Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: stop sendmail srvice
Operating Systems Solaris stop sendmail srvice Post 302138712 by murad.jaber on Wednesday 3rd of October 2007 05:41:57 AM
Old 10-03-2007
stop sendmail srvice

dear all

does any one know how to stop send mail in solaris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How do I stop this???

Am having trouble trying to stop the process below ... bash# ps -eaf | grep "tape erase" root 29715 1 0 05:16:22 ttyp1 00:00:00 tape erase /dev/rStp0 root 22464 20933 1 03:40:12 ttyp6 00:00:00 grep tape eraseI've tried ... `kill -9 29715` ... but still no luck. Help... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

Problem in Hp Unix 11 telnet srvice !!!!

Hi all, I have problem in my HP Unix 11 server . my problem is : When I try to telnet it, it gives me this error " connection refused by remote host" I asked one of my friends he told me you have to start telnet service and he did that by executing command like this " inited -c " or some thing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KSA
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to stop others users to stop viewing what i am doing ?

Hi , I have one question, suppose i am a normal user and when i use 'w' command , it shows who is logged on and what they are doing . Now i want to stop others users to know what i am doing accept the root ? can i do this ? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
5 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris 8/9 sendmail stop

Hi All, I need to stop sendmail from running on boot-up. How can I do this on Solaris 8 and 9 sparc? Please help and that you in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

5. Solaris

stop solaris 8 sendmail from running on startup

sorry i got this already... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

6. Solaris

stop - A

I am using solaris x86 with a pc keyboard. i am trying to get to the ok prompt i have tried ctrl-break but it is not working , alt-break will not as well. pls any thought? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

How can I stop this???

I have a user ( and actually me too) getting this messages when the screen is idle, I need help on stopping this messages: 2012 Feb 20 13:30:22 servername Audit: LENGTH: "330" SESSIONID: "339384" ENTRYID: "1" STATEMENT: "1" USERID: "OPS$PT2ADM" USERHOST: "zzzzzzzzzzz" ACTION: "100" RETURNCODE:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

I can't get sendmail to stop considering itself as localhost.localdomain

Hi, I am tearing my hair out, here. We have a CentOS 4.7 box running sendmail 8.13.1. I can't send e-mail out from that box to anywhere not on localhost, as I keep getting the error 'DSN Data Format error', and 'A real domain name is required to send e-mail'. I have edited the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidm123SED
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail questions, SCO 5.0.6 sendmail 8.11.0

I am running SCO 5.0.6 and using sendmail 8.11.0 and having issues with smtp authentication. When trying to send mail the following message will kick back. (reason: 530 5.7.1 Authentication required) 530 5.7.1 Authentication required Not sure what needs to be tweeked in sendmail.cf but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)