Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using find command with awk or basename Post 302143954 by aigles on Monday 5th of November 2007 02:10:15 PM
Old 11-05-2007
You can do something like that :
Code:
find DIR/LOGDIR -type f -mtime +3 -name '*LOG*' | sed 's_.*/__'  > log_list.out

Jean-Pierre.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with output of find command being input to basename command...

Hi, I am triying to make sure that there exists only one file with the pattern abc* in path /path/. This directory is having many huge files. If there is only one file then I have to take its complete name only to use furter in my script. I am planning to do like this: if ; then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_learner
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk and find command question

Hello! I have written this script: for file in "$( find $dirName -type d )" do echo "$file" echo "hello" done but as a result I get all the directories and in the end the work "hello". Shouldn't it print the word "hello" after printing the name of each directory and not in the end? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GeorgeP
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting basename inside awk script

hi if we have to use basename how can we do this in awk? did the below but is not working.. psg -t "?"| awk '{ command=($5 ~ /^/)? $9:$8 # cmd_name=`basename $command` (gives error) system("basename $command >>... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anteus
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting basename in awk or nawk

I am having a hard time extracting the file name from the above code. Instead of printing /folder/file.1$.5$, I would like it to print the file name file.1$.5$. I have tried using basename but it looks like NAWK or AWK does not recognise basename. Each time I type it in, it prints out the word... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asemota
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to find particular pattern in file.

Hi I am using the following command to look for anything other than "0000" in a comma seperated file on 11th field. Note: I am looking for "0000" including the double quotes. nawk -F"," '$11!='"0000"'{print $11}' file This is showing incorrect result. Help is appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with basename command

I have a file fileinput.txt: File home/me/fileA.doc is size 232 File home/you/you/fileB.doc is size 343 File /directory/fileC.doc is size 433 File /directory/filed.doc cannot find file size I want to use the basename command (or any other command) to output: File fileA.doc is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk and basename

im trying to extract the basename of a process running on a host processx is running at host1 as /applications/myapps/bin/processx i wanted to check if its running, then extract the basename only using: $ ssh host1 "ps aux | grep -v 'grep' | grep 'processx'" | awk '{ print basename $11}' ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaboink
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

basename not working as expected from find -exec

I have the following files in a directory > ls -1 /tmp/test/dir/ file with spaces 1.ogg file with spaces 2.oggI am running the following to echo the filenames but alter the file extension on the files to .mp3 instead of .ogg ( I am going to run ffmpeg against the files ultimately, but keeping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk & basename puzzler - advise sought

Hi I have been able generate a file ($ELOG) that can have multiple lines within it. The first column represents the full path source file and the other is the full path target ... the file names are the same but the target directory paths are slightly different. <source_dir1>/file1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidra
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to find seq lines

I have a below file FILE.cfg JAN_01 VAR1=4 VAR2=SUM VAR3=PRIVATE JAN_10 VAR1=44 VAR2=GUN VAR3=NATUR JAN_20 VAR1=3 VAR2=TQN VAR3=COMMA code: (JAN_10 is argument passed from script) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
6 Replies
EXTRESSO(1)						      General Commands Manual						       EXTRESSO(1)

NAME
extresso - wrapper for wrestool and icotool SYNOPSIS
extresso [OPTIONS]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the extresso command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Extresso reads resource scripts, and uses wrestool to extract the listed resources and icotool to convert them (if necessary). OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). -o,--output=DIR Where to place extracted files (default `.'). --format=FORMAT Extraction format of icon resources, passed to icotool. -b,--base=DIR Base directory of local files in scripts. (This will be appended to ``file'' lines in the scripts.) -i,--interactive Prompt before extraction. -v,--verbose Explain what is being done. --help Display a help message and exit. --version Output version information and exit. EXAMPLES
Extract all resources from shell32.dll using the resource script ``win98_shell32'', assuming it is available in ``/windows/windows/sys- tem/shell32.dll'', and placing output in ``out/'': $ extresso ../data/resscripts/win98_shell32 --base=/windows/windows --output=out/ $ find out/ -type f | wc -l 339 $ SEE ALSO
genresscript(1), icotool(1), wrestool(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> and Oskar Liljeblad <oskar@osk.mine.nu>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Colin Watson Copyright (C) 2001 Oskar Liljeblad This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. extresso (icoutils) April 18, 2005 EXTRESSO(1)