Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity SMTP Flooding - How can I stop it? Post 302157716 by zaroundus on Friday 11th of January 2008 07:11:27 PM
Old 01-11-2008
Yes I do. I've been in here before. I believe it was to add to rcpthosts when I first got this server online.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Smtp

Hi All, I am running an email server on a Linux machine. My goal is to set up in a way that I can use pop3 to retrieve mail from a Windows machine using Outlook. Now I can download the messages from the Linux email server, however I can not send out messages. I encounter this error: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vtran4270
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

SMTP with sendmail

Hi, I have a solaris 9 box, and 2 domains A.com and B.net. the machine is on B.net. I am not able to send emails to @A.com using mail or mailx. after reading on sendmail, there was something about relaying and editing the file /etc/mail/relay-domains. Please let me know if this is what i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to stop others users to stop viewing what i am doing ?

Hi , I have one question, suppose i am a normal user and when i use 'w' command , it shows who is logged on and what they are doing . Now i want to stop others users to know what i am doing accept the root ? can i do this ? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
5 Replies

4. Programming

C Smtp

how do you send a ".\n" in a smtp client? >354 Send message, end with <CRLF>.<CRLF> >. > i have already issued a "./n" but it doesnt work. please help. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grotesque
1 Replies

5. AIX

SMTP doubt

Hi All, I have a unix box which is in a network with windows machine, I am able to send the mails to the user id's with in the unix box. I dont have Internet connection for this box, so I am not able to test if it can send mails to external network or not? I want to know, if SMTP is already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu_puttaganti
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Smtp

Hi All, I have a unix box which is in a network with windows machine, I am able to send the mails to the user id's with in the unix box. I dont have Internet connection for this box, so I am not able to test if it can send mails to external network or not? I want to know, if SMTP is already... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balu_puttaganti
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

SMTP Settings

Hi all, Please help to check weather the SMTP settings are configured or not on my LINUX server? I want to send a mail to mailbox. I know that the target SMTP server has to be configured on LINUX box to do so. How can i see weather it is configured or not? --Ramesh Ch. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Svc messages flooding the system logs every second

Hi all I have a newly installed Oracle X2-4 server running Solaris 10 x86 with the latest patches. I have one non-global zone configured running an Oracle DB instance. After configuring IPMP failover between two NICs on the server and rebooting I am seeing the /var/adm/messages being flooded... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo or su keeps flooding my /var/log/messages

It is crazy when you just entered a command example sudo or su or even ps. It will flood your /var/log/messages. Please see duplicate entries except for the pid. At 1 specific time. Thanks $ cat b Jan 13 17:09:05 SERVER1 bash: user1 as root: Jan 13 17:09:05 SERVER1 bash: user1 as root: Jan... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
3 Replies
mconnect(1)                                                        User Commands                                                       mconnect(1)

NAME
mconnect - connect to SMTP mail server socket SYNOPSIS
mconnect [-p port] [-r] [hostname] DESCRIPTION
The mconnect utility opens a connection to the mail server on a given host, so that it can be tested independently of all other mail soft- ware. If no host is given, the connection is made to the local host. Servers expect to speak the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) on this connection. Exit by typing the quit command. Typing EOF sends an end of file to the server. An interrupt closes the connection immedi- ately and exits. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -p port Specify the port number instead of the default SMTP port (number 25) as the next argument. -r "Raw" mode: disable the default line buffering and input handling. This produces an effect similar to telnet(1) to port number 25. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: hostname The name of a given host. USAGE
The mconnect command is IPv6-enabled. See ip6(7P). FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.hf help file for SMTP commands ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
telnet(1), sendmail(1M), attributes(5), ip6(7P) Postel, Jonathan B., RFC 821, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, Information Sciences Institute, University of Southern California, August 1982. SunOS 5.10 9 Nov 1999 mconnect(1)