Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP-UX system information
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX system information Post 302147997 by Perderabo on Thursday 29th of November 2007 11:12:19 AM
Old 11-29-2007
Search the HP-UX forum for ioscan, cstm, and pstat. These are the basic tools. As you read the threads you will find other tools mentioned as well.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help me find out system information

I'm just getting started with unix and would like to know 1) how to tell how big the harddrive is 2) how to tell if there are multiple harddrive installed on the machine 3) a relitavely easy way to tell what programs are installed on the machine. I'm using Sun OS 5.6 Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ViperD
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX System information

Hi All, I am new to Unix and am working on AIX ( rs6000 ). I am looking for the system info of the unix box like 1. Number of CPUs 2. CPU speed 3. RAM size Your help is much appreciated Thanks rao. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rao
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

System Information

How do I get the system information on a HP UNIX server. details like CPU speed, number of processors etc. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olamide
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

system general information

hi I am new to this forum. hope to get help from u all. how can i write these by using shell programming? 1. The name of the machine and the date/time at which the report was produced. 2. Licensing information such as the operating system revision level and license restrictions in terms of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokia1100
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

System Information Variable Help

Hey, I am after the commands to get the following information for my Unix system: default visual editor (i dont even know where to start with this one) default window manager (this one either, no idea) total quota (just the size, none of the other data. I've narrowed it down to quota -sv)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bonjour
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to get the AIX system information?

Hi, How to get the AIX system hardware and software basic information using terminal command with guest login? Here below i have specified some of the information i need. Please have a look at this and guide me. OS Name: OS Version : OS Manufacturer: OS Configuration: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumguest
4 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

How to get the Linux system information?

Hi, How to get the Linux system hardware and software basic information using terminal command ? Here below i have specified some of the information i need. Please have a look at this and guide me. OS Name: OS Version : OS Manufacturer: OS Configuration: OS Build Type:... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

8. Solaris

How to get the Solaris system information?

Hi, How to get the Solaris system hardware and software basic information using terminal command with guest login? Here below i have specified some of the information i need. Please have a look at this and guide me. OS Name: OS Version : OS Manufacturer: OS Configuration: ... (15 Replies)
15 Replies

9. BSD

How to get the FreeBsd system information?

Hi, How to get the FreeBsd system hardware and software basic information using terminal command with guest login? Here below i have specified some of the information i need. Please have a look at this and guide me. OS Name: OS Version : OS Manufacturer: OS... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. AIX

AIX System Information

Hi all, I have googled around quite a bit and tried many different commands to get system information about my AIX 5.3 box but none of the commands I've used have given me quite what I'm looking for. I am interested in finding out the model of the motherboard, and amount of available RAM, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThePistonDoctor
2 Replies
STM(1M) 																   STM(1M)

NAME
stm, xstm, mstm, cstm - Support Tools Manager SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/stm [-x|-m|-c] [-f command_file] /usr/sbin/xstm [-f command_file] /usr/sbin/mstm [-f command_file] /usr/sbin/cstm [-f command_file] DESCRIPTION
The Support Tools Manager (STM) provides three interfaces that allow a user access to an underlying toolset, consisting of information mod- ules, firmware update tools, verifiers, diagnostics, exercisers, expert tools, and utilities: XSTM - the graphical interface (for X11-based graphics terminals) MSTM - the menu-based interface (for non-X11-based, non-graphics terminals) CSTM - the command line interface (for running scripts) Which interface you choose will depend upon your needs, preferences, and resources as a user. If STM is run and [-x|-m|-c] is not specified, then: If the "DISPLAY" environment variable is set, XSTM is run. If the "DISPLAY" environment variable is not set, MSTM is run. Application Usage This tool will be deprecated on new server models. Please use System Management Homepage (see hpsmh(1M)). OPTIONS
-x The XSTM program is the X-Windows interface for the Support Tools Manager (STM). It allows you to access and run various support tools (information modules, firmware update tools, verifiers, diagnostics, exercisers, and utilities, depending upon your level of licensing privilege) on one or more PA-RISC machines. You can run XSTM on one machine, and use it to run support tools on one or more remote machines (Units Under Test, or UUTs). Alterna- tively, you can run XSTM on one machine, and use it to run support tools on the same machine (i.e., the machine running XSTM and the UUT are one and the same). The basic principle of XSTM usage is that you see a display of the legacy devices configured on the UUT (the legacy system map, or legacy device map) when you first run the interface. Alternatively, display of the agile devices configured on the UUT (the agile system map, or agile device map) can be seen by selecting the "View Agile Map" option in the "System" menu. For information about legacy devices and agile devices see intro(7) manpage. By clicking on one or more icons representing the device(s) you want to test, or whose logs you want to view, and using the appropriate pulldown and popup menus, you can test your system to see if it is functioning properly. Any problems with your system will be reflected by color changes to the icons in the device map (e.g., red for "Failure"), in its legacy view or agile view or both the views (if a device is represented in both the views, the color change will be reflected in both of them). By viewing the corresponding log (e.g. the Failure Log), you can then determine the appropriate corrective action to take. Use the Help pulldown menu to access the online help system. -m The MSTM program is the menu interface for the Support Tools Manager (STM). It provides the same functionality as XSTM described above. The device map is a list of devices on the Unit Under Test (UUT). You select devices by moving the cursor with the up and down arrow keys to the line entry for the desired device(s). You issue commands by means of function keys. Any problems with your system will be reflected by changes in the "Last Op Status" column of the device map. By viewing the corresponding log (e.g. the Failure Log), you can then determine the appropriate corrective action to take. Press the help function key to access the online help system. -c The CSTM program is the command line interface for the Support Tools Manager (STM). It provides the same functionality as XSTM described above. Entering the command "map" displays a list of legacy devices (the legacy device map) on the Unit Under Test (UUT). Entering the command "amap" displays a list of agile devices (the aglie device map) on the Unit Under Test (UUT). You select devices by entering the hardware path or device number for the desired device(s); use the command "select path" or "select device". Any problems with your system will be reflected by error, warning, or caution messages displayed by the system. By viewing the corresponding log (e.g. the Failure Log), you can then determine the appropriate corrective action to take. Entering the command "help" displays a summary of the cstm commands; the command "help all" gives you full access to the online help system. -f command_file The "-f" option allows the user to specify a CSTM command file to run prior to bringing up the selected User Interface. Multiple "-f com- mand_file" options can be provided and the command files will be processed from left to right. HELP
Topics available are: On Item has context-sensitive information on specific help topics (XSTM only). On Tasks has cookbook procedures for performing common system tasks using STM. On Application has general information about the Support Tool Manager. On Help has information about the HPHelp product. On Version displays a banner with copyright, version, and legal information about STM. OTHER FILES
/usr/sbin/stm/ui/config/.stmrc - stm startup script. /usr/sbin/stm/ui/config/saveconfig.cmd - stm config save command file. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY If you are using X Windows, you must be set to the desired X Windows display ID (e.g., local:0.0). COPYRIGHT
(c) Copyright 1995-6, Hewlett-Packard Company ORIGIN
STM was developed by Hewlett-Packard Company. SEE ALSO
intro(7), diagmond(1M) STM(1M)