Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting display free space on a unix server Post 302154916 by davwel on Wednesday 2nd of January 2008 12:33:34 PM
Old 01-02-2008
im really new at this, how would i do that. thanks for the response

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display the timestamp of a server UNIX

I can't find the command shell UNIX to display the timestamp of the current date. It's not an option of the commande date. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicolas
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Does unix ever misreport free space?

Hi all, Does unix ever misreport free space? We're having a problem running a utility, and the error message looks for all the world like the utility has no free space for its work files: HOST ERROR(D10681C). No space left on device. But the device itself shows ample free space. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JustKen
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want display a line with space in file by unix script

HI , I am having a file as -----------------a.out------------------- Hi I am unix developer using hp unix this is a test --------------------------------------- i need to read each line by a unix script of the file and to print in console with the space in the line as ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the free space & usage of the particular directory in Hp-Unix?

How to find the free space & usage of the particular directory in Hp-Unix? I want to see the usage in % (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

How do i find free space in my unix?

Hello, I wanted to calculate free space in my unix file system. Here is my direction. I can use df -h command to get the below output. Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on =================================================== /dev/vx/dsk/edcdg/data01vol ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
9 Replies

7. Solaris

No space left on device but free space and inodes are available...

hi guys, me again ;) i recently opened a thread about physical to zone migration. My zone is mounted over a "bigger" LUN (500GB) and step is now to move the old files, from the physical server, to my zone. We are talking about 22mio of files. i used rsync to do that and every time at... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
8 Replies

8. Fedora

Need to incrwase PHYSICAL VOLUME space on hard drive with free space on it

Hi, I run Fedora 17. I created a physical volume of 30GB on a disk with 60GB of space so there is 30GB of free space. On the physical volume, I created my volume group and logical volumes. I assigned all the space in the physical volume to my volume group. I need to add the 30GB of free space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Check free disk space in server

Hi, I need about 500G space in one corporate solaris server. However, I am not sure which command to use to check this. There are few volume groups in the server, and I deleted unused, old volume groups to clear some space. However, now I am not sure how to check the free space itself. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies
XUnmapWindow(3X11)						     MIT X11R4							XUnmapWindow(3X11)

Name
       XUnmapWindow, XUnmapSubwindows - unmap windows

Syntax
       XUnmapWindow(display, w)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;

XUnmapSubwindows(display, w)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;

Arguments
       display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

w	 Specifies the window.

Description
       The function unmaps the specified window and causes the X server to generate an event.  If the specified window is already unmapped, has no
       effect.	Normal exposure processing on formerly obscured windows is performed.  Any child window will no longer be visible until another
       map call is made on the parent.	In other words, the subwindows are still mapped but are not visible until the parent is mapped.  Unmapping
       a window will generate events on windows that were formerly obscured by it.

can generate a error.

The function unmaps all subwindows for the specified window in bottom-to-top stacking order.  It causes the X server to generate an event
       on each subwindow and events on formerly obscured windows.  Using this function is much more efficient than unmapping multiple windows one
       at a time because the server needs to perform much of the work only once, for all of the windows, rather than for each window.

can generate a error.

Diagnostics
       A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window.

See Also
       XChangeWindowAttributes(3X11), XConfigureWindow(3X11), XCreateWindow(3X11), XDestroyWindow(3X11), XMapWindow(3X11) XRaiseWindow(3X11)
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

XUnmapWindow(3X11)