:05 SERVER1 bash: user1 as root: Jan 13 17:09:05 SERVER1 bash: user1 as root: Jan... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
3 Replies
qmail-local(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    qmail-local(8)

NAME
qmail-local - deliver or forward a mail message SYNOPSIS
qmail-local [ -nN ] user homedir local dash ext domain sender defaultdelivery DESCRIPTION
qmail-local reads a mail message and delivers it to user by the procedure described in dot-qmail(5). The message's envelope recipient is local@domain. qmail-local records local@domain in a new Delivered-To header field. If exactly the same Delivered-To: local@domain already appears in the header, qmail-local bounces the message, to prevent mail forwarding loops. The message's envelope sender is sender. qmail-local records sender in a new Return-Path header field. homedir is the user's home directory. It must be an absolute directory name. dash and ext identify the .qmaildashext file used by qmail-local; see dot-qmail(5). Normally dash is either empty or a lone hyphen. If it is empty, qmail-local treats a nonexistent .qmailext the same way as an empty .qmailext: namely, following the delivery instructions in defaultdelivery. The standard input for qmail-local must be a seekable file, so that qmail-local can read it more than once. OPTIONS
-n Instead of reading and delivering the message, print a description of the delivery instructions. -N (Default.) Read and deliver the message. EXIT CODES
0 if the delivery is completely successful; nonzero if any delivery instruction failed. Exit code 111 indicates temporary failure. SEE ALSO
dot-qmail(5), envelopes(5), qmail-command(8), qmail-queue(8), qmail-send(8), qmail-lspawn(8) qmail-local(8)