Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to reactivate user with command(no SAM) Post 302142369 by Perderabo on Thursday 25th of October 2007 07:15:43 PM
Old 10-25-2007
Is this a trusted system? If so it's
/usr/lbin/modprpw -k user

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

help on sam

hi, any idea how to get more info on the usage, unix equivalent of sam in hp-ux? thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to reactivate expired account in Linux as a root user

I am an administrator of a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system. Now one account expired. I wonder how to reactivate the account. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Where are SAM user templates stored?

Hey, new here, so be nice! I'm trying to write a little script to automate the user creation process on one of our boxes. But I would like to be able to use the templates that we have set up in SAM. Is the information in these templates stored in a file somewhere, that I can reference in my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

Adding user to a group without SAM

How can I add a user to a specific group without using SAM? I know I can user modprpw -G, but that will overwrite any groups the user is in with the ones I specify. I need to assume that I do not know what groups the user is already in, so I can't put them in the modprpw command. I just need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Getting command (command line) from SAM?

Hi I hope this is easy and sorry if I am using the wrong HP terms. I am looking for a way to glean the command line information from a process I run in SAM? In AIX I can just select any options I want for particular process and hit F6 and the command line is shown on the screen for use in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KmJohnson
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

root user command in shell script execute as normal user

Hi All I have written one shell script for GPRS route add is given below named GPRSRouteSet.sh URL="www.google.com" VBURL="10.5.2.211" echo "Setting route for $URL for GPRS" URL_Address=`nslookup $URL|grep Address:|grep -v "#"|awk -F " " '{print $2}'|head -1` echo "Executing ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
3 Replies

7. Linux

Reactivate an account

Hello, I had this issue today. One of my co-workers accounts was looked due to inactivity. The passwd -u command didn't work. So I did what I posted below. I don't think this the proper way to do this. What is the right to reactivate an account in Linux? After I changed the inactivity to never he... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Display SAM user list at the command line

Hello, I've been doing Linux and AIX administration for years, but I'm very new to HPUX. We have an old audit process which involves someone manually using sam to generate user lists. I'd like to kill that old process with fire... But... After working a bit in the morning to try and pull... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Celt1977
3 Replies
ppdof(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  ppdof(8)

NAME
ppdof - Text to PostScript translation filter SYNOPSIS
/usr/lbin/ppdof +Cfilename [-n login] [-h host] [...] OPTIONS
Use of the print flags is dependent on the features available on the print device, and on the current status of those features. For exam- ple, when you select a particular paper size, the appropriate paper must be correctly loaded in the paper trays. Options in /etc/printcap The following options are set in the /etc/printcap file and can be specified using the + switch. For example: :if=/usr/lbin/ppdof +Bupper +Cln32.rpd: You can also specify command line options in the /etc/printcap file using the + switch. For example: :if=/usr/lbin/ppdof +Olandscape +Cln32.rpd: Here, the -Olandscape option is specified. Specifies the default tray name to select for printing the banner page. For example: :of=/usr/lbin/ppdof +Bupper +Cln32.rpd: In this example, the banner page will be printed on whatever stock is currently loaded into the upper tray on the selected print device. Specifies the printer configuration file to use for the print job. Specifies the unit of measurement to be inches or cen- timeters for lines per inch (lpi), characters per inch (cpi), and page margin options. The default value is inches. Specifies the default tray name to select for printing the trailer page. For example: :if=/usr/lbin/ppdof +olower +Cln32.rpd: Command Line Options Specify print filter options at the command line using the lpr command as follows. Multiple -O options are supported. Specifies the host name from which the job owner is submitting the print command. Specifies the login (account) name of the job owner. Specifies the name of the output tray where the printed pages are placed. Specifies the page width in columns for portrait and landscape printing. A page width of 0 instructs the filter to use 80 columns in portrait orientation and 132 columns in landscape orientation. Specifies the tray name from which print paper is selected. The printer may select an alternate tray when the paper size provided in the tray does not match the docu- ment requirements. Specifies the number of sides to print on each sheet. You can specify sides as follows: 1 or one - Print on one side of the sheet. 2 or two - Print on both sides of the sheet (duplex printing). Specifies options related to page orientation, formatting, and features as follows: Specifies the number of characters to print per inch. Specifies only even numbered sheets are to be printed. Speci- fies the printed output is parallel to the long side of the page. Specifies the number of lines to print per page. Specifies the number of lines to print per inch. Specifies only odd numbered sheets are to be printed. Specifies the range of pages to be printed, starting with page number m and ending with page number n. Specifies to print the list of options provided by the printer configuration file which includes paper sizes, input and output paper tray names. For example: # lpr -Oprint /etc/motd (Note that the file /etc/motd is specified to satisfy lpr command line requirements, the file itself is not printed.) Specifies the printed output is parallel to the short side of the page. These options specify the various page margins in inches. The page mar- gin sizes in inches as follows: tm= - Top margin in inches. For example -Otm=2 bm= - Bottom margin in inches. For example -Obm=1.5 lm= - Left margin in inches. For example -Olm=1 rm= - Right margin in inches. For example -Orm=3 pm= - Page margin. Using this option sets tm, bm, lm and rm to the same value. For example -Opm=1.25 When configuring the /etc/printcap entry, different margins for landscape and portrait orientation can be specified by adding the suffixes _l and _p respectively. For example: :if=/usr/lbin/ppdof +Olm_p=0.5 +Olm_l=0.25 +Cln32.rpd: DESCRIPTION
The ppdof filter translates ASCII to PostScript and handles the device dependencies of a PostScript printer. It is recommended that the ppdof filter be specified for both the :of and the :if fields in the /etc/printcap file. For a description of these fields, see the printcap(4) reference page. RESTRICTIONS
The commands generated by the ppdof filter to handle device dependencies might be incompatible with some PostScript documents. When a PostScript file does not print correctly use the following command to prevent file preprocessing. # lpr -x file.ps The filter will not setup device dependencies or provide ASCII to PostScript translation for documents containing printer control charac- ters. EXIT STATUS
Any value other than zero (0) indicates that an error has occurred. ERRORS
Use the lf error log field in the /etc/printcap to specify the name of the error log file. SEE ALSO
Commands: cancel(1), lpr(1), pr(1) Files: printcap(4). System Administration ppdof(8)