Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Printer Configuration with comannd line Post 302155351 by lechuga on Thursday 3rd of January 2008 04:35:43 PM
Old 01-03-2008
In red-hat and centos

system-config-printer

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

line printer log

Hi there I'm working with HP/UX I have found a line printer log file in /var/adm/lp. this file contains the print process, the User, the Printer, and date/time. My question is , where can i make a change so that this file includes the name of the file that is sent to the printer? Could anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vascobrito
1 Replies

2. Linux

printer configuration

RH 7.2 I am able to configure a parallel printer using printconf-gui...but is there any way to automate this through the command line? Through printconf-gui I configure it as a local printer, I gave it an arbitrary queue name of epson-fx-880, device is /dev/lp0, & it's a text-only printer. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
0 Replies

3. AIX

copy printer configuration to another machine

All, I have just entered over 70 printers in my AIX 5.3 machine. I have to get those same printers onto another machine and I really don't want to do it manually again. Is there a way to copy the information over to that machine? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need to change printer configuration

We have several Printers that are pointing to a print server that is now defunct. I need to point these printers to the new print server. I am aware I need to change the configuration in /usr/spool/lp/admins/lp/printers/printername/configuration as well as in /etc/printers.conf. However my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tugger
0 Replies

5. SuSE

open SUSE 11.0 and its printer configuration

Does anybody who uses open SUSE 11.0? I have used open SUSE 10.2 for about 18 months. Today I installed open SUSE 11.0 The printer does not work. I tried all the tricks tweak it. My printer is an old one. It is HP Deskjet 5600 series. It works fine. I did the configuration using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Angelo
0 Replies

6. SCO

printer configuration

Dear all i have install printer in sco open 5 , i m not getting print out , but printing is showing in que plz help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
7 Replies

7. SCO

additional printer port configuration in winxware 7

Dear Sir, How can install additional pci lpt card (parallel port) I want to install second dmp printer in unixware 7 server thanks n regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Printer configuration file

Hello, I am working on Servers running SCO OpenServer 5 and I tend to setup a lot of Servers. I am wondering if mkdev -lp to create printers has a file that I can just copy and paste from an exisiting Server to a new (upgrade) server. I can do this with the hosts and resolv.conf files. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ewerezak
1 Replies

9. SCO

LPD PRINTER CONFIGURATION

Dear All, I have configured a printer on a unix box to be printing on windows xp printer. Below are the steps followed:- Create the printer on the Windows XP box and share it as prt5 Enable unix printer services on windows XP box On unix box i make changes on hosts,hosts.equiv and .rhosts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: njoroge
1 Replies

10. AIX

Printer configuration

We are moving production from a 6.1 AIX server to a cluster 7.1 servers. I am asked to set up the printers exactly the way it was on 6.1.server. How do i copy the printer configurations? Will copying /etc/qconfig file work? Please help me. thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElizabethPJ
2 Replies
printers.conf(5)						    Apple Inc.							  printers.conf(5)

NAME
printers.conf - printer configuration file for cups DESCRIPTION
The printers.conf file defines the local printers that are available. It is normally located in the /etc/cups directory and is generated automatically by the cupsd(8) program when printers are added or deleted. Each line in the file can be a configuration directive, a blank line, or a comment. Comment lines start with the # character. DIRECTIVES
<Printer name> ... </Printer> Defines a specific printer. <DefaultPrinter name> ... </Printer> Defines a default printer. Accepting Yes Accepting No Specifies whether the printer is accepting new jobs. AllowUser [ user @group ... ] Allows specific users and groups to print to the printer. DenyUser [ user @group ... ] Prevents specific users and groups from printing to the printer. DeviceURI uri Specifies the device URI for a printer. ErrorPolicy abort-job ErrorPolicy retry-current-job ErrorPolicy retry-job ErrorPolicy stop-printer Specifies the error policy for the printer. Info text Specifies human-readable text describing the printer. JobSheets banner banner Specifies the banner pages to use for the printer. KLimit number Specifies the job-k-limit value for the printer. Location text Specifies human-readable text describing the location of the printer. OpPolicy name Specifies the operation policy for the printer. PageLimit number Specifies the job-page-limit value for the printer. PortMonitor monitor Specifies the port monitor for a printer. QuotaPeriod seconds Specifies the job-quota-period value for the printer. Shared Yes Shared No Specifies whether the printer is shared. State idle State stopped Specifies the initial state of the printer (Idle or Stopped) StateMessage text Specifies the message associated with the state. StateTime seconds Specifies the date/time associated with the state. SEE ALSO
classes.conf(5), cupsd(8), cupsd.conf(5), mime.convs(5), mime.types(5), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2011 by Apple Inc. 29 April 2009 CUPS printers.conf(5)