Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP debug logging
Operating Systems HP-UX FTP debug logging Post 302138390 by untamed on Monday 1st of October 2007 11:44:22 AM
Old 10-01-2007
FTP debug logging

How can I log ftp debug information?
I added in /etc/syslog.conf:

Code:
daemon.debug                    /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log

and then I stopped and started syslogd but it does not log anything...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SunOS and ftp logging

Hi, I'd want to enable ftp logging on a SunOS 5.9 machine. I've read some guides I've found on the Internet but, in the syslog file, I stil not have information about that. In the /etc/inetd.conf I have this line: ftp stream tcp6 nowait root /usr/sbin/in.ftpd in.ftpd -d ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: untamed
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

on unix, ftp to windows...logging in

I am ftp'ing to one of our network drives to pick up a tar file. In the script, it does the ftp, but doesn't pick up the username and password. Do I need to script these a certain way so it knows this is input? ftp machinename.com userid passwd (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: brdholman
5 Replies

3. Solaris

How to change pwd during logging on ftp server?

Dear All, Could I change password while login in to ftp server(solaris 10)? I tried to use fileZilla and command prompt(window) to change my password but It can't. Do you have any suggestion ? Ps. I can't telnet and ssh to the server because of poicy for ftpuser. Thank in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: NET::FTP..>Debug Messages

HI All, NET::FTP->new($server, DEBUG=>1); I need to get all the Debug Messages in an array or a file.... Please suggest!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: angad.makkar
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Xferlog in solaris (FTP logging)

HI all, i Have a requirement for my customer fro tracking the ftp user sessions details. After some google search i got to know i need to confgure xferlog for the same.Want to know how to start the xferlog in solaris 10. Please help me :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgrandhi
2 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Constant Logging In (After Logging Out)

Hi Everyone. First, I want to thank all of you for letting me participate in this great group. I am having a bit of a problem. After I get an email from a responder, I login to make my reply. In the mean time I get another response by email from another member, I go to reply to them and I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP SERVER logging of files retrieved

Is there any addon or finctionality in ftp (SFTP) Server that definitively indicates if a file was retireved and successfully? I am looking for this type of command with logging so -files retrieved -files deleted by remote users can be logged Must be compatible with AIX and UBUNTU. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdc01
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging perl and shell debug mode.

I have a shell program which calls a perl program. I am running the shell program with command; $ ksh -x <prog_name> Inside the shell program, I am calling perl with warnings. I want to capture the entire output as it comes on screen. The command I tried is: $ ksh -x... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Not logging ftp connections in /var/adm/wtmpx file (in last command output)

Hi all, I have F5 load balancer on my system and checking service status by opening an ftp session in every 30 seconds. These ftp sessions are being logged in /var/adm/wtmpx and filling up the file. when i run the last command most of the output is this ftp session. I was wondering if there is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cepxat
1 Replies

10. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies
halt(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   halt(8)

NAME
halt - Stops the processor SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/halt [-d] [-l] [-n] [-q] [-y] DESCRIPTION
If other users are logged into the system, or if the system is operating at a multiuser run level, use the /usr/sbin/shutdown -h command to halt the system. If only the root user is logged in, and you do not plan to restart the system immediately, use the halt command. The halt command writes data to the disks and then stops the processor(s), but does not reboot the machine. You must be the root user to run this command. When the system displays the ....Halt completed.... message, you can turn off power to the machine. If the command is invoked without the -l, -n, or -q flag, the halt program logs the shutdown using the syslogd command and places a record of the shutdown in the login accounting file, /var/adm/wtmp. Using the -q and the -n flags imply the -l flag. FLAGS
Generates a crash dump of the system before halting it. Can be used with any other flag. Does not log the halt using syslog Prevents the sync before stopping, and does not log the halt using syslog Causes a quick halt, does not log the halt using syslog, and makes no attempt to kill all processes Halts the system from a dial-up operation EXAMPLES
To halt the system without logging the shutdown in the log file, enter: halt -l To halt the system quickly, enter: halt -q To halt the sys- tem quickly, also leaving a crash dump for the savecore command, enter: halt -d -q To halt the system from a dial-up, enter: halt -y FILES
Specifies the command path Specifies the syslog daemon Specifies the login accounting file RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: fasthalt(8), reboot(8), savecore(8), shutdown(8), syslogd(8) Functions: reboot(2), sync(2), syslog(3) delim off halt(8)