Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help to escape special characters in Korn shell script Post 302154376 by rogers42 on Saturday 29th of December 2007 10:32:16 PM
Old 12-29-2007
Thanks for the tips folks. Much appreciated.

rogers42

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't stop shell interpreting special characters

I am struggling with the following sample code: array1=(a b c d) array2=(* * * *) print ${array1} print ${array2} It returns 'c' and the name of a file in the directory I'm in. I can't for the life of me work out how to prevent the shell interpreting the '*' and just get it to return... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Doug97
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print $1 escape all special characters

I'm using awk '{print $1}' and it works most of the time to print the contents of a mysql query loop, but occationally I get a field with some special character in it, is there a way to tell awk to ignore all special characters between my FS? I have >186K records, so building a list of ALL special... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace new line with <br /> & escape special characters

Hi, I wish to replace a new line with br (html) but it doesn't seem to work message=$(echo ${FORM_message} | tr '\r' '<br \/>' ) what it gives me seems to be ... b...? I am also having problem escaping hash sign in cut command: list=$(echo "$line" | cut -d'\#;\#' -f1) ; my intention is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ted_chou12
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell to insert cyrillic characters into the databse

i have written a shell script that reads a csv file and inserts tokenized strings into the database. the problem comes when the csv file has cyrillic characters. how do i set the parameters in my shell script(korn shell) so that any characters can be inserted into the database. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkca
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with sed to escape special characters

Hello Everyone, I need to read an encrypted password from the user and update that value in an xml file. I am trying to use "sed" for searching the appropriate tag and replacing this new value that get from the user. Since the encrypted password can contain special characters(like /,\,&,etc),... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: majose
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape special characters in SED

Need help in escaping special characters in sed command. Here is the the string which i am trying to find a replace with From :- REQUEST_TYPE=PIXEL&amp;MSG_ID={//MESSAGE_ID} To :- REQUEST_TYPE=PIXEL&amp;MSG_ID= X_EDELIVERY_MESSAGE_ID &amp; BATCH_ID= X_EDELIVERY_BATCH_ID Here is the sed command i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aakishore
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to escape Special Characters in Expect programming?

Hi, I have written a unix expect utility "ssh-login.exp" which connects (ssh) to remote host and execute some shell script. I am calling this "ssh-login.exp" utility from another shell script. "ssh-login.exp" takes username, password, host and shell script path to execute on remote host. All... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mahesh Desai
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto escape script to escape special chars in script args

This is a bit off the wall, but I often need to run scripts where there are argument values that contain special characters. For example, $ ./process.exe -t M -N -o temp.mol.s -i ../molfiles/N,N\',N\'\'-trimethylbis\(hexamethylene\)triamine.mol && sfile_space_to_tab.sh temp.mol.s temp.s It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to escape all special characters?

I have an application which I am integrating with that accepts the password via a CLI. I am running in to issues with passwords that contain special characters. I tried to escape them all, but I ran in to an issue where I cannot escape the characters ' ] My attempt is as follows: $... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AMG1978
2 Replies
QToolTipGroup(3qt)														QToolTipGroup(3qt)

NAME
QToolTipGroup - Collects tool tips into related groups SYNOPSIS
#include <qtooltip.h> Inherits QObject. Public Members QToolTipGroup ( QObject * parent, const char * name = 0 ) ~QToolTipGroup () bool delay () const bool enabled () const Public Slots void setDelay ( bool ) void setEnabled ( bool ) Signals void showTip ( const QString & longText ) void removeTip () Properties bool delay - whether the display of the group text is delayed bool enabled - whether tool tips in the group are enabled DESCRIPTION
The QToolTipGroup class collects tool tips into related groups. Tool tips can display two texts: one in the tip and (optionally) one that is typically in a status bar. QToolTipGroup provides a way to link tool tips to this status bar. QToolTipGroup has practically no API; it is only used as an argument to QToolTip's member functions, for example like this: QToolTipGroup * grp = new QToolTipGroup( this, "tool tip relay" ); connect( grp, SIGNAL(showTip(const QString&)), myLabel, SLOT(setText(const QString&)) ); connect( grp, SIGNAL(removeTip()), myLabel, SLOT(clear()) ); QToolTip::add( giraffeButton, "feed giraffe", grp, "Give the giraffe a meal" ); QToolTip::add( gorillaButton, "feed gorilla", grp, "Give the gorilla a meal" ); This example makes the object myLabel (which you must supply) display (one assumes, though you can make myLabel do anything, of course) the strings "Give the giraffe a meal" and "Give the gorilla a meal" while the relevant tool tips are being displayed. Deleting a tool tip group removes the tool tips in it. See also Help System. MEMBER FUNCTION DOCUMENTATION
QToolTipGroup::QToolTipGroup ( QObject * parent, const char * name = 0 ) Constructs a tool tip group called name, with parent parent. QToolTipGroup::~QToolTipGroup () Destroys this tool tip group and all tool tips in it. bool QToolTipGroup::delay () const Returns TRUE if the display of the group text is delayed; otherwise returns FALSE. See the "delay" property for details. bool QToolTipGroup::enabled () const Returns TRUE if tool tips in the group are enabled; otherwise returns FALSE. See the "enabled" property for details. void QToolTipGroup::removeTip () [signal] This signal is emitted when a tool tip in this group is hidden. See the QToolTipGroup documentation for an example of use. See also showTip(). void QToolTipGroup::setDelay ( bool ) [slot] Sets whether the display of the group text is delayed. See the "delay" property for details. void QToolTipGroup::setEnabled ( bool ) [slot] Sets whether tool tips in the group are enabled. See the "enabled" property for details. void QToolTipGroup::showTip ( const QString & longText ) [signal] This signal is emitted when one of the tool tips in the group is displayed. longText is the extra text for the displayed tool tip. See also removeTip(). Property Documentation bool delay This property holds whether the display of the group text is delayed. If set to TRUE (the default), the group text is displayed at the same time as the tool tip. Otherwise, the group text is displayed immediately when the cursor enters the widget. Set this property's value with setDelay() and get this property's value with delay(). bool enabled This property holds whether tool tips in the group are enabled. This property's default is TRUE. Set this property's value with setEnabled() and get this property's value with enabled(). SEE ALSO
http://doc.trolltech.com/qtooltipgroup.html http://www.trolltech.com/faq/tech.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2001 Trolltech AS, http://www.trolltech.com. See the license file included in the distribution for a complete license statement. AUTHOR
Generated automatically from the source code. BUGS
If you find a bug in Qt, please report it as described in http://doc.trolltech.com/bughowto.html. Good bug reports help us to help you. Thank you. The definitive Qt documentation is provided in HTML format; it is located at $QTDIR/doc/html and can be read using Qt Assistant or with a web browser. This man page is provided as a convenience for those users who prefer man pages, although this format is not officially supported by Trolltech. If you find errors in this manual page, please report them to qt-bugs@trolltech.com. Please include the name of the manual page (qtooltipgroup.3qt) and the Qt version (3.1.1). Trolltech AS 9 December 2002 QToolTipGroup(3qt)