Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications vi or vim replace ,$ (eol) with just a comma Post 302145552 by prowla on Wednesday 14th of November 2007 03:30:46 PM
Old 11-14-2007
If you want to collapse every three lines into one, you could try:
cat myfile | paste - - -
This User Gave Thanks to prowla For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace , (comma) with space

Hi, what is the better way to replace the , (comma) with a space char? Example:STRING=dir1,dir2,dir3 toSTRING=dir1 dir2 dir3 And.. how to find if in the string there is a comma? Thanks :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbarberis
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace comma(,) with Tab

hi all, i have a file with commas(,). i want to replace all the commas with tab(\t). Plz help...its urgent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas_kesarwani
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma with newline

Hi, for some reason I cant seem to figure this out. I have a file which looks something like this word word word word word,word,word word word word,word,word,word,word word word Basically I want this whole thing to be a list with 1 word on each line like this... word word word... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eltinator
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VIM: replace a character in the middle of line

exmaple, i need to replace the number "5" from all lines below with "X"? What is the useful vim command that i can apply for.. ddpadsgg506xghssuyj ddpadsgag546xghssuys ddsadsgaag596xghssuy_te ddsadsgag506xghssuy_pe ddsadsgagc526xghssuys ddsads506ighssuys ddsadsgag506pghssuyk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 793589
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace the | with Comma

Hi, The input file structure is given below: The Col1 and Col2 will be there always. But from Col3 there can be more columns. And Col3 will be always Col4 and Col5 will always be with Col6. I need to replace the | with comma. There are scnearios where there wont be no data.Below, the row 2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharathappriyan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace newline with comma.

I have output from a file like this: 15,01,11,14:06 235 I would like to change this to: 15,01,11,14:06,235 Removing newline and change to "," I now this can be done with tr cat OUT | tr '\n' ','' My problem is that tr is not implemented in this shell. sed is, show it should be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Regexp replace in vim/sed

Hi! I have a file with multiple lines following this format: <a href="xxx.aaa_bbb_ccc.yyy">xxx.aaa_bbb_ccc.yyy</a> The goal is to replace the title (not modifying the href) so the new lines looks like this: <a href="xxx.aaa_bbb_ccc.yyy">Aaa bbb ccc</a> The number of underscores in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericjohansson
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to replace two or more spaces with one comma?

I'm using sh on hp-ux. I've got a file that looks like this. -5.65 175 -16.17 160 -13.57 270 -51.72 260 -8.30 360 -42.71 460 -.38 375 -.20 375 -4.15 170 -21.53 560 -18.84 360 I'd like to replace all the whitespace between the columns with one comma. I can't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma and blank with comma and number

I, I have a file and i need to replace comma and blank space with comma and 0. cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c, d, e,4 I need the output as cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c,0 d,0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace spaces with underscores up to first comma but not after the comma

I have a comma delimited file of major codes and descriptions. I want to replace all occurrences of spaces with underscores up to the first comma (only in the first field), but not replace spaces following the comma. For instance I have the following snippet of the file: EK ED,Elementary and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdouty
7 Replies
QwtScaleArithmetic(3)						 Qwt User's Guide					     QwtScaleArithmetic(3)

NAME
QwtScaleArithmetic - Arithmetic including a tolerance. SYNOPSIS
#include <qwt_scale_engine.h> Static Public Member Functions static double ceil125 (double x) static double ceilEps (double value, double intervalSize) static int compareEps (double value1, double value2, double intervalSize) static double divideEps (double interval, double steps) static double floor125 (double x) static double floorEps (double value, double intervalSize) Detailed Description Arithmetic including a tolerance. Member Function Documentation double QwtScaleArithmetic::ceil125 (doublex) [static] Find the smallest value out of {1,2,5}*10^n with an integer number n which is greater than or equal to x Parameters: x Input value double QwtScaleArithmetic::ceilEps (doublevalue, doubleintervalSize) [static] Ceil a value, relative to an interval Parameters: value Value to ceil intervalSize Interval size See also: floorEps() int QwtScaleArithmetic::compareEps (doublevalue1, doublevalue2, doubleintervalSize) [static] Compare 2 values, relative to an interval. Values are 'equal', when : $ Parameters: value1 First value to compare value2 Second value to compare intervalSize interval size Returns: 0: if equal, -1: if value2 > value1, 1: if value1 > value2 double QwtScaleArithmetic::divideEps (doubleintervalSize, doublenumSteps) [static] Divide an interval into steps. $stepSize = (intervalSize - intervalSize * 10e^{-6}) / numSteps$.PP Parameters: intervalSize Interval size numSteps Number of steps Returns: Step size double QwtScaleArithmetic::floor125 (doublex) [static] Find the largest value out of {1,2,5}*10^n with an integer number n which is smaller than or equal to x. Parameters: x Input value double QwtScaleArithmetic::floorEps (doublevalue, doubleintervalSize) [static] Floor a value, relative to an interval Parameters: value Value to floor intervalSize Interval size See also: floorEps() Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for Qwt User's Guide from the source code. Version 5.2.2 Mon Aug 1 2011 QwtScaleArithmetic(3)