Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris make[2]: warning: Clock skew detected. Your build may be incomplete. Post 302147649 by murad.jaber on Wednesday 28th of November 2007 01:33:02 AM
Old 11-28-2007
make[2]: warning: Clock skew detected. Your build may be incomplete.

dear all

when i compile any file under solaris it gives the below warning how can i disable it

-bash-3.00$ make GNLPFT177
make: Warning: File `GNLPFT177.rc' has modification time 36 s in the future
make GNLPFT177.c
make[1]: Entering directory `/devapp/jordev/batch/source'
make[1]: Warning: File `GNLPFT177.rc' has modification time 36 s in the future
/usr/local/mss/bin/sqc GNLPFT177.rc
sqc GNLPFT177.rc: Compile complete.
make[1]: warning: Clock skew detected. Your build may be incomplete.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/devapp/jordev/batch/source'
make GNLPFT177.o
make[1]: Warning: File `GNLPFT177.c' has modification time 61 s in the future
gcc -g -DPRIMARY_REPORT -m64 -I/usr/local/mss/include -I../include -I../insert -c GNLPFT177.c
make GNLPFT177
make[1]: Warning: File `GNLPFT177.o' has modification time 61 s in the future
make[2]: Entering directory `/devapp/jordev/batch/source'
make[2]: Warning: File `GNLPFT177.o' has modification time 60 s in the future
gcc -m64 -o GNLPFT177 GNLPFT177.o -L../lib -lmodule -llinc_curs -L/usr/local/mss/lib -lreport -lmcs -L/oracle/product/10.2.0/client//lib/ -ln10 -lnl10 -lnls10 -lcore10 -lclntsh -lnbeq10 -lnhost10 -lnus10 -lnldap10 -lldapclnt10 -lnsslb10 -lntcp10 -lntcps10 -lnsslb10 -lntcp10 -lntns10 -lkstat -lnsl -lsocket -lgen -ldl -lsched -R/oracle/product/10.2.0/client//lib -laio -lposix4 -lm -lthread

make[2]: warning: Clock skew detected. Your build may be incomplete.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/devapp/jordev/batch/source'

make: warning: Clock skew detected. Your build may be incomplete.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make: WARNING- Product is not licensed.

I do beg for my bad english ofr advance (french..) I've a problem with unix sco openserver 5 enterprise system I can't do any make at all! when i do it, i've this message : make: WARNING- Product is not licensed. however, i've entered the license number, code and data information... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joedelabush
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i make Build.

I have just build a softpaq for our softqare release. Now i am giving tar file of softpaq to customer. It need to extract and then need to run script file inside it. I want to build this way that when user extract script file in this should automatically starts/excutes... Can anyone suggest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayyadavmca
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Build Error: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

I'm getting the following Error: prepare_pcap.c: In function `prepare_pkts': prepare_pcap.c:127: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type prepare_pcap.c:138: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type ==================================== This is the part of the relevant... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: katwala
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

build - make -gmake: execvp: mcu: Permission denied

Hi All, sorry it was application related.. i am deleting it Thanks & Regards Shihab (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

incomplete last line

How do I find through script if a contains "incomplete last line". If it does then only insert a new line character as:: echo "" >> filename.txt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PRKS
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MAKE-like build that deletes orphans?

I have a complex multi-stage (media conversion and formatting) build process that leaves orphan target files needing deleting automatically (i.e. by reference only to the build rules themselves, not any parallel config) upon each regular build. Since MAKE cannot do this, what can? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjj
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command giving incomplete sentence warning

Hi , I am adding a line in my shell scripts to delete all the old directory with the below command. On running this command it is coming out with the message find: incomplete statement find /ersdg3/ERS/ERS_INPUT_LOGS/RIO/rio_archive -type d -mtime +47 -exec rm -rf {} What is wrong or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding SDK Build on Kernel Source Build

Hi, So I downloaded this kernel source and was able to build it successfully. But I want to add this SDK source code inside, can anyone help me how to do this? Note that the SDK source can be built by itself. I added the SDK in the main Makefile: init-y := init/ #added SDK... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Build.xml invocation by Build Script

Hi I have a build.xml file and I can run it on Windows via cmd. Now I want to write a script to invoke the same. Is there a way to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankur328
1 Replies

10. Programming

A make-like build utility based on Lua

xmake is a make-like build utility based on lua. (Link to project site: xmake) The project focuses on making development and building easier and provides many features (.e.g package, install, plugin, macro, action, option, task ...), so that any developer can quickly pick it up and enjoy the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waruqi
1 Replies
CHEATMAKE(1)							  [FIXME: manual]						      CHEATMAKE(1)

NAME
cheatmake - fool make into not rebuilding certain files SYNOPSIS
cheatmake [hidechangefile] [show] [whyfile] DESCRIPTION
cheatmake is used to save time when recompiling. It can fool make into skipping files that haven't changed in a meaningful way. This can be used for instance when you change a comment in a file but none of the actual code. This utility is part of the KDE Software Development Kit. OPTIONS
hidechange file Hides the fact that file was changed by setting the timestamp into the past. Use with care! show Lists what files make currently needs to rebuild why file Explains why make must rebuild file ENVIRONMENT
One of the following variables (but not both) should be set if the source directory is different from the build directory. If the build directory is simply a subdirectory of the source directory, the simpler variable OBJ_SUBDIR should be used. OBJ_SUBJDIR Indicates that the build directory is in the given subdirectory of the source directory. For instance, if the source directory is kdesdk and the build directory is kdesdk/obj-i386-linux, then OBJ_SUBDIR should be set to obj-i386-linux. OBJ_REPLACEMENT A sed expression that is used to transform the source directory into the build directory. For instance, if the source directory is kdesdk/obj-i386-linux, then OBJ_REPLACEMENT should be set to s#kdesdk#kdesdk-obj#. SEE ALSO
make(1) AUTHORS
cheatmake was written by David Faure<faure@kde.org>. This manual page was prepared by Ben Burton<bab@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux(R) system (but may be used by others). [FIXME: source] March 8, 2003 CHEATMAKE(1)