Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers send message to a remote system Post 302138576 by rakeshou on Tuesday 2nd of October 2007 12:45:15 PM
Old 10-02-2007
Error send message to a remote system

I am analyzing snoop output and want to send "Hello world" to a remote system. I want to see if the message received is encrypted or not.

can I use ping to send a text message?

like ping "helloworld" <IP Addr>

Please help.

Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Sendmail keep a user from send message

Hello, i have a problem with my sendmail, i want' to keep a user from sending mail, how can i process ? My user is titi, and i don't want' that titi can't send mail via sendmail is it possible ? thnak a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westside
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

send message across terminals

Hello: How would you send message to other unix users logged in into the system now.. what should i verify, before sending them a mail across that displays mesage on the terminal. Any man pages? Thanks, ST2000 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ST2000
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Send warning message to user

Hai..I have one question in unix Shell script.Following is the script System Configuration: lcpu=4 mem=8192MB kthr memory page faults cpu ----- ----------- ------------------------ ------------ ----------- r b avm fre re pi po fr sr cy ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sollin
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send message from Unix to PC

What is the best way to send message from Unix script to PC users connected to the box ? I tried "smbclient -M <machine>" but doesn't work. I prefer not to use Samba. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnagaya
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

error-when trying to send the message thru email.

Hi All, I want to send a message through email. I have written below code. But it is not worling. Anybody has idea, why it is not working?. export $file1=$home1/pip1.$$ mailx -s "This Message from unix" abc@yahoo.com< $file1 thanks,Mary. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To send a message to another system

How to send a message to another unix terminal along with the date specified (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aajan
4 Replies

7. Solaris

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/usr password

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/user password with rlogin we can ujse .rhosts file but with ssh howits possible plz guide (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Cannot send new Private Message (PM)

To be able to send PMs your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 16 posts. If you have a question for the forum moderators and/or administrators, please post your question here. ...you might want to try searching the forums: What am I doing wrong? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: -=XrAy=-
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send files automatically to a remote system

Greetings, basically what I want to do is take the standard error from a cron file and store it on a file in a remote host (from Solaris to Linux). I want to create a cron file to do this everyday or put it on a script that will send it everyday to the other system (that doesnt matter). Any ideas... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: picolin
2 Replies

10. AIX

Curl, to send text message

hello friends I need to send a text message MSM by AIX with a function called CURL you have some example of how it is done so that you can help me please (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
4 Replies
AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping(3pm)

NAME
AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping - Implementation of XMPP Ping XEP-0199 SYNOPSIS
use AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping; my $con = AnyEvent::XMPP::IM::Connection->new (...); $con->add_extension (my $ping = AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping->new); # this enables auto-timeout of a connection if it didn't answer # within 120 seconds to a ping with a reply $ping->enable_timeout ($con, 120); my $cl = AnyEvent::XMPP::Client->new (...); $cl->add_extension (my $ping = AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping->new); # this enables auto-timeout of newly created connections $ping->auto_timeout(120); $ping->ping ($con, 'ping_dest@server.tld', sub { my ($time, $error) = @_; if ($error) { # we got an error } # $time is a float (seconds) of the rtt if you got Time::HiRes }); DESCRIPTION
This extension implements XEP-0199: XMPP Ping. It allows you to define a automatic ping timeouter that will disconnect dead connections (which didn't reply to a ping after N seconds). See also the documentation of the "enable_timeout" method below. It also allows you to send pings to any XMPP entity you like and will measure the time it took if you got Time::HiRes. METHODS
new (%args) Creates a new ping handle. auto_timeout ($timeout) This method enables automatic connection timeout of new connections. It calls "enable_timeout" (see below) for every new connection that was connected and emitted a "stream_ready" event. This is useful if you want connections that have this extension automatically timeouted. In particular this is useful with modules like AnyEvent::XMPP::Client (see also SYNOPSIS above). enable_timeout ($con, $timeout) This enables a periodical ping on the connection $con. $timeout must be the seconds that the ping intervals last. If the server which is connected via $con didn't respond within $timeout seconds the connection $con will be disconnected. Please note that there already is a basic timeout mechanism for dead TCP connections in AnyEvent::XMPP::Connection, see also the "whitespace_ping_interval" configuration variable for a connection there. It then will depend on TCP timeouts to disconnect the connection. Use "enable_timeout" and "auto_timeout" only if you really feel like you need an explicit timeout for your connections. ping ($con, $dest, $cb, $timeout) This method sends a ping request to $dest via the AnyEvent::XMPP::Connection in $con. If $dest is undefined the ping will be sent to the connected server. $cb will be called when either the ping timeouts, an error occurs or the ping result was received. $timeout is an optional timeout for the ping request, if $timeout is not given the default IQ timeout for the connection is the relevant timeout. The first argument to $cb will be the seconds of the round trip time for that request (If you have Time::HiRes). If you don't have Time::HiRes installed the first argument will be undef. The second argument to $cb will be either undef if no error occured or a AnyEvent::XMPP::Error::IQ error object. ignore_pings ($bool) This method is mostly for testing, it tells this extension to ignore all ping requests and will prevent any response from being sent. AUTHOR
Robin Redeker, "<elmex at ta-sa.org>", JID: "<elmex at jabber.org>" COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2007, 2008 Robin Redeker, all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-23 AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping(3pm)