Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Comparing Two Strings
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing Two Strings Post 302156774 by ranjithpr on Wednesday 9th of January 2008 04:33:17 AM
Old 01-09-2008
missing spaces and use -o for OR

if [ "$file1" = "Sector.sql" -o "$file1" = "Currency.sql" ]; then

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing two strings

Hi How do i compare two strings in shell script. Below is an example but I am not getting the desired output, plz help if then echo success fi I am not getting the desired output if I do this. plz help (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
24 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Comparing strings

I have two strings a=Mar22 b=may21 how can I compare them Is this fine if then; . ... else .... fi or if then (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakyaj
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing strings

i have a string in a file which gets repeated number of times like below: rpttxt("abc") . . rpttxt("REP_TITLE") rpttxt("BOS_TITLE") . . . . and so on using awk or grep how can i comapre the string( as the second half keeps varying) and store it in a temporary variable? I am using the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarwal
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing 2 strings

hi i have 2 strings. i want to compare the strings. please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing two strings

hi All i am facing prob in comparing two strings that have two word. below is the code snippet. checkValidates="file validates" file3_name="file" if then echo "file" $file3_name "is validated successfully" fi when i run this i get the error as -bash: [: too many arguments ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing strings using nawk

Hello All Please I have got a file called DATE.tex which consist of 01-04-2008_12:00:00 01-04-2005_12:00:00 01-04-2003_12:00:00 01-04-2007_12:00:00 01-04-2002_12:00:00 01-04-2009_12:00:00 I want to use nawk to print out the dates >=01-04-2009_12:00:00 I tried this cat plnt.new |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganiel24
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing strings with sed

Input: The the the the Output: not-same same What would be the sed command to do this? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strings comparing incorrectly

Hello I'm very new to Linux and shell scripting so I only know basic stuff. I'm making a script with the purpose of finding the longest string or word in a file. Here's what I got so far: #!/bin/bash longest="" for i in $(strings -n $1); do if ] then longest=$i fi done echo $longest... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SCB
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing strings as ints

Hi, So I got his code below. $year is a string of 2010,2011 etc. I guess I want to convert $year to an integer so I can do my if statement to see if the year string is greater than 2010? Or how could I do this? Right now I get a syntax error doing this. if; then do stuff fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Strings in ksh88

Hi I tried the following string comparison script in Ksh88 #!/bin/ksh str1='aC' str2='ABC' if then echo "Equal" else echo "Not Equal" fi Though str1 and str2 are not equal the script output says Equal . Please correct me Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
2 Replies
dla_lin_berr.f(3)						      LAPACK							 dla_lin_berr.f(3)

NAME
dla_lin_berr.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine dla_lin_berr (N, NZ, NRHS, RES, AYB, BERR) DLA_LIN_BERR Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine dla_lin_berr (integerN, integerNZ, integerNRHS, double precision, dimension( n, nrhs )RES, double precision, dimension( n, nrhs )AYB, double precision, dimension( nrhs )BERR) DLA_LIN_BERR Purpose: DLA_LIN_BERR computes component-wise relative backward error from the formula max(i) ( abs(R(i)) / ( abs(op(A_s))*abs(Y) + abs(B_s) )(i) ) where abs(Z) is the component-wise absolute value of the matrix or vector Z. Parameters: N N is INTEGER The number of linear equations, i.e., the order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NZ NZ is INTEGER We add (NZ+1)*SLAMCH( 'Safe minimum' ) to R(i) in the numerator to guard against spuriously zero residuals. Default value is N. NRHS NRHS is INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices AYB, RES, and BERR. NRHS >= 0. RES RES is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N,NRHS) The residual matrix, i.e., the matrix R in the relative backward error formula above. AYB AYB is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N, NRHS) The denominator in the relative backward error formula above, i.e., the matrix abs(op(A_s))*abs(Y) + abs(B_s). The matrices A, Y, and B are from iterative refinement (see dla_gerfsx_extended.f). BERR BERR is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (NRHS) The component-wise relative backward error from the formula above. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Definition at line 102 of file dla_lin_berr.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 dla_lin_berr.f(3)