Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 network configuration problem with zone Post 302140006 by porter on Wednesday 10th of October 2007 10:17:09 AM
Old 10-10-2007
Are your IP address and server name configured in the DNS server you are using?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with Solaris in Network configuration

WEe have installed Intel version of Solaris 8 in a machine .we skipped the network configuration at the begning.we selected unnetworked.Now we need to connect the same machine to a network. We configured the Card using ifconfig but its taking the ip address itself as the Default G/W. I need help... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: premkumar
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network configuration in Solaris 8

Hi. I have installed Solaris 8 and I am trying to configure the network settings. For some reason every time I reboot, my card loses its configuration. I can run ifconfig and the only IP address bound to my card (on either interface) is 127.0.0.1. I can change that to a valid IP address on my... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ask Me
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Network Configuration

Hi How do I configure a network card in Solaris 10? using the command ifconfig, and also please advise me for persisting this ip address what are the files newly created and modify. I am a new baby in solaris:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipinmurali
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Zone configuration

So I have a zone, called assist. the server is running, I bound the network adapter to ce3, but it doesn't seem to work. I can't get out to the internet. I can ping the device from the host, but not from my desktop. here is the network configuration from the zone side: # ifconfig -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Zone Configuration in Solaris 10

We have solaris 10 server that has the been re-installed with OS after OS got currupted. The old ZONE contents has been now restored from backup.Now when we try to check for the zones by listing command, I could find only global zone running. Kindly let me know how to install/configure the zone to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydoss1
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Branded Solaris 10 zone no network

I am trying to create a branded 10 zone on a Solaris 11.1 control domain. I am using a flar image (cpio) from an existing LDOM. Here are the steps taken after flarcreate. #zonecfg -z <device> >create -b >set brand=solaris10 >set zonepath=/zonez/<device> >set ip-type=exclusive >add net... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aeroforce
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to get Solaris 11 Zone onto the network

Hello, I followed these instructions to create a Solaris 11 zone: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/servers-storage-admin/o11-092-s11-zones-intro-524494.html And I am unable to ping anything from the Local Zone except for the IP address of the global zone. My global zone has an IP... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unblockable
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris non-global zone network vlan

Have 2 nics on physical system net0 phys 1500 up -- net1 phys 1500 up -- 1. I want to create a link aggregation with LACP enabled with above 2 nics 2. Create port-group(Like we create on ESXi) with VLAN-ID 2141 3. And assign this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Configure Solaris zone on new network

Hi, I have a Solaris 10 zone which I need to configure on a new network. I have configured the new IP on the zone itself and I can ping the interface from a node on the same network, but not from another network. Basically I need to know how to route the traffic from the zone to it's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 11 zone has no external network access (except to Global Zone)

Hi, hoping someone can help, its been a while since I used Solaris. After creating a NGZ (non global zone), the NGZ can access the GZ (Global Zone) and the GZ can access the NGZ (using ssh, zlogin) However, the NGZ cannot access any other netwqork devices, it can't even see the default router ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GazinLincoln
2 Replies
Net::DNS::Mailbox(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Net::DNS::Mailbox(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Mailbox - DNS mailbox representation SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Mailbox; $mailbox = new Net::DNS::Mailbox('user@example.com'); $address = $mailbox->address; DESCRIPTION
The Net::DNS::Mailbox module implements a subclass of DNS domain name objects representing the DNS coded form of RFC822 mailbox address. METHODS
new $mailbox = new Net::DNS::Mailbox('John.Doe@example.com'); $mailbox = new Net::DNS::Mailbox('John Doe <j.doe@example.com>'); Creates a mailbox object which represents the DNS domain encoded form of the mail address specified by the character string argument. The argument string consists of printable characters from the 7-bit ASCII repertoire. address $address = $mailbox->address; Returns a character string containing the RFC822 mailbox address corresponding to the encoded domain name representation described in RFC1035 section 8. DOMAIN NAME COMPRESSION AND CANONICALISATION
The Net::DNS::Mailbox1035 and Net::DNS::Mailbox2535 subclass packages implement RFC1035 domain name compression and RFC2535 canonicalisation. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)2009,2012 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, RFC822, RFC1035, RFC5322 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Mailbox(3)