Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting dsjob command to execute DataStage jobs Post 302143283 by sureshg_sampat on Wednesday 31st of October 2007 11:47:27 AM
Old 10-31-2007
dsjob command to execute DataStage jobs

Hi Friends,

I am using a dsjob command in a unix script to invoke DataStage jobs.
DataStage server jobs (version 7.5.2)

The command looks like thisL:
$DSBinPath/dsjob -server :$SERVER_PORTID -run -mode NORMAL -jobstatus -param INPUT_GCDB_DIR=$InputFilePath -param INTERIM_DIR=$SequentialFilePath -param SCRIPT_DIR=$ShellScriptPath -param CountryID=$CountryID -warn 0 $ProjectName $JobName.$CountryID

Then there is another command to check for job status.
JOB_STATUS=`$DSBinPath/dsjob -server :$SERVER_PORTID -jobinfo $ProjectName $JobName.$CountryID | head -1 | cut -d"(" -f2 | cut -d")" -f1`

My query is :
What does each return code value (0,1,2) for JOB_STATUS signify?

Regards,
Suresh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

background jobs exit status and limit the number of jobs to run

i need to execute 5 jobs at a time in background and need to get the exit status of all the jobs i wrote small script below , i'm not sure this is right way to do it.any ideas please help. $cat run_job.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh #################################### typeset -u SCHEMA_NAME=$1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

invoke windows datastage dsjob from unix

hello, i have a windows server with datastage. In another machine, unix machine, i have a shell script that need to invoke the datastage dsjob. Can anyone help me? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaconga
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

jobs command

Good morning! When I type in the command "jobs" it takes me back to the command prompt? Any idea why and how I can display all the jobs that are currently running off that host? Ben (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

capture last run log using dsjob

Hi All, Could you please let me know how to capture the WARNING or FATAL errors for the last run log using dsjob -logsum in Korn Unix Shell. Thanks in Advance, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

DataStage log file output via dsjob command

Hi, I do have 2 files Job_Name Job1 Job2 Job3 Instance_Name USA IND SRI I need to write a script, i.e, output of job1.USA should come in log in unix. i.,e When it runs for the first time it should run as Job1.USA next run Job1.IND Job1.SRI (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsnaveen
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

jobs command in a script.

When you run this script in a command prompt it runs fines and echos the background jobs but when written to a script and run, it outputs nothing. for job in `jobs -p` do echo $job done Any ideas what I might be doing wrong. Thanks, SK (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanas01
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

waiting on jobs in bash, allowing limited parallel jobs at one time, and then for all to finish

Hello, I am running GNU bash, version 3.2.39(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu). I have a specific question pertaining to waiting on jobs run in sub-shells, based on the max number of parallel processes I want to allow, and then wait... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srao
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to stop all the cron jobs

Hi All, Please provide the command to stop all the cron jobs. Thanks in Advance Regards, Sindu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira_s
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to check only Autosys running jobs with autorep like command

Hi, Is there any specific command to use to check only say Running jobs via autorep or similar command for Autosys? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to compile a Datastage Job using Execute Command Stage or Routines in Datastage 11?

I am trying to compile the datastage jobs using the Execute Command stage in datastage 11 or any Routines if possible. My datastage is on Unix machine. So, How can I Compile a datastage job in UNIX from command line or any Routines. Please help me in doing so. Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elena jessi
1 Replies
lprm(1) 							    Apple Inc.								   lprm(1)

NAME
lprm - cancel print jobs SYNOPSIS
lprm [ -E ] [ -U username ] [ -h server[:port] ] [ -P destination[/instance] ] [ - ] [ job ID(s) ] DESCRIPTION
lprm cancels print jobs that have been queued for printing. If no arguments are supplied, the current job on the default destination is cancelled. You can specify one or more job ID numbers to cancel those jobs or use the - option to cancel all jobs. OPTIONS
The lprm command supports the following options: -E Forces encryption when connecting to the server. -P destination[/instance] Specifies the destination printer or class. -U username Specifies an alternate username. -h server[:port] Specifies an alternate server. COMPATIBILITY
The CUPS version of lprm is compatible with the standard Berkeley lprm command. SEE ALSO
cancel(1), lp(1), lpq(1), lpr(1), lpstat(1), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2011 by Apple Inc. 28 August 2009 CUPS lprm(1)