Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to edit cron jobs
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to edit cron jobs Post 302147691 by lowbyte on Wednesday 28th of November 2007 04:13:50 AM
Old 11-28-2007
Hi,

export your favorite editor, ex. EDITOR=vi; export EDITOR
then edit crontab with crontab -e

CU
lowbyte

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON Jobs

Hi, I am a total newbie to all things Unix. I've worked out I need to set up something that will allow me to automatically backup a DB for me, the DB is for a foum system I run. Now, I've only found out I need to use telnet for this, and worked out hwo to log into telnet today. From here... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eludlow
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron jobs

hi folks, I need an explanation on cron jobs with an example (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysabari
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron Jobs

Where can someone find info on Cron Jobs? Very new to UNIX and the PC I inherited looks to have several of them. Looks like they are some kind of background program that runs automatically at specified times. Would like to delete some of them and know more about them. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dereckbc
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron jobs

I need to monitor my cron jobs with another unix machine since occasionally the cron will go down on the main server but there are no errors. Can anyone help with a script to write to use the cron on the back up machine to monitor the main server? I am using SCO and the cron jobs have been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmarral
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Cron jobs

i am new for cronjobs can someone please tell me what logic is behind these RED Numbers and stars below? --> crontab -l 00 1 * * * /home/scripts/TarprodContent > /tmp/MprodBkup.log 2>&1 00 1 * * * /home/scripts/TarTprodContent > /tmp/TprodBkup.log 2>&1 00 1 * * *... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajadaun
5 Replies

6. Linux

cron jobs

I created a php script. I'd like to have it run as a cron job every day at 10:30am. So i added 30 10 * * * /script.php to the cron file Is it possible to run the script on the command line to test it out ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dannyd
1 Replies

7. Solaris

cron jobs

how to Put a cron entry which should be same script triggered on every Saturday and 1st of every month at 01.00 GMT. 0 2 1 * 6 --( At 2.00 GMT every sat & on 1st of every month) the above syntax is correct? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kurva
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron jobs

Hi, We have a group of hosts using which the cron jobs are submitted... Few days ago i had submitted a cron job in of these hosts, but unfortunately forgot the host name :( Can anyone please help me out in finding this host name from which the cron s submitting the job, i dont want the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavanisree
2 Replies

9. Linux

Cron jobs

Hi, I am a Linux administrator (newbie) in my company. The distro being used in the servers here is Centos 5.3 Just need to know, as a Linux administrator is it better for me to use /etc/crontab to set my cron jobs. I do not want to use the crontab -e to schedule my cron jobs. That means... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Cron jobs and at jobs

There are two jobs in Solaris , Cron and at jobs.. I know how to disable or enable cron jobs. How can I enable at jobs and disable it. Kindly help. Rj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies
atq(1)							      General Commands Manual							    atq(1)

NAME
atq - Prints the queue of jobs waiting to be run SYNOPSIS
atq [-c | -n] [-q queuename] [user...] The atq command prints the queue of jobs waiting to be run at a later date. These jobs were created with the at command. OPTIONS
Sorts the queue by the time that the at command was issued. Prints only the number of files currently in the queue. Specifies the queue you want to use. DESCRIPTION
With no options, the queue is sorted in the order that the jobs are to be executed. When a privileged user invokes the atq command without specifying a username, the entire queue is displayed; if a username is specified, only those jobs belonging to the specified user are displayed. EXAMPLES
In order to look at the queue created by the at command, enter: atq If there are jobs in the queue, a message similar to the following is displayed: root.62169200.a Tue Sep 12 11:00:00 1990 The extension specifies an at job. FILES
Main cron directory. List of allowed users. List of denied users. Spool area. Queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
Commands: at(1), atrm(1), cron(8) Files: queuedefs(4) atq(1)