Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Find JRE installed in linux machine..? Post 302139988 by vino on Wednesday 10th of October 2007 08:32:09 AM
Old 10-10-2007
Unlike Windows, there is no standard way to find out if java is installed on your machine unless ofcourse /usr/bin/java points to GNU java or the SUN java.

You can, at best, look into the environment variables LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH to see whether you have a JAVA related path in those env variables.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command to find when Linux OS is installed?

hey , Anyone knows command to find when Linux OS is installed? Date and time? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
2 Replies

2. Linux

Launching X apps from a machine without X installed

Hi. Here's my setup: a workstation with an X server a CentOS server with no X server installed (development, security is not a concern) a GUI application installed on the server When I ssh to that machine, I get: ssh -Xl root 192.168.x.x Warning: untrusted X11 forwarding setup... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flj
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to find the OS JRE as well as User installed JRE on my UNIX box!

Hi, I want to determine whether my java application is pointing to the OS version of Java or the User installed Java version on my Unix box. I am aware of the "java -version" command, however I am unsure if the version returned is the OS one or the user one. Please help. Ali. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali40
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

How do I network a Suse installed machine with other computers, specifically Red hat Linux?

How do I network a Suse installed machine with other computers, specifically Red hat Linux? This is for a school project, and I can't find any pages that tell how to network a Suse to other computers except how to use a printer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

What time did Ubuntu installed on machine?

How can I learn what time OS installed time and release information. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Finding installed packages on Linux machine

Hi, i am trying to grab all the installed packages on linux machine,and only want to grab "Name" "Version" "Release" "Vendor" information i am using below command to do so : rpm -qa --info | grep -e 'Name' -e 'Version' -e 'Release' -e 'Vendor' the output contains lot other info... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Find List of MQ and Websphere certificates that are installed on Linux and UNIX servers?

Dear All, I am planning to find the list of certificates(WEBshpere/MQ) on a servers. My certificates are either stored in (.jks) / (.pem)/ (.cer) . But some of the certificates are stored without these file formats. I tried using find command but unless I give the file name its difficult for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidh_arth85
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Installing Oracle jre 8 on Linux

Hi, I am a common user on a linux cluster that has openJDK installed. For a particular software, the vendor asks for Oracle version of java installed. How can I install the oracle version from my home space where I don't need admin privileges to install? thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pc2001
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find whether Solaris installed on physical machine or on a VMware/KVM?

Hi All, . I am trying to find whether Solaris 11 installed on physical server or on VMware/KVM. I tried uname -a but it's giving only whether i installed on X86 or sparc machine. I tried prtdiag command but it's giving below information. command : prtdiag -v |grep "System... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
2 Replies
SIMPLYHTML(1)						      General Commands Manual						     SIMPLYHTML(1)

NAME
simplyhtml -- A Java editor based on HTML and CSS. SYNOPSIS
simplyhtml [no_options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the simplyhtml command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has online documentation (see Help menu in SimplyHTML). Project Description With project SimplyHTML an application is built for working with text documents. Text documents are stored in HTML and CSS format, but the application is meant as a word processor rather than a code editor or web site builder. Open to the maximum SimplyHTML is built with the aim to document as much of its functionality and usage as possible. The application is written in Java and distributed with full source codes. By using Java, HTML, CSS and PDF all parts of the project are 100% platform independent and can be used on almost any machine. Extensive documentation Source codes are commented in Javadoc format and additional inline comments. The sources are created with good legibility and structure in mind. In addition, an extensive tutorial is delivered covering both usage of the application and its internals. The tutorial is available in JavaHelp format and can be used as online help out of SimplyHTML. Or it can be read with a plain web browser. A PDF version of the tutorial is avalable too. Why another HTML editor? SimplyHTML is not an HTML editor in first place. It is a text processing application being based on HTML and CSS files. Although it has a simple HTML editor built in as well, the application focuses on text processing rather than web page creation. SimplyHTML tries to distinguish from comparable applications by combining simplicity, ease of use and transparency for both users and developers. OPTIONS
This program does not have any option. Just start it! ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DEBUG If this environment variable is set, SimplyHTML gives more information on how it finds its different elements, as well as some other information. JAVACMD Default value for the java virtual machine (the java command). JAVA_BINDIR If $JAVACMD is not set, the java virtual machine is searched under $JAVA_BINDIR/java. JAVA_HOME If $JAVACMD and $JAVA_BINDIR are not set, the java virtual machine is searched under $JAVA_HOME/bin/java. PATH If all $JAVA... environment variables fail, the java virtual machine command (java) is searched in the $PATH (with which). CLASSPATH ADD_JARS The $CLASSPATH variable also lets one specify additional jars, which is good, if you want to add a new Look&Feel jar (the motif one is so ugly...). Alternatively, the content of $ADD_JARS will be prepended to $CLASSPATH. FILES
/usr/bin/java If all searches through environment variables fail, the java virtual machine is expected to be /usr/bin/java; if not, simplyhtml exits with an error. SEE ALSO
The online documentation under http://simplyhtml.sf.net/, especially the Linux related one under the Wiki page link http://simply- html.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/SimplyHTML_on_Linux. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Eric Lavarde deb@zorglub.s.bawue.de for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version pub- lished by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. SIMPLYHTML(1)