Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: netbsd
Operating Systems BSD netbsd Post 302148635 by ibnusina202003 on Monday 3rd of December 2007 04:32:43 AM
Old 12-03-2007
another problem

hi, i just finish install what u say but i have another problem.i can't modified rc_configure=yes because when use vi to modified it say ex/vi:error?what should i do?when i finish install what u say, the background black and just command line interface?it is true i install it?do you have suggestion?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

NetBSD Troubles

HI, I just installed NetBSD i386 v. latest. I am having a few problems: For some reason X just won't start!? Another is I can't access My CDROM or Floppy. Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo
3 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Starting X in NetBSD

Hi I have NetBSD and i am having a trouble Starting X. It keeps asking me for the config file and I run the text confing file but it messes up. I really want to be able to run the Graphical Setup. I read about the Graphical setup from a book but they didn't tell how to start it. help please!? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash in netbsd

i recently downloaded and installed bash on my netbsd box (1.5.2) and set my shell and my root shell using user mod to change the shell, command executed under root. bash is installed from my user home directory (home/joe) and i moved the bash executable to /bin/ and everything is fine, except i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
6 Replies

4. BSD

NetBSD Ports

They put NetBSD on a Dreamcast. Thats just awesome. What can't they put it on!? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Phobos
1 Replies

5. BSD

Anyone using NetBSD pkgsrc on FreeBSD?

I confess, I'm getting a hair frustrated with the FreeBSD ports system. Is there a reasonably headache-free way of migrating all my installed apps to pkgsrc? Is it advisable or not? Or should I just change my systems over to NetBSD? Or stop worrying an learn to love FBSD ports? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: criglerj
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netbsd

which better freebsd and netbsd for server unix (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: salehudinayubi
0 Replies

7. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

NetBSD on VirtualBox

Hello, guys! I use Ubuntu 9.04 as desktop operating system and I want to make some tests on NetBSD. I tried to install as a virtual sistem on VirtualBox but it doesn't want to install. You can see the error in the attached file. Do you guys have any clue about what the problem could be? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
3 Replies

8. BSD

NetBSD on OLD laptop

I want to install NetBSD on the Compaq LTE 5000. ("Of course it runs NetBSD!!") But the laptop does NOT have a CD-ROM drive. How can I solve?? Thanks for any reply! :) PS: I hope i'm posting in the right item... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
2 Replies
VNDCOMPRESS(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					    VNDCOMPRESS(1)

NAME
vndcompress, vnduncompress -- compress/uncompress file system images to/from cloop2 format SYNOPSIS
vndcompress [-cd] disk/fs-image compressed-image [blocksize] vnduncompress [-cd] compressed-image disk/fs-image DESCRIPTION
The vndcompress program compresses an existing file system image into a cloop2 compatible compressed file system image. An optional block- size can be given. If omitted, the default of 64kB is used. The vnduncompress command decompress a cloop2-compressed file system image back into a regular image. The file system images that can be handled are not limited to any specific file system, i.e. it is possible to handle images e.g. in ISO 9660 or UFS/FFS format. File system images in the cloop2 format are intended to be used with the vnd(4) driver in compressed mode as configured by the -z option of the vnconfig(8) program, and later mounted with the appropriate -t option to mount(8). OPTIONS
The following options are available: -c Always compress, even if the program was started as vnduncompress. -d Always uncompress (decompress), even if the program was started as vndcompress. EXIT STATUS
The vndcompress and vnduncompress utilities exit with one of the following values: 0 The operation was performed successfully. 1 An error occurred. EXAMPLES
To compress an existing CD-ROM file system image, run the following commands: # vndcompress netbsd.iso netbsd.izo Note that the resulting compressed image cannot be mounted directly via NetBSD's vnd(4) and mount_cd9660(8) commands any longer. Instead, you will have to use the -z option of vnconfig(8). The following example decompresses an existing CD-ROM file system image that was compressed in the cloop2 format into a regular file that can then be mounted: # vnconfig vnd0 KNOPPIX.iso # mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/vnd0d /mnt # vnduncompress /mnt/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX /var/tmp/knoppix.iso # umount /mnt # vnconfig -u vnd0 # # vnconfig vnd1 /var/tmp/knoppix.iso # mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/vnd1d /mnt # ls /mnt .rr_moved cdrom floppy lib opt sbin usr bin dev home mnt proc sys var boot etc initrd none root tmp vmlinuz # umount /mnt # vnconfig -u vnd1 As an alternative, if your vnd(4) was compiled with VND_COMPRESSION, you can use vnconfig(8) to access the cloop-compressed image directly, e.g., # vnconfig vnd0 KNOPPIX.iso # mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/vnd0d /mnt # vnconfig -z vnd1 /mnt/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX # mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/vnd1d /mnt2 # ls /mnt2 .rr_moved cdrom floppy lib opt sbin usr bin dev home mnt proc sys var boot etc initrd none root tmp vmlinuz # df /mnt /mnt2 Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on /dev/vnd0a 692M 692M 0B 100% /mnt /dev/vnd1a 1.9G 1.9G 0B 100% /mnt2 # umount /mnt2 # vnconfig -u vnd1 # umount /mnt # vnconfig -u vnd0 Note how the 1.9GB big filesystem on /mnt2 is mounted from the compressed file stored on the 692MB CD mounted on /mnt. To create a com- pressed file system image of an existing directory and mount it, run: # makefs -t ffs include.fs /usr/include # vndcompress include.fs include.fs.cloop2 # vnconfig -z vnd0 include.fs.cloop2 # mount -o ro /dev/vnd0a /mnt # ls /mnt To undo the steps, run: # umount /mnt # vnconfig -u vnd0 # rm /tmp/include.fs.cloop2 # rm /tmp/include.fs SEE ALSO
gzip(1), vnd(4), mount(8), mount_cd9660(8), vnconfig(8) AUTHORS
The vndcompress utility was written by Florian Stoehr <netbsd@wolfnode.de>. The vndcompress manual page was written by Florian Stoehr <netbsd@wolfnode.de> and Hubert Feyrer <hubertf@NetBSD.org>. BSD
December 12, 2005 BSD