Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Find JRE installed in linux machine..? Post 302139984 by XivaX on Wednesday 10th of October 2007 08:21:11 AM
Old 10-10-2007
How to Find JRE installed in linux machine..?

Hi all,

Im new to linux... Im in need to write a shell script to check wthr JRE in linux machine... Wtz de best way to find thru BASH?? Plz help me out to solve this issue...

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command to find when Linux OS is installed?

hey , Anyone knows command to find when Linux OS is installed? Date and time? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
2 Replies

2. Linux

Launching X apps from a machine without X installed

Hi. Here's my setup: a workstation with an X server a CentOS server with no X server installed (development, security is not a concern) a GUI application installed on the server When I ssh to that machine, I get: ssh -Xl root 192.168.x.x Warning: untrusted X11 forwarding setup... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flj
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to find the OS JRE as well as User installed JRE on my UNIX box!

Hi, I want to determine whether my java application is pointing to the OS version of Java or the User installed Java version on my Unix box. I am aware of the "java -version" command, however I am unsure if the version returned is the OS one or the user one. Please help. Ali. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali40
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

How do I network a Suse installed machine with other computers, specifically Red hat Linux?

How do I network a Suse installed machine with other computers, specifically Red hat Linux? This is for a school project, and I can't find any pages that tell how to network a Suse to other computers except how to use a printer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

What time did Ubuntu installed on machine?

How can I learn what time OS installed time and release information. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Finding installed packages on Linux machine

Hi, i am trying to grab all the installed packages on linux machine,and only want to grab "Name" "Version" "Release" "Vendor" information i am using below command to do so : rpm -qa --info | grep -e 'Name' -e 'Version' -e 'Release' -e 'Vendor' the output contains lot other info... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Find List of MQ and Websphere certificates that are installed on Linux and UNIX servers?

Dear All, I am planning to find the list of certificates(WEBshpere/MQ) on a servers. My certificates are either stored in (.jks) / (.pem)/ (.cer) . But some of the certificates are stored without these file formats. I tried using find command but unless I give the file name its difficult for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidh_arth85
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Installing Oracle jre 8 on Linux

Hi, I am a common user on a linux cluster that has openJDK installed. For a particular software, the vendor asks for Oracle version of java installed. How can I install the oracle version from my home space where I don't need admin privileges to install? thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pc2001
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find whether Solaris installed on physical machine or on a VMware/KVM?

Hi All, . I am trying to find whether Solaris 11 installed on physical server or on VMware/KVM. I tried uname -a but it's giving only whether i installed on X86 or sparc machine. I tried prtdiag command but it's giving below information. command : prtdiag -v |grep "System... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
2 Replies
MESG(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           MESG(1)

NAME
mesg - display (or do not display) messages from other users SYNOPSIS
mesg [option] [n|y] DESCRIPTION
The mesg utility is invoked by a user to control write access others have to the terminal device associated with standard error output. If write access is allowed, then programs such as talk(1) and write(1) may display messages on the terminal. Traditionally, write access is allowed by default. However, as users become more conscious of various security risks, there is a trend to remove write access by default, at least for the primary login shell. To make sure your ttys are set the way you want them to be set, mesg should be executed in your login scripts. ARGUMENTS
n Disallow messages. y Allow messages to be displayed. If no arguments are given, mesg shows the current message status on standard error output. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Explain what is being done. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXIT STATUS
The mesg utility exits with one of the following values: 0 Messages are allowed. 1 Messages are not allowed. >1 An error has occurred. FILES
/dev/[pt]ty[pq]? SEE ALSO
login(1), talk(1), write(1), wall(1), xterm(1) HISTORY
A mesg command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. AVAILABILITY
The mesg command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2014 MESG(1)