Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to run xclock
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to run xclock Post 302146278 by Smiling Dragon on Monday 19th of November 2007 11:07:58 PM
Old 11-20-2007
Start without the X port forward via ssh and get it working locally first.
If the X server isn't responding properly, trying to route it via ssh isn't likely to help Smilie

As the user that is running the x-server, see what the output to the xdpyinfo command is. That will tell you if you have an issue with the x-server itself or an auth problem.

Edit: hang on, are you running this locally or trying to run it over the network? Where is the X-server (the display) running?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

run xclock from local solaris to remote solaris

Hello - I am trying to connect to a remote solaris box from a solaris box i have locally present with me using 'ssh login@IP' ... Its connecting fine but... when I run xclock - it says 'Can't open display' Whereas, IF I connect to same remote solaris IP from my windows desktop locally via putty... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to run a script

thi is (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: angelina
10 Replies

3. AIX

user unable to run at job

Aix version is 5.2. users are not able to run only at jobs. users are listed in at.allow file. Getting following Errors: at -l at: 0481-108 You are not authorized to use the at command. atq 0481-067 Cannot change to the /var/spool/cron/atjobs directory. at 24:10:00 pwd at:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpsunadm
5 Replies

4. AIX

unable to run at job

Hi All, I m not able to run at job with normal user on AIX system os version is 5300-05-06. I am able to run at job only with root user. When I try to run at job with any other user I am getting error: at: you are not authorized to use at. Sorry. I checked at.deny file, it is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkatkade
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Unable to run some commands in HP-UX

Hi All, I want to get %cpu and %memory utilization for a given process id in HP-UX so am using the following commands 1)TOP -p <PID> am getting error message like Quitting top: pset 26323 doesn't exist,but when am using only TOP command without any options its working fine. 2)ps -e -o pcpu... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramya_Nm
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to run application using ssh

I'm testing a C++ based application (HLR) in my solaris system. Whenever i start the application remotely from some other solaris server using ssh command the application throws an error and goes down. command i used: ssh root@192.168.151.77 "./start_hlr.sh" Below is the error observed : ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to run function

Hi, I have a separate file with a ksh function in it. When I try to run it, I get an error about permissions: user@~/scripts/functions$ ksh f_fill_testfunc ksh: f_fill_testfunc: cannot open user@~/scripts/functions$ ls -l batch_functions/f_fill_testfunc -rwxr-xr-x 1 user user 1105 Aug... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to run command after ssh

Hello, I am trying to create a ksh script to login to server and collect gather output of some command to troubleshoot some issue. DATE=`date +%b.%d.%Y.%M.%H` echo " Enter emp id to login to server" read Eid Eid=$Eid echo " Enter hostname of the system" read HOST HOST=$HOST... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
2 Replies

9. Programming

Unable to run java in redhat os

I am unable to run java from jdk. it says "cannot execute binary file" I downloaded the jdk again freshly but the problem still persists. All files have execution permission. Both OS and JDK are 64bit. Please help me out. $ pwd /home/XXXXX/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/jdk1.5.0_14/bin $... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetsriharsha
2 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Unable to show xclock in UNIX for windows

i had tried to run the xclock after i login into my HP UX machine using the C shell in the Services for Unix (Windows) but the xclock does not pop up. Do anyone has the same issue? Do i need to install some X windows package as well? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lchunleo
1 Replies
asadmin-list-instances(1AS)					   User Commands				       asadmin-list-instances(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-instances, list-instances - lists all the instances in the server SYNOPSIS
list-instances [--user admin_user] [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--domain domain_name] [--local=false] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s] Use the list-instances to list all the instance in the server. The list-instances command can be run both locally and remotely. To list remote instances, the named administration server must be running on the hostname and port number specified. The user authenticates using the password identified for the administration server. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instanace. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port port number associated with the administrative host. --domain name of the domain. --local determines if the command should delegate the request to administrative instance or run locally. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. Example 1: Using list-instances in local mode asadmin> list-instances --domain1 --local admin-server running server1 running Where: the server1 and admin-server instances for the domain1 domain is listed. Example 2: Using list-instances in remote mode asadmin> list-instances --user admin --passwordfile passwords.txt --host localhost --port 4848 server1 [mayank:80] running Where: the server1 instance associated with the specified user, passwords, host, and port number specified is listed for the remote machine. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Server Instance page asadmin-show-instance-status(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-instances(1AS)