Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers String search - Command to find second occurance Post 302149606 by saurabhsinha23 on Thursday 6th of December 2007 04:34:57 PM
Old 12-06-2007
Bug

Thanks Jim. This really helps. Smilie Let me try it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix find command to print directory and search string

Hi i need to print pathname in which the string present using 'find' command sample output like this Pathname String to be searched ---------- -------------------- /usr/test/myfile get /opt/test/somefile get Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: princein
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search for a word and it's occurance at the output

hey to everybody this is my first post at this forum I need a very immediate answer for this question. If you can, I will be delightfull I have a file called example.txt and I want to seek for the for hello and learn the number of the occurance of hello (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: legendofanatoli
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace the last occurance of a match in a file

HI please let me know if there is any command to search and replace only the last occurence of a string in aline. Eg: " This cat is a cat with a tail longer of all cat." I need to replace only the last "cat" in the above line. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harikris614
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk - find string, search lines below string for other strings

What's the easiest way to search a file for a specific string and then look for other instances after that? I want to search for all Virtual Hosts and print out the Server Name and Document Root (if it has that info), while discarding the rest of the info. Basically my file looks like this: ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mbohmer
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace only the first occurance

Hi, I need to search a string and replace with nothing, but only the First occurring string using sed/perl/awk (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suraj.sheikh
3 Replies

6. Linux

Linux command to find and replace occurance of more than two equal sign with "==" from XML file.

Please help me, wasted hrs:wall:, to find this soulution:- I need a command that will work on file (xml) and replace multiple occurrence (more than 2 times) Examples 1. '===' 2. '====' 3. '=======' should be replaced by just '==' Note :- single character should be replaced. (=... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedRocks!!
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern in a String file and count the occurance of each pattern

I am trying to search a file for a patterns ERR- in a file and return a count for each of the error reported Input file is a free flowing file without any format example of output ERR-00001=5 .... ERR-01010=10 ..... ERR-99999=10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Need help] perl script to find the occurance of string from a text file

I have two files 1. input.txt 2. keyword.txt input.txt has contents like .src_ref 0 "call.s" 24 first 0x000000 0x5a80 0x0060 BRA.l 0x60 .src_ref 0 "call.s" 30 first 0x000002 0x1bc5 RETI .src_ref 0 "call.s" 31 first 0x000003 0x6840 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acdc
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I use find command to search string/pattern in a file recursively?

Hi, How can I use find command to search string/pattern in a file recursively? What I tried: find . -type f -exec cat {} | grep "make" \; Output: grep: find: ;: No such file or directory missing argument to `-exec' And this: find . -type f -exec cat {} \; -exec grep "make" {} \;... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
12 Replies
ldi_remove_event_handler(9F)				   Kernel Functions for Drivers 			      ldi_remove_event_handler(9F)

NAME
ldi_remove_event_handler - remove an NDI event service callback SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi_obsolete.h> int ldi_remove_event_handler(ldi_handle_t lh, ldi_callback_id_t id); INTERFACE LEVEL
Obsolete PARAMETERS
ldi_handle_t lh Layered handle representing the device for which the event notification is requested. ldi_callback_id_t id Unique system-wide registration ID returned by ldi_add_event_handler(9F) upon successful registration. DESCRIPTION
This function is obsolete and is only maintained for compatibility. Use of this function is strongly discouraged. For equivalent function- ality provided by new interfaces, see ldi_ev_register_callbacks(9F) and ldi_ev_remove_callbacks(9F). The ldi_remove_event_handler() function removes the callback handler specified by the registration ID (ldi_callback_id_t). Upon successful removal, the callback handler is removed from the system and is not invoked at the event occurance. RETURN VALUES
DDI_SUCCESS Callback handler removed successfully. DDI_FAILURE Failed to remove callback handler. CONTEXT
This function can be called from user and kernel contexts only. SEE ALSO
ldi_ev_register_callbacks(9F), ldi_ev_remove_callbacks(9F), ldi_add_event_handler(9F), ldi_get_eventcookie(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.11 21 Aug 2007 ldi_remove_event_handler(9F)