Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to reactivate user with command(no SAM) Post 302144710 by arm_naja on Friday 9th of November 2007 10:19:25 AM
Old 11-09-2007
Very thanks Perderabo,

I use "/usr/lbin/modprpw -k user" for enable user OK.

and sorry for slow reply ^_^
aRm_nAja

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

help on sam

hi, any idea how to get more info on the usage, unix equivalent of sam in hp-ux? thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to reactivate expired account in Linux as a root user

I am an administrator of a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system. Now one account expired. I wonder how to reactivate the account. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Where are SAM user templates stored?

Hey, new here, so be nice! I'm trying to write a little script to automate the user creation process on one of our boxes. But I would like to be able to use the templates that we have set up in SAM. Is the information in these templates stored in a file somewhere, that I can reference in my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

Adding user to a group without SAM

How can I add a user to a specific group without using SAM? I know I can user modprpw -G, but that will overwrite any groups the user is in with the ones I specify. I need to assume that I do not know what groups the user is already in, so I can't put them in the modprpw command. I just need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Getting command (command line) from SAM?

Hi I hope this is easy and sorry if I am using the wrong HP terms. I am looking for a way to glean the command line information from a process I run in SAM? In AIX I can just select any options I want for particular process and hit F6 and the command line is shown on the screen for use in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KmJohnson
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

root user command in shell script execute as normal user

Hi All I have written one shell script for GPRS route add is given below named GPRSRouteSet.sh URL="www.google.com" VBURL="10.5.2.211" echo "Setting route for $URL for GPRS" URL_Address=`nslookup $URL|grep Address:|grep -v "#"|awk -F " " '{print $2}'|head -1` echo "Executing ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
3 Replies

7. Linux

Reactivate an account

Hello, I had this issue today. One of my co-workers accounts was looked due to inactivity. The passwd -u command didn't work. So I did what I posted below. I don't think this the proper way to do this. What is the right to reactivate an account in Linux? After I changed the inactivity to never he... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Display SAM user list at the command line

Hello, I've been doing Linux and AIX administration for years, but I'm very new to HPUX. We have an old audit process which involves someone manually using sam to generate user lists. I'd like to kill that old process with fire... But... After working a bit in the morning to try and pull... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Celt1977
3 Replies
modprpw(1M)															       modprpw(1M)

NAME
modprpw - modify protected password database SYNOPSIS
username value,... ] username DESCRIPTION
updates the user's protected password database settings. This command is available only to the superuser in a trusted system. Usage other than via SAM, and/or modifications out of sync with may result in serious database corruption and the inability to access the system. All updated values may be verified using the command. See getprpw(1M). uses the configuration file default if is not specified. See nsswitch.conf(4). Options sets user's parameters as defined by the options specified. At least one option is required. If a field is not specified in the option then its value remains unchanged in the database. recognizes the following options: To add a new user entry and to return a random password which the new user must use to login the first time. This entry has to be created with the given username and the Error is returned if the user already exists. May be combined with the option. Unlike the command, it does not create nor populate the home directory, and it does not update This option is specified WITHOUT a user name to expire all user's passwords. It goes through the protected password database and zeroes the successful change time of all users. The result is all users will need to enter a new password at their next login. May be combined with the option. This option is specified with a user name to expire the specified user's password. It zeroes the successful change time. May be combined with the and/or options. To unlock/enable a user's account that has become disabled, except when the lock is due to a missing password or * password. May be combined with the and/or options. This option modifies data for a local user, username. This option must be specified with other options. Modify the database field to the specified value and/or resets locks. Valid with one of the following options: or A list of database fields may be used with comma as a delimiter. An "invalid-opt" is printed, and processing terminates, if a list of database fields passed to contains an invalid database field. Boolean values are specified as YES, NO, or DFT for system default values Numeric values are specified as positive numbers, 0, or -1. If the -1 is specified, the numeric value in the database is removed, allowing the system default value to be used. Time values are specified in days, although the database keeps them in seconds. No aging is present if the following 4 database parameters are all zero: Unless specified by all database fields can be set. They are listed below in the order shown in The database fields are fully explained in prpwd(4). DATABASE FIELD database database Set the uid of the user. No sanity checking is done on this value. database database database Set boot authorization privilege, removes it from the user file. database Set audit id. Automatically limited not to exceed the next available id. database Set audit flag. database Set the minimum time interval between password changes (days). 0 = none. Same as non-trusted mode minimum time. database Set the maximum password length for system generated passwords. database Set password expiration time interval (days). 0 = not expired. Same as non-trusted mode maximum time. database Set password life time interval (days). 0 = infinite. database Modified by options maybe database database Set account expiration time interval (days). This interval is added to "now" to form the value in the database (database 0 = no expiration). database Set the last login time interval (days). Used with database Set password expiration warning time interval (days). 0 = none. database Obsoleted field. database Set whether User Picks Password, database Set whether system generates pronounceable passwords, database Set if generated password is restricted, If password will be checked for triviality. database Set whether null passwords are allowed, is not recommended! database Obsolescent field. database Obsoleted field. database Set whether system generates passwords having characters only, database Set whether system generates passwords having letters only, database Set the time-of-day allowed for login. The format is: Where key has the following values: - Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday - Friday - Saturday - Sunday - everyday - Monday -> Friday and Starttime and Endtime are in military format: HHMM, where: 00 <= HH <= 23, and 00 <= MM <= 59. database database database database database database Set Maximum Unsuccessful Login tries allowed. 0 = infinite. database Set the administrator lock, This option is specified WITHOUT a user name to "validate/refresh" all user's passwords. It goes through the protected password database and sets the successful change time to the current time for all users. The result is that all user's password aging restarts at the current time. May be combined with the option. This option is specified with a user name to "validate/refresh" the specified user's password. It sets the successful change time to the current time. May be combined with the and/or options. Delete the user's password and return a random password that the user must later supply to the login process to login and pick a new password. Not valid for root. Also resets locks. May be combined with the option. RETURN VALUE
0 Success. 1 User not privileged. 2 Incorrect usage. 3 Can not find the entry or file. 4 Can not change the entry. 5 Not a Trusted System. EXAMPLES
Set the Minimum time between password changes to 12 (days), set the System generates pronounceable password flag to NO, and set the System generates password having characters only flag to YES. The following example is to restrict the times that user joeblow can get on the system on Mondays and Fridays to 5PM-9PM, and Sundays from 5AM-9AM. Other days are not restricted. WARNINGS
This command is intended for SAM use only. It may change with each release and can not be guaranteed to be backward compatible. Several database fields interact with others. Side effects may not be apparent until much later. Special meanings may apply in the following cases: o an absent field, o a field without a value, o a field with a zero value. Very little, if any checking is done to see if values are valid. It is the user's responsibility to range check values. HP-UX 11i Version 3 is the last release to support trusted systems functionality. FILES
System Password file Protected Password Database System Defaults Database AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
getprpw(1M), prpwd(4), nsswitch.conf(4). TO BE OBSOLETED modprpw(1M)