Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to reactivate user with command(no SAM) Post 302142369 by Perderabo on Thursday 25th of October 2007 07:15:43 PM
Old 10-25-2007
Is this a trusted system? If so it's
/usr/lbin/modprpw -k user

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

help on sam

hi, any idea how to get more info on the usage, unix equivalent of sam in hp-ux? thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to reactivate expired account in Linux as a root user

I am an administrator of a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system. Now one account expired. I wonder how to reactivate the account. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Where are SAM user templates stored?

Hey, new here, so be nice! I'm trying to write a little script to automate the user creation process on one of our boxes. But I would like to be able to use the templates that we have set up in SAM. Is the information in these templates stored in a file somewhere, that I can reference in my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

Adding user to a group without SAM

How can I add a user to a specific group without using SAM? I know I can user modprpw -G, but that will overwrite any groups the user is in with the ones I specify. I need to assume that I do not know what groups the user is already in, so I can't put them in the modprpw command. I just need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Getting command (command line) from SAM?

Hi I hope this is easy and sorry if I am using the wrong HP terms. I am looking for a way to glean the command line information from a process I run in SAM? In AIX I can just select any options I want for particular process and hit F6 and the command line is shown on the screen for use in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KmJohnson
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

root user command in shell script execute as normal user

Hi All I have written one shell script for GPRS route add is given below named GPRSRouteSet.sh URL="www.google.com" VBURL="10.5.2.211" echo "Setting route for $URL for GPRS" URL_Address=`nslookup $URL|grep Address:|grep -v "#"|awk -F " " '{print $2}'|head -1` echo "Executing ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
3 Replies

7. Linux

Reactivate an account

Hello, I had this issue today. One of my co-workers accounts was looked due to inactivity. The passwd -u command didn't work. So I did what I posted below. I don't think this the proper way to do this. What is the right to reactivate an account in Linux? After I changed the inactivity to never he... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Display SAM user list at the command line

Hello, I've been doing Linux and AIX administration for years, but I'm very new to HPUX. We have an old audit process which involves someone manually using sam to generate user lists. I'd like to kill that old process with fire... But... After working a bit in the morning to try and pull... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Celt1977
3 Replies
fverify(8)						      System Manager's Manual							fverify(8)

NAME
fverify - verify software subsets SYNOPSIS
/usr/lbin/fverify [-npy] OPTIONS
Specifies error reporting only. The fverify command reports errors but makes no fixes. Specifies partial checking. The fverify command does not report changes in size or checksum for files marked as volatile. All other changes are reported. Specifies noninteractive fix- ing. The fverify command fixes permissions, UIDs, and GIDs of any files that have incorrect values for these attributes. No user input is required. DESCRIPTION
The fverify command reads subset inventory records from standard input and verifies that the attributes for the files on the system match the attributes listed in the corresponding records. When invoked with no options, fverify reports errors to standard output and prompts for confirmation before making corrections. You must have root privileges to use this command. Missing files and inconsistencies in file size, checksum, user ID, group ID, permissions, and file type are reported. If inconsistencies in ID or permissions are detected, fverify prompts you for correction. Missing directories are created. All errors and informational mes- sages are appended to the /var/adm/smlogs/fverify.log file. Files in a subset can be marked as volatile. These files (for example, /etc/passwd) are expected to change after installation. When used with the -p option, fverify does not report an inconsistency if these files have a size or checksum that does not match the product's inventory. The setld utility uses fverify when installing subsets to guarantee correct installation. RESTRICTIONS
Problems with file size, type, and checksum cannot be corrected. Errors in permissions for symbolic links are neither reported nor fixed. Because subset inventories give file names as relative paths, fverify must be invoked from the root directory to which the software is installed. Many of the files on the system cannot be read or modified without appropriate privilege. Attempting to run fverify without appropriate privilege can result in a great number of access errors. ERRORS
fverify: out of memory Explanation: Not enough memory is available from the system. pathname: cannot stat (error-message) Explanation: The file pathname is listed in the inventory but is not on the system. The error-message provides further information. pathname: file type x should be y Explanation: The file is listed in the inventory as being type y, but the copy of the file on the disk is type x. The file type codes are: Block device Character device Directory containing one or more files Regular file Hard link Named pipe (FIFO) Symbolic link UNIX domain socket pathname: checksum n should be m Explanation: The checksum of pathname was expected to be m but is actually n. pathname: size n should be m Explanation: The size of file pathname but was expected to be m but is actually n. pathname: gid n should be m Explanation: The group ID for pathname was expected to be m but is actually n. pathname: uid n should be m Explanation: The user ID for pathname was expected to be m but is actually n. pathname: permissions string1 should be string2 Explanation: The permissions for pathname were expected to be string2 but are actually string1. The format of string1 and string2 is the same as that used by the ls command. Creating directory pathname Explanation: The directory pathname is listed in the input inventory but does not exist on the system. The fverify command attempts to create it. cannot correct pathname (error-message) Explanation: A problem reported with pathname could not be corrected. The error-message explains the failure. pathname corrected Explanation: A problem with pathname was successfully corrected. Cannot create dir pathname (error-message) Explanation: The fverify program failed in its attempt to create a directory that it found missing. The error-message explains the failure. n verification errors encountered. m corrections performed. Explanation: Before exiting, the fverify program prints these statistics describing what had been done. If fverify executes correctly, its exit status is the total number of verification errors detected minus the total number of successful fixes. EXAMPLES
The following command sequence reports verification problems in the hypothetical OATDCB100 subset: cd / /usr/lbin/fverify -n < /usr/.smdb./OATDCB100.inv The previous example reports changes to volatile files. The following command sequence ignores changes to these files: cd / /usr/lbin/fverify -np < /usr/.smdb./OATDCB100.inv The following command sequence fixes all problems in the same subset without requiring user intervention: cd / /usr/lbin/fverify -y < /usr/.smdb./OATDCB100.inv The following command sequence fixes all problems in the same subset interactively: cd / /usr/lbin/fverify < /usr/.smdb./OATDCB100.inv FILES
Subset inventory files Log File SEE ALSO
Commands: ls(1), setld(8) Files: stl_inv(4) Guide to Preparing Product Kits fverify(8)