Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO problems installing 5.0.7 on HP DL 380G5 Post 302138097 by jose_antonio on Friday 28th of September 2007 04:52:47 PM
Old 09-28-2007
finally i have installed the O.S but,
once the installing is completed and booted for the first time:
i press enter at boot time and this messaghe comes up;

Boot:
hd(40)unix swap=hd(41) dump=hd(41) root=hd(42) hd=(Sdsk)
unix not found

According to SCO, i am using the EFS 5.77 and also tried with 5.72 and 5.74, but with the same response once i have installed the O.S.

of course i amd using Boot Loadable driver hpsas.

the command string i use when installing the O.S and booting for the first time is

defbootstr link=hpsas hd=Sdsk Sdsk=hpsas(0,0,0,0= Srom=wd(0,0,0)

Can anyone help me.
Thankyou.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems installing Solaris 2.6 on E4500

I have been trying for several days now to get 2.6 to load and boot on a Sun E4500. The installation appears to go seamlessly, but when it tries to boot the kernel panics and reboots immediately after the kernel loads (after the spinning \|/- thing). I installed Solaris 8 to make sure there were no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problems about installing Solaris 8 on PC

1. OSes coexistence can i install solaris 8 on my pc's 3th primary harddisk partition without damage the user and boot datas of installed operation system? and does i have to install Solaris 8 within several G(such as 8G) size of the harddisk? the following is partition table of my harddisk: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samprax
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems Downloading and Installing Stuff

HI to everyone, I have been for a very long time in my life a GUI user, and now that i have to use a Solaris 5 terminal, i am not sure how to do some things: Downloading stuff from the internet: How do i do that? in a GUI you just click on the link and start downloading automatic, but i have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sx3v1l_1n51de
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems installing perl5

Hi!! I have problems installing perl5 in a Tru64 4.0F enviroment, and i need it to install OpenSSL and OpenSSH to establis a SFTP... I'm installing perl 5.8.8 but an error occurr during make test, i ran ./perl harness and the result is the problem is on op/filetest.t I didn't know what to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: irasela
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Problems Installing Top

I've been trying to install Top on our Solaris box but it's giving me some trouble. The uname -a command shows SunOS servername 5.9 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250 I downloaded Top form www.unixtop.com. On the initial install I got errors because I didn't have a C compiler installed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenLynch
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Problems de-installing NetConnect

I have run into a problem while attempting to de-install netconnect from a Sol8 box. We got an error during the un-install script when it tries to remove SUNWsrsrp. It can't find the srsuser. We have no idea what user was specified initially. I have tried to remove the package on its own, to no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i_am_homer
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Will re-installing the Solaris OS help when present OS has problems

Does re-installing the Solaris OS when the existing OS has problems solve the issue? Problem here I mean "FILE SYSTEM BAD" after a fsck and the machine is not rebooting. My doubt also includes the question whether all inodes etc in the hard disk of the Sun machine gets re-formatted when we... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lydiaEd
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Problems installing Solaris 10

I just built my new computer with a q6600 quad core, 4 gig ram, Nvidia vidoo card but when I try to install the latest Solaris 10 on it the keyboard is not being detected when the installation starts so I'm unable to go complete the installation. First I tried a USB keyboard and it didn't work,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isomorphic
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Java Problems

Hello, When i attempt to install Java. I get this error code Can someone tell me what im doing wrong. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fob Upset
2 Replies

10. AIX

Installing SAMBA problems

I have created an LPAR and the next step is to get SAMBA installed, I have mounted our NIM server up and copied over the SAMBA binaries .bff files. How do i install these? i tried doing this through SMIT but had no luck..? Any help would be greatly appreciated. AIX OS 6.1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: audis$
2 Replies
format(1M)																format(1M)

NAME
format - format an HP SCSI disk array LUN SYNOPSIS
device_file DESCRIPTION
formats one LUN of the HP SCSI disk array associated with device file, device_file. The format will usually be a soft or zeroing format, in which the controller writes zeroes to the data area and parity area, if any, of the LUN. NOTE: The above should always be true of a sub-LUN, but the controller might decide, based on certain conditions, to do a full format of a regular LUN, which consists of sending a mode select and a media initialization command to the physical drive(s) in question, fol- lowed by zeroing the data and parity area, if any. The conditions which will cause a full format to be done are as follows: 1. The controller received a Mode Select command which requires a drive sector size change. 2. The controller received a Mode Select command which changed a parameter in the Format Device Page(0x03). 3. The LUN contains one or more failed drives. In this case only a certain subset of the drives containing the failed drives will be formatted. 4. Either the FmtData or the CmpLst bit in the Format Unit CDB is set. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: 0 Successful completion. -1 Command failed. DIAGNOSTICS AND ERRORS
Errors can originate from problems with: o o SCSI (device level) communications o system calls Error messages generated by format: An error in command syntax has occurred. Enter command again with all required arguments, in the order shown. To ensure that does not modify a disk array that is being used by another process, attempts to obtain exclusive access to the disk array. If the disk array is already opened by another process (for example, LVM -- the Logical Volume Manager), a "" error message is returned by the driver. To eliminate the "" condition, determine what process has the device open. In the case of LVM, it is necessary to deactivate the volume group containing the array before formatting array LUNs (see vgchange(1M)). The LUN number, which is derived from the device file name, is out of range. The addressed LUN is not configured, and thus is not known to the array controller. Utilities must be able to open the device file for raw access. The device being addressed is not an HP SCSI disk array. SCSI (device level) communication errors: Sense data associated with the failed operation is printed. Error messages generated by system calls: uses the following system calls: and Documentation for these HP-UX system calls contains information about the specific error conditions associated with each call. does not alter the value of The interpretation of for printing purposes is performed by the system utility EXAMPLES
To format the HP SCSI disk array LUN on a Series 800: WARNING
The command will destroy all user data on the addressed LUN. DEPENDENCIES
The HP C2425 and HP C2427 disk arrays are only supported on Series 700 systems running HP-UX version 9.0X. The HP C2430 disk array is supported on Series 700 and 800 systems running HP-UX versions 9.0X and 10.0X. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. format(1M)