Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users 0821-077 ping: illegal packet size. Post 302140970 by blowtorch on Wednesday 17th of October 2007 02:36:54 AM
Old 10-17-2007
Can you check the man page of your ping command and see what the '-n' option stands for? What OS is this on?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

how to get network packet size

how to get network packet size I would like get network output rate(kb/sec) I type command "netstat -i" Ipkts Ierrs Opkts Oerrs 653387 0 678202 0 but i didn't know what is it packet size , how could i get it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help with configuring large packet size on Solaris 7 / e6500

We're running Solaris 7 on FDDI n/w on an E6500 host and wish to use MTU (packet size) > 1500, more like 3072 bytes to begin with and possibly up to 4096 bytes. Linux has /etc/network/interfaces. Does ANYONE remember the equivalent in Unix? When I do ifconfig eth0 mtu 4000, I get the error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharique
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Need help with configuring large packet size on Solaris 7 / e6500

Greetings, I'm stuck in a time warp using ancient machines from the prehistoric era that should be rightfully displayed in the Smithsonian. We're running Solaris 7 on FDDI n/w on an E6500 host and wish to use MTU (packet size) > 1500, more like 3072 bytes to begin with and possibly up to 4096... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharique
9 Replies

4. IP Networking

TCP Packet size

Hi! I'm writing an application (using BSD sockets on a Linux host) which communicates over TCP/IP with an embedded device. This embedded device has an old and real slow integrated circuit (Epson S1S6000) which handles all of the TCP/IP communication for it. Problem is, this circuit (S1S6000)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: olle
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get reason for ping failure using perls Net::Ping->new("icmp");?

Hi I am using perl to ping a list of nodes - with script below : $p = Net::Ping->new("icmp"); if ($p->ping($host,1)){ print "$host is alive.\n"; } else { print "$host is unreacheable.\n"; } $p->close();... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tavanagh
4 Replies

7. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris ping report failed packet script

Hello, on Solaris ping command does not report failed packet as in i.e. Windows (Connection timeout) Instead it reports the sequence of the sent packet: 64 bytes from 10.80.4.120: icmp_seq=11. time=36.0 ms 64 bytes from 10.80.4.120: icmp_seq=12. time=35.9 ms 64 bytes from 10.80.4.120:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
6 Replies

9. Programming

Ping test sends mail when ping fails

help with bash script! im am working on this script to make sure my server will stay online, so i made this script.. HOSTS="192.168.138.155" COUNT=4 pingtest(){ for myhost in "$@" do ping -c "$COUNT" "$myhost" &&return 1 done return 0 } if pingtest $HOSTS #100% failed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mort3924
4 Replies
OCF_PACEMAKER_PING(7)					      Pacemaker Configuration					     OCF_PACEMAKER_PING(7)

NAME
ocf_pacemaker_ping - node connectivity SYNOPSIS
[OCF_RESKEY_pidfile=string] [OCF_RESKEY_dampen=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_name=string] [OCF_RESKEY_multiplier=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_host_list=string] [OCF_RESKEY_attempts=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_timeout=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_options=string] [OCF_RESKEY_debug=string] ping [start | stop | reload | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Every time the monitor action is run, this resource agent records (in the CIB) the current number of ping nodes the host can connect to. It is essentially the same as pingd except that it uses the system ping tool to obtain the results. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
OCF_RESKEY_pidfile = string [/ping-] PID file OCF_RESKEY_dampen = integer [5s] Dampening interval The time to wait (dampening) further changes occur OCF_RESKEY_name = string [pingd] Attribute name The name of the attributes to set. This is the name to be used in the constraints. OCF_RESKEY_multiplier = integer [] Value multiplier The number by which to multiply the number of connected ping nodes by OCF_RESKEY_host_list = string [] Host list The list of ping nodes to count. OCF_RESKEY_attempts = integer [2] no. of ping attempts Number of ping attempts, per host, before declaring it dead OCF_RESKEY_timeout = integer [2] ping timeout in seconds How long, in seconds, to wait before declaring a ping lost OCF_RESKEY_options = string [] Extra Options A catch all for any other options that need to be passed to ping. OCF_RESKEY_debug = string [false] Verbose logging Enables to use default attrd_updater verbose logging on every call. AUTHOR
Andrew Beekhof <andrew@beekhof.net> Author. Pacemaker Configuration 04/17/2012 OCF_PACEMAKER_PING(7)