Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Hard disk usage is 100 Percent Busy for any command Post 302145190 by npcrao on Tuesday 13th of November 2007 05:55:03 AM
Old 11-13-2007
Data Hard disk usage is 100 Percent Busy for any command

hi,

AIX 5.3

For any command(say tar command) I am getting 100% busy for my hdisk.

But my CPU and Memory is not busy and have more idle also.

Please advice for any performance analysing.

Thanks in Advance,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disk usage command on unix?

hi, Can anyone tell me how I make a tree on the console showing the largest folders on my UNIX system? I want to know where are located the biggest files so I can free some disk space. thanks a lot. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandoura
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can i get hard disk usage

I want to get hard disk usage hard disk usage= already allocated/total allocated first I use ioscan -kfnC disk get disk name c#t#d# then I use diskinfo /dev/rdsk/c#t#d# but this command can only get total disk size,not disk usage has any command can get that thanks:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Command to List Hard Disk Information

I have a SparcStation5 that is making sounds that make me think the disk drive(s) may be on the verge of quiting. What is the command to list the disk types and sizes? I'm thinking I can possibly pick up another drive or two and compy the exisiting drives while they are still working. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muletrainman
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix - Disk usage command

Hi, I need a command that gives me the user who is using more space in the unix box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abinaya
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Total cpu usage in percent(%)

How to determine the total percentage cpu usage of a server having 4 cpu cores(quad core)? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

6. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies

7. Linux

How to Calculate Disk Queue length and Disk Busy Time

Hi, Am doing an enhancements related to monitoring a Linux disk I/O statistics. The /proc/diskstats file is used to get the each disk I/O statistics. But, It returns the raw value. How to calculate the Disk Queue Length and Disk Busy time from the raw values. Guide me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maruthu
1 Replies

8. AIX

Command to check the busy % for a hard disk device like hdisk5

Please help with command to check the busy % for a hard disk device like hdisk5 Best regards, Vishal (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory usage per user,percent usage,sytem time in ksh

Let's say i have 20 users logged on Server. How can I know how much memory percent used each of them is using with system time in each user? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Generic command for disk space usage

Given this directory /web I need to get the current usage (in %) on Linux and Unix both using the same command on bash shell ? The command i tried was working on Unix (solaris) but does not filter the desired same value when run of Linux. My command df -h /web | awk '{print $5}' | sed -n... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
pm_busy_component(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				     pm_busy_component(9F)

NAME
pm_busy_component, pm_idle_component - Control device component availability for Power Management SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int pm_busy_component(dev_info_t *dip, int component); int pm_idle_component(dev_info_t *dip, int component); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI) PARAMETERS
pm_busy_component() dip Pointer to the device's dev_info structure. component The number of the component to be power-managed. pm_idle_component() dip Pointer to the device's dev_info structure. component The number of the component to be power-managed. DESCRIPTION
The pm_busy_component() function sets component of dip to be busy. Calls to pm_busy_component() are stacked, requiring a corresponding num- ber of calls to pm_idle_component() to make the component idle again. When a device is busy it will not be power-managed by the system. The pm_idle_component() function marks component idle, recording the time that component went idle. This function must be called once for each call to pm_busy_component(). A component which is idle is available to be power-managed by the system. The pm_idle_component() func- tion has no effect if the component is already idle, except to update the system's notion of when the device went idle. Note - If these functions are called as a result of entry into the driver's attach(9E), detach(9E) or power(9E) entry point, these func- tions must be called from the same thread which entered attach(9E), detach(9E) or power(9E). RETURN VALUES
The pm_busy_component() and pm_idle_component() functions return: DDI_SUCCESS Successfully set the indicated component busy or idle. DDI_FAILURE Invalid component number component or the device has no components. CONTEXT
These functions can be called from user or kernel context. These functions may also be called from interrupt context, providing they are not the first Power Management function called by the driver. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
power.conf(4), pm(7D), attach(9E), detach(9E), power(9E), pm_raise_power(9F), pm(9P), pm-components(9P) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 21 July 2004 pm_busy_component(9F)