Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX What is lvmkd and why does it slow my system down? Post 302147580 by Perderabo on Tuesday 27th of November 2007 06:16:39 PM
Old 11-27-2007
lvmkd is the logical volume manager kernel daemon and I would not try to kill it, but I doubt that a kill would succeed. If your disks were mirrored, why did you use dd? The logical volume should have been intact by using the other side of the mirror. When you replaced the disk, lvm had to sync it if it was mirrored and this syncing operation is proabably was is causing your load. One other thing to try is to check for OS patches to LVM. But this does sound like a resync. I think it's lvdisplay that will show you the status of a resync.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Slow

The site has gone slow for quite some time... Can you do somethin abt it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Slow System

Hi, I have an SCO-Unix server running. There are some processes (unknown to me) which consume a lot of the system resources. This slows down the server dramatically. Is there a command or program that monitors what processes are using the cpu, disk, etc.. and tell me how excessive and how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hansaplast
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

postgresql issues - system running really slow

Hi All, I'm new here. i was wondering if anyone could shed a light on the problem i am having. I use a system for distributing broadband amongst users of for example a hotel, the system was designed by someone in the US and it is based on redhat 2.4 (i know its old) and the system uses... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clive306
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 v245 Busy/Slow System

Hello All, I have noticed that one of my servers, the busiest has become increasingly slow to respond and execute commands, the running applications appear to be fine though. Here is some output from vmstat :- kthr memory page disk faults cpu r b... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wez
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

slow performing system

Friends Greetings. I have a RedHat 5.7 64bit virtual server on VMware ESXi 4.1. This server and other Redhat Servers are running very slow. I did some stats collection on ESXi and looks like Linux is holding the disk IO. I am not sure what is causing this behavior. On Linux I checked the CPU... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdewal
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

GFS file system performance is very slow

My code Hi All, I am having redhat linux 5.3 (Tikanga) with GFS file system and its very very slow for executing ls -ls command also.Please see the below for 2minits 12 second takes. Please help me to fix the issue. $ sudo time ls -la BadFiles |wc -l 0.01user 0.26system... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: susindram
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Slow UNIX system this morning

Hi, what would be the first things to check on a system that normally works fine, and is not so fine this morning ? Its accessing menus and various other screens 100x slower than normal. Version: UnixWare 5 7.1.3 i386 SCO UNIX_SVR5 I have tried this pf -ef|grep paulc and found a huge list of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick_Dundee
6 Replies

8. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies
MLXCTL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 MLXCTL(8)

NAME
mlxctl -- Mylex DAC960 family management utility SYNOPSIS
mlxctl [-f dev] [-v] [-a] status [drive] [...] mlxctl [-f dev] [-a] detach [drive] [...] mlxctl [-f dev] [-a] check [drive] [...] mlxctl [-f dev] rebuild channel:target mlxctl [-f dev] cstatus mlxctl [-f dev] rescan mlxctl [-f dev] config DESCRIPTION
The mlxctl utility performs status monitoring and management functions for Mylex DAC960 RAID controllers and attached devices. The following options are available: -a Apply the action to all drives attached to the controller. -f dev Specify the control device to use. The default is /dev/mlx0. -v Increased verbosity. The following commands are available: cstatus Display the controller's current status. status Display the status of the specified drives. This command returns 0 if all drives tested are online, 1 if one or more drives are critical and 2 if one or more are offline. rescan Re-scan the logical drive table, and attach or detach devices from the system as necessary. detach Detach the specified drives. Drives must be unmounted and unopened for this command to succeed. check Initiate a consistency check and repair pass on a drive that provides redundancy (e.g., RAID1 or RAID5). This command returns imme- diately. The status command can be used to monitor the progress of the check. rebuild Rebuild onto the specified physical drive. Note that there can be only one running rebuild operation per controller at any given time. This command returns immediately. The cstatus command can be used to monitor the progress of the rebuild. config Write the current system drive configuration to stdout. EXAMPLES
Display the status of drive ld3 attached to the controller mlx1: mlxctl -f /dev/mlx1 -v status ld3 SEE ALSO
ld(4), mlx(4) HISTORY
The mlxctl command first appeared in NetBSD 1.5.3, and was based on the mlxcontrol utility found in FreeBSD. BUGS
Modifying drive configuration is not yet supported. Some commands do not work with older firmware revisions. Error log extraction is not yet supported. BSD
April 10, 2000 BSD