Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: date comparision
Operating Systems Solaris date comparision Post 302142442 by dave_nithis on Friday 26th of October 2007 07:35:29 AM
Old 10-26-2007
Data Compare two dates using shell scripting

a=2007-05-10 (YYYY-DD-MM Format)
b=2007-06-10

These are the two given dates and I need to compare.
(First It should split the dates into YYYY,dd,mm)

The script should first compare years(2007 here).If both are same or if "a" is lesser than "b"(ie.suppose year in "a" is 2006),it should print correct.If "a"(ie. suppose year in a is 2008) is greater than b,then it should print error.Similarly for the dates(05 and 06).

No need to check for the months(10).

Regards,
Dave Nithis.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

date comparision

Hello, I am trying to compare two dates which are in variables and i am not getting the correct result as expected. $first_date = '07/19/2007' $second_date='07/20/2007' Can you please suggest how to i check whether they are equal or not. if ($first_date -eq $second_date) condition is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

while - comparision

Hi, Please find the attached scriplet and suggest me to fix the bug in this. ----------------------------------- noofdirs=`ls *.tar | wc -l` if ; then let i=1 while ( $i <= $noofdirs ) ; do echo $i mkdir $i file1=`ls *.tar | head -1` mv $file1 $i i =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Comparision in the File

Hi All, I have thefollowing files in the directory inbox/sat ras.sat.trn.20090103.001902.00004358 ras.sat.trn.20090612.001903.00005339 ras.sat.trn.20090723.001902.00004358 The above file contains the date of the file creation. We just need to write a ksh shell script to check the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheesh_color
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Date Comparision

Hi, I have a file which has the date in the last line in the example pasted along with the rates of the countries. -- I want to compare the date in the last line of the file mentioned in the example below with the system date from Monday to Friday. -- If system date is equal to the date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raji_gadam
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in date comparision

#!/bin/ksh var="2009-08-31 12:39:05 UTC" ddate=`echo $var|cut -d' ' -f1` y1=`echo $ddate|cut -d'-' -f1` m1=`echo $ddate|cut -d'-' -f2` d1=`echo $ddate|cut -d'-' -f3` filedate=$y1$m1$d1 currdate="20070814" if ]; then echo "$LINE -> $filedate LOWER THAN $currdate" ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
0 Replies

6. Programming

Problem with date comparision in Pro*C

Hi, I have written the following Pro*C program to get the difference between 2 dates.But when I am printing the value of the date difference,it is always showing 0. #include<stdio.h> #include<sqlca.h> #include<oraca.h> void main() { EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION; int diff; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshbabuc
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date - String comparision

Hi, I am having difficulty to compare a string in a file against a date from a a table and print the latest date. Below are the values. String in File : 2009-12-02 00:37:51 Value Table : 2010-01-10-02.00.49.294758 I have to compare both the values ( Ignore the Microsecond in the table... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_78_nyc
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Manipulation and Comparision

Hi All, I want to generate quarter dates using awk or anything, by giving a dates as input for example : start_date=2010-01-01 end_date=2010-05-31 output should be: start_date end_date qtr 2010-01-01 2010-03-31 1 2010-04-01 2010-05-31 2 Example 2:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date comparision in Unix

Hi All, I would need your help to compare dates in my script. Say if I have the dates in a file I need to comapre these dates with yesterday's date and the dates which are older than yesterday needs to be displayed. Example: 03/22/2012 03/24/2012 03/20/2012 03/21/2012 03/12/2012... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdreddy34
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date command comparision with a different format

I have a script called " passwd_status " which gives the passwd-s status of my servers. the script output is like below password status for A: abc ks 10/05/115 1 30 ps password status for B: abc ks 09/25/115 1 30 ps password status for C: abc ks 10/10/115 1 30 ps Now , i want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charanarjun
1 Replies
fwtmp(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 fwtmp(1M)

NAME
fwtmp, wtmpfix - manipulate connect accounting records SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/acct/fwtmp [-ic] /usr/lib/acct/wtmpfix [file...] DESCRIPTION
fwtmp reads from the standard input and writes to the standard output, converting binary records of the type found in /var/adm/wtmpx to formatted ASCII records. The ASCII version is useful when it is necessary to edit bad records. wtmpfix examines the standard input or named files in utmpx format, corrects the time/date stamps to make the entries consistent, and writes to the standard output. A hyphen (-) can be used in place of file to indicate the standard input. If time/date corrections are not performed, acctcon(1M) will fault when it encounters certain date-change records. Each time the date is set, a pair of date change records are written to /var/adm/wtmpx. The first record is the old date denoted by the string "old time" placed in the line field and the flag OLD_TIME placed in the type field of the utmpx structure. The second record speci- fies the new date and is denoted by the string new time placed in the line field and the flag NEW_TIME placed in the type field. wtmpfix uses these records to synchronize all time stamps in the file. In addition to correcting time/date stamps, wtmpfix will check the validity of the name field to ensure that it consists solely of alphanu- meric characters or spaces. If it encounters a name that is considered invalid, it will change the login name to INVALID and write a diag- nostic to the standard error. In this way, wtmpfix reduces the chance that acctcon will fail when processing connect accounting records. OPTIONS
-ic Denotes that input is in ASCII form, and output is to be written in binary form. FILES
/var/adm/wtmpx history of user access and administration information ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWaccu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
acctcom(1), ed(1), acct(1M), acctcms(1M), acctcon(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), acctsh(1M), runacct(1M), acct(2), acct.h(3HEAD), utmpx(4), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration SunOS 5.10 22 Feb 1999 fwtmp(1M)