Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Printer Configuration with comannd line Post 302155351 by lechuga on Thursday 3rd of January 2008 04:35:43 PM
Old 01-03-2008
In red-hat and centos

system-config-printer

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

line printer log

Hi there I'm working with HP/UX I have found a line printer log file in /var/adm/lp. this file contains the print process, the User, the Printer, and date/time. My question is , where can i make a change so that this file includes the name of the file that is sent to the printer? Could anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vascobrito
1 Replies

2. Linux

printer configuration

RH 7.2 I am able to configure a parallel printer using printconf-gui...but is there any way to automate this through the command line? Through printconf-gui I configure it as a local printer, I gave it an arbitrary queue name of epson-fx-880, device is /dev/lp0, & it's a text-only printer. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
0 Replies

3. AIX

copy printer configuration to another machine

All, I have just entered over 70 printers in my AIX 5.3 machine. I have to get those same printers onto another machine and I really don't want to do it manually again. Is there a way to copy the information over to that machine? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need to change printer configuration

We have several Printers that are pointing to a print server that is now defunct. I need to point these printers to the new print server. I am aware I need to change the configuration in /usr/spool/lp/admins/lp/printers/printername/configuration as well as in /etc/printers.conf. However my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tugger
0 Replies

5. SuSE

open SUSE 11.0 and its printer configuration

Does anybody who uses open SUSE 11.0? I have used open SUSE 10.2 for about 18 months. Today I installed open SUSE 11.0 The printer does not work. I tried all the tricks tweak it. My printer is an old one. It is HP Deskjet 5600 series. It works fine. I did the configuration using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Angelo
0 Replies

6. SCO

printer configuration

Dear all i have install printer in sco open 5 , i m not getting print out , but printing is showing in que plz help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
7 Replies

7. SCO

additional printer port configuration in winxware 7

Dear Sir, How can install additional pci lpt card (parallel port) I want to install second dmp printer in unixware 7 server thanks n regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Printer configuration file

Hello, I am working on Servers running SCO OpenServer 5 and I tend to setup a lot of Servers. I am wondering if mkdev -lp to create printers has a file that I can just copy and paste from an exisiting Server to a new (upgrade) server. I can do this with the hosts and resolv.conf files. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ewerezak
1 Replies

9. SCO

LPD PRINTER CONFIGURATION

Dear All, I have configured a printer on a unix box to be printing on windows xp printer. Below are the steps followed:- Create the printer on the Windows XP box and share it as prt5 Enable unix printer services on windows XP box On unix box i make changes on hosts,hosts.equiv and .rhosts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: njoroge
1 Replies

10. AIX

Printer configuration

We are moving production from a 6.1 AIX server to a cluster 7.1 servers. I am asked to set up the printers exactly the way it was on 6.1.server. How do i copy the printer configurations? Will copying /etc/qconfig file work? Please help me. thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElizabethPJ
2 Replies
MOD_APPARMOR(8)                                                      AppArmor                                                      MOD_APPARMOR(8)

NAME
mod_apparmor - fine-grained AppArmor confinement for Apache DESCRIPTION
An AppArmor profile applies to an executable program; if a portion of the program needs different access permissions than other portions, the program can "change hats" via aa_change_hat(2) to a different role, also known as a subprofile. The mod_apparmor Apache module uses the aa_change_hat(2) mechanism to offer more fine-grained confinement of dynamic elements within Apache such as individual php and perl scripts, while still allowing the performance benefits of using mod_php and mod_perl. To use mod_apparmor with Apache, ensure that mod_apparmor is configured to be loaded into Apache, either via a2enmod, yast or manual editing of the apache2(8)/httpd(8) configuration files, and restart Apache. Make sure that apparmor is also functioning. Once mod_apparmor is loaded within Apache, all requests to Apache will cause mod_apparmor to attempt to change into a hat named by the URI (e.g. /app/some.cgi). If no such hat is found, it will fall back to attempting to use the hat DEFAULT_URI; if that also does not exist, it will fall back to using the global Apache profile. Most static web pages can simply make use of the DEFAULT_URI hat. Additionally, before any requests come in to Apache, mod_apparmor will attempt to change hat into the HANDLING_UNTRUSTED_INPUT hat. mod_apparmor will attempt to use this hat while Apache is doing the initial parsing of a given http request, before its given to a specific handler (like mod_php) for processing. Because defining hats for every URI/URL often becomes tedious, mod_apparmor provides the AAHatName and AADefaultHatName Apache configuration options. AAHatName AAHatName allows you to specify a hat to be used for a given Apache <Directory>, <DirectoryMatch>, <Location> or <LocationMatch> directive (see the Apache documenation for more details). Note that mod_apparmor behavior can become confused if <Directory*> and <Location*> directives are intermingled and it is recommended to use one type of directive. If the hat specified by AAHatName does not exist in the Apache profile, then it falls back to the behavior described above. AADefaultHatName AADefaultHatName allows you to specify a default hat to be used for virtual hosts and other Apache server directives, so that you can have different defaults for different virtual hosts. This can be overridden by the AAHatName directive and is checked for only if there isn't a matching AAHatName or hat named by the URI. If the AADefaultHatName hat does not exist, it falls back to the DEFAULT_URI hat if it exists (as described above). URI REQUEST SUMMARY
When profiling with mod_apparmor, it is helpful to keep the following order of operations in mind: On each URI request, mod_apparmor will first aa_change_hat(2) into ^HANDLING_UNTRUSTED_INPUT, if it exists. Then, after performing the initial parsing of the request, mod_apparmor will: 1. try to aa_change_hat(2) into a matching AAHatName hat if it exists and applies, otherwise it will 2. try to aa_change_hat(2) into the URI itself, otherwise it will 3. try to aa_change_hat(2) into an AADefaultHatName hat if it has been defined for the server/vhost, otherwise it will 4. try to aa_change_hat(2) into the DEFAULT_URI hat, if it exists, otherwise it will 5. fall back to the global Apache policy BUGS
mod_apparmor() currently only supports apache2, and has only been tested with the prefork MPM configuration -- threaded configurations of Apache may not work correctly. There are likely other bugs lurking about; if you find any, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), subdomain.conf(5), apparmor_parser(8), aa_change_hat(2) and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 MOD_APPARMOR(8)