Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing Value from Shell to Perl Post 302143947 by kahuna on Monday 5th of November 2007 01:31:49 PM
Old 11-05-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbhatt
I have tried
export $MY_VARIABLE

and then reading $MY_VARIABLE in perl program. I didnt get any value!
should be
Code:
export MY_VARIABLE

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable to perl

I need a non-perl (bash) way to strip the path from a list of "find" results. Below is the perl version which I could use, if I could figure out how to call the script with a variable (like in sh, $1 is the variable passed in ./script variable) $file = "/path/to/file.txt"; # How do I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheCrunge
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help passing variables in shell script to perl one-liner

I'm writing a script to automate some post-install tasks on RHEL4 servers. I need the following code to insert an 'A' in the middle of a string, then replace the string in a file. I know I can use sed to do this, but I'd like to use perl's in place edit so I don't have to write to a temp file,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xek
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a file handler and an array from Perl to Shell Script

Hi there, I am trying to call a shell script from a Perl script. here is the code: @args = ("sh", "someshellprg.sh", "a file handler", "an array"); system(@args) == 0 or die "system @args failed: $?"; in the shell program, I examine if the arguments exits using: if then echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkgladiator
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a hash to another script in perl

I have a script (say script1.sh ) and I am calling a script (say script2.sh) within the script1.sh. Here in script1.sh I have a hash ( say %hash1) and i have to pass this hash to script2.sh. Basically i have to do some processing in Scirpt2.sh based on the hash(key,values). I wanted to know how can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments to Perl Function

Hi All, I am trying to pass an argument called "Pricelist" to a Perl function, then the function will open and print out the contents of the file named "Pricelist". But i can't seem to do it using my below code. Can any expert give some advice? #!/usr/local/bin/perl $DATABASE =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raynon
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing date formats in Perl: i.e. Jul/10/2007 -> 20070710 (yyyymmdd) - Perl

Hi , This script working for fine if pass script-name.sh Jul/10/2007 ,I want to pass 20070710(yyyymmdd) .Please any help it should be appereciated. use Time::Local; my $d = $ARGV; my $t = $ARGV; my $m = ""; @d = split /\//, $d; @t = split /:/, $t; if ( $d eq "Jan" ) { $m = 0 }... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: akil
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing perl variable to shell command

Can we pass perl variable to shell commands. If yes, please give some example. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing PERL var values to SH Shell Script

Greetings all, If I have a SH script that calls a PERL script in the following way: perl $HOME/scripts/config.properties And in the config.properties PERL file, this Perl script only sets a number of environmental parameters in the following way: #!/usr/bin/perl $VAR1 = ( ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gikyo12
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems passing shell arguments to perl

Semi-newbie, so flame throwers to 'singe-only', please. ;-) I have a large number of (say) .html files, where I'd like to do a recursive in-place search and replace a particular string. The following bit of perl works fine: perl -pi -e 's/oldstring/newstring/g' `find ./ -name *.html` ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnny_canucl
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting shell to Perl I run into shell built in function trap and need alternative in Perl

I am working on converting shell to Perl script. In shell we have built in function trap Do you know alternative in Perl or actually we don't need it? Thanks for contribution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
doctools::nroff::man_macros(3tcl)				Documentation tools				 doctools::nroff::man_macros(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
doctools::nroff::man_macros - Default CSS style for NROFF export plugins SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require doctools::nroff::man_macros ?0.1? ::doctools::nroff::man_macros::contents _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a single command providing access to the definition of the nroff man macro set to use for NROFF markup generated by the various NROFF export plugins. This is an internal package of doctools, for use by export plugins, i.e. the packages converting doctools related documented into other formats, most notably nroff. API
::doctools::nroff::man_macros::contents This command returns the text of the default CSS style to use for NROFF generated by the various NROFF export plugins. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category doctools of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
doctools, export, macros, man_macros, nroff, plugin CATEGORY
Documentation tools COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2009 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> doctools2base 0.1 doctools::nroff::man_macros(3tcl)