Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help to escape special characters in Korn shell script Post 302154329 by Cameron on Saturday 29th of December 2007 06:48:45 AM
Old 12-29-2007
You could have also gone with ...
Code:
[mddev:/home/cameron]
$ print 'Copy "old_file.txt" to "new_file.txt"'
Copy "old_file.txt" to "new_file.txt"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't stop shell interpreting special characters

I am struggling with the following sample code: array1=(a b c d) array2=(* * * *) print ${array1} print ${array2} It returns 'c' and the name of a file in the directory I'm in. I can't for the life of me work out how to prevent the shell interpreting the '*' and just get it to return... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Doug97
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print $1 escape all special characters

I'm using awk '{print $1}' and it works most of the time to print the contents of a mysql query loop, but occationally I get a field with some special character in it, is there a way to tell awk to ignore all special characters between my FS? I have >186K records, so building a list of ALL special... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace new line with <br /> & escape special characters

Hi, I wish to replace a new line with br (html) but it doesn't seem to work message=$(echo ${FORM_message} | tr '\r' '<br \/>' ) what it gives me seems to be ... b...? I am also having problem escaping hash sign in cut command: list=$(echo "$line" | cut -d'\#;\#' -f1) ; my intention is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ted_chou12
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell to insert cyrillic characters into the databse

i have written a shell script that reads a csv file and inserts tokenized strings into the database. the problem comes when the csv file has cyrillic characters. how do i set the parameters in my shell script(korn shell) so that any characters can be inserted into the database. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkca
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with sed to escape special characters

Hello Everyone, I need to read an encrypted password from the user and update that value in an xml file. I am trying to use "sed" for searching the appropriate tag and replacing this new value that get from the user. Since the encrypted password can contain special characters(like /,\,&,etc),... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: majose
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape special characters in SED

Need help in escaping special characters in sed command. Here is the the string which i am trying to find a replace with From :- REQUEST_TYPE=PIXEL&amp;MSG_ID={//MESSAGE_ID} To :- REQUEST_TYPE=PIXEL&amp;MSG_ID= X_EDELIVERY_MESSAGE_ID &amp; BATCH_ID= X_EDELIVERY_BATCH_ID Here is the sed command i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aakishore
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to escape Special Characters in Expect programming?

Hi, I have written a unix expect utility "ssh-login.exp" which connects (ssh) to remote host and execute some shell script. I am calling this "ssh-login.exp" utility from another shell script. "ssh-login.exp" takes username, password, host and shell script path to execute on remote host. All... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mahesh Desai
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto escape script to escape special chars in script args

This is a bit off the wall, but I often need to run scripts where there are argument values that contain special characters. For example, $ ./process.exe -t M -N -o temp.mol.s -i ../molfiles/N,N\',N\'\'-trimethylbis\(hexamethylene\)triamine.mol && sfile_space_to_tab.sh temp.mol.s temp.s It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to escape all special characters?

I have an application which I am integrating with that accepts the password via a CLI. I am running in to issues with passwords that contain special characters. I tried to escape them all, but I ran in to an issue where I cannot escape the characters ' ] My attempt is as follows: $... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AMG1978
2 Replies
XDIFF_FILE_MERGE3(3)							 1						      XDIFF_FILE_MERGE3(3)

xdiff_file_merge3 - Merge 3 files into one

SYNOPSIS
mixed xdiff_file_merge3 (string $old_file, string $new_file1, string $new_file2, string $dest) DESCRIPTION
Merges three files into one and stores the result in a file $dest. The $old_file is an original version while $new_file1 and $new_file2 are modified versions of an original. PARAMETERS
o $old_file - Path to the first file. It acts as "old" file. o $new_file1 - Path to the second file. It acts as modified version of $old_file. o $new_file2 - Path to the third file. It acts as modified version of $old_file. o $dest - Path of the resulting file, containing merged changed from both $new_file1 and $new_file2. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if merge was successful, string with rejected chunks if it was not or FALSE if an internal error happened. EXAMPLES
Example #1 xdiff_file_merge3(3) example The following code merges three files into one. <?php $old_version = 'original_script.php'; $fix1 = 'script_with_fix1.php'; $fix2 = 'script_with_fix2.php'; $errors = xdiff_file_merge3($old_version, $fix1, $fix2, 'fixed_script.php'); if (is_string($errors)) { echo "Rejects: "; echo $errors; } ?> SEE ALSO
xdiff_string_merge3(3). PHP Documentation Group XDIFF_FILE_MERGE3(3)