Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sar logs in /var/adm/sa
Operating Systems Solaris sar logs in /var/adm/sa Post 302138684 by suntac on Wednesday 3rd of October 2007 03:58:29 AM
Old 10-03-2007
Rob,
I have no experience with SAR however have you thought about writing a simple script that will do this for you... You could write a script that rotates your logs.... you can also take a look at Freeware for Solaris for the log-rotate utility.

Regards,
Johan Louwers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

/var/adm/messages- Help

Solaris 8/ sun 420R Checked /var/adm/messages file and got the following message: Dec 4 16:40:05 serverXYZ ConfigProvider: get_pkg_instdate: getdate failed for the standard C locale (7) Does anyone know what this means? Looked up getdate but do not understand.... Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: finster
1 Replies

2. Solaris

/var/adm/loginlog

As root I have created the loginlog file in /var/adm with permissions (r and w) for root:root only. Failed attempts(> 5) to log in as root do not get logged in the file. What am I missing?? I am on a Solaris 8 Box. :confused: :confused: :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: encrypted
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

var/adm/cron

Hi, Here im using WinSCP and looking into the remote dir var/adm/cron and I get the following error.Is this bcoz i dont have admin privileges: Cannot get real path for '/var/adm/cron'. Unexpected OK response. Error code: 0 Error message from server: Success Request code: 16 BTW im... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thumsup9
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX and cron logs filtering ?: /etc/cronlog.conf, /var/adm/cron/log

Hi, I can use 'crontabs –e' and do all the scheduling I like. However I would like to auto send myself just the cronjobs logs that fail. That is to say the PIDs that fail and the related lines with those PID’s only. (Not the full set of logs) Has anyone done this work? Or does an AIX 5.3 tool... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keith Johnson
0 Replies

5. Solaris

/var/adm/messages

Hello Friends, I am geting the folowing error in /var/adm/message is it disl related problem? if yes.. how to check all the disk are perfect or not? Sep 15 06:01:12 scsi: WARNING: /pci@1f,700000/scsi@2/sd@2,0 (sd7): Sep 15 06:01:12 Error for Command: write(10) Error Level:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
5 Replies

6. Solaris

diff b/w /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages

hi sirs can u tell the difference between /var/log/syslogs and /var/adm/messages in my working place i am having two servers. in one servers messages file is empty and syslog file is going on increasing.. and in another servers message file is going on increasing but syslog file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying get the last /var/adm/messages

grep \"^`date "+%b %d %T"`\" /var/adm/messages | egrep \"emerg|alert|crit|err|warning\ but get an output like this ksh: alert: not found ksh: crit: not found ksh: err: not found ksh: warning": not found grep: can't open "19" grep: can't open "16:27:16"" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arch12
1 Replies

8. Solaris

/var/adm & /var/sadm

what is the difference between tha /var/adm and /var/sadm files in solaris 10 Os please can any one respond quickly thanking you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wkbn86
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Difference between /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages

Hi, Is the contents in /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages are same?? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vks47
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Maintaining SA logs /var/adm/sa/

Hi all, I have enable sar and the sa cron jobs in the sys account. I would like to however, keep only 1 month of data. Can i check for Solaris10, does sa2 do automatic purging of logs in /var/adm/sa/ that are 1 week old ? -- Answer = yes ( in "/usr/lib/sa/sa2" if you open the script,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)