Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SFTP scripting - help required Post 302137887 by ajcannon on Thursday 27th of September 2007 10:59:17 AM
Old 09-27-2007
Possibly drivel

This may well be very off track but I have always had problems ftping *to* windows.
Are you able to ftp *from* windows to Unix and then pulling the files? I have always had much better success going this way.
Apologies if this is simply not an option for you - it is just an idea.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp scripting

I am totally new to this forum so if I am asking this and it has already been asked I apologize, but I have yet to have time to figure out how to search effectively for answers in previous posts. I'll figure it out tomorrow I just wanted to get this out there in case there is someone with this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: New_Guru
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help required on expect scripting

I am trying to write an expect script for remote server login. At some point of time I need to telnet based on the output of grep command. Based on the output I need to select the ip address of the server. How can I write an expect script for the same. The output of the grep command is as follows:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ayyappakumar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required on scripting the rm -f command

When i execute rm -f $1 via a script file named rmf, it is not deleting all the files, say starting with "sec". i have execute rmf for many times to remove all the occurrences... $rmf sec* - this should delete all files starting with sec, but not. The rm -f sec* is working fine. kindly help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp scripting

Dear All, I have script that get the files from sFtp server to Unix server. The script is below. -- Batch File (mybatch) cd Output get abc123.csv in/abc123.csv get def456.csv in/def456.csv get ghi789.csv in/ghi789.csv bye -- Script File sftp -b mybatch xyz@111.222.33.4 >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samrio
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required with formatting in scripting

Hi Friends, I need to write a script which reads the file and prints them horizontally. For example, the file contains something like x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 my script reads this file as "for i in `cat filename`", but I need an output something like "config file = x1.ccfg,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineeshkg
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Required in shell scripting

Hi, I am new to Unix shell scripting.I have a requirement where I have to search for a particular file in a Unix directory based on some criterian of the content of the file.Actually there would be two files with same name and then I have zip them together and stoe in the same directory. As... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kunal Banerjee
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Required UNIX shell scripting material

As I am new in UNIX , and I want to learn UNIX shell scripting. where shall I get material for Scripting ( For basics fundamentals and production environmental scripts) Kindly provide me ...................... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Little scripting help required.

Hi , I need little help regarding my script. I have a file called abc which looks below. Rohan 12 Rakesh 23 Ajay 25 Another file looks like this (xyz). Mumbai Delhi Madras How would i add column mentioned in second file so that the file looks as below. Rohan 12 Mumbai... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Required help in shell scripting

Iam new to shell scripting,i have a text file in my $home directory mentioned below. 201249_BAN_EXCL.TXT I need to refer the above file in my automated script but the number 201249 used to change every week.How can i refer to this file everyt time without renaming it manually? Thanks in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jroyal
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting help required

I have a shell script which calls a sql script. But in the output file I'm getting an additional '^L' character. Please advise how this is to be handled. spool /opt/oracle/DART/out/Indx_rebuild.out SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SET VERIFY OFF SET HEADING OFF SET NEWPAGE NONE SELECT 'ALTER INDEX '||... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: narayanv
2 Replies
SFTP-SERVER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    SFTP-SERVER(8)

NAME
sftp-server -- SFTP server subsystem SYNOPSIS
sftp-server [-ehR] [-f log_facility] [-l log_level] [-u umask] DESCRIPTION
sftp-server is a program that speaks the server side of SFTP protocol to stdout and expects client requests from stdin. sftp-server is not intended to be called directly, but from sshd(8) using the Subsystem option. Command-line flags to sftp-server should be specified in the Subsystem declaration. See sshd_config(5) for more information. Valid options are: -e Causes sftp-server to print logging information to stderr instead of syslog for debugging. -f log_facility Specifies the facility code that is used when logging messages from sftp-server. The possible values are: DAEMON, USER, AUTH, LOCAL0, LOCAL1, LOCAL2, LOCAL3, LOCAL4, LOCAL5, LOCAL6, LOCAL7. The default is AUTH. -h Displays sftp-server usage information. -l log_level Specifies which messages will be logged by sftp-server. The possible values are: QUIET, FATAL, ERROR, INFO, VERBOSE, DEBUG, DEBUG1, DEBUG2, and DEBUG3. INFO and VERBOSE log transactions that sftp-server performs on behalf of the client. DEBUG and DEBUG1 are equivalent. DEBUG2 and DEBUG3 each specify higher levels of debugging output. The default is ERROR. -R Places this instance of sftp-server into a read-only mode. Attempts to open files for writing, as well as other operations that change the state of the filesystem, will be denied. -u umask Sets an explicit umask(2) to be applied to newly-created files and directories, instead of the user's default mask. For logging to work, sftp-server must be able to access /dev/log. Use of sftp-server in a chroot configuration therefore requires that syslogd(8) establish a logging socket inside the chroot directory. SEE ALSO
sftp(1), ssh(1), sshd_config(5), sshd(8) T. Ylonen and S. Lehtinen, SSH File Transfer Protocol, draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-00.txt, January 2001, work in progress material. HISTORY
sftp-server first appeared in OpenBSD 2.8. AUTHORS
Markus Friedl <markus@openbsd.org> BSD
January 9, 2010 BSD