Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Mounting ext3 & NTFS on PC-BSD!! Post 302136686 by sysgate on Wednesday 19th of September 2007 06:17:27 AM
Old 09-19-2007
What exactly is the problem, what are the command line options that you're invoking and what is the error message that you see ?
Run "man -k mount" to see all available options for BSD, in the meantime I will look at my virtual machine that has this great distro on it. OK, here is HOW-TO mount NTFS on PCBSD.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting ntfs through network???

Hi all, I wonder if there is any possibility to mount NTFS or FAT32 from remote Windows* machine to, let's say, OpenBSD or RedHat??? Like Samba, but reverse. Thank you all. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solvman
6 Replies

2. Red Hat

Mounting NTFS filesystem

I'm currently running dual boot Linux & Windows. Linux is Fedora core 3. I've downloaded and installed the rmp that was needed so that I could mount a NTFS filesystem. But when I go to mount the filesystem I'm still getting error's stating it does not support the NTFS filesystem. Also the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Mounting Ext2 and Ext3

Is it possible to mount linux file systems in sun solaris ? and if its possible what -f name i should use ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
3 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Mounting USB NTFS External Disk R/W on OSX

Does anyone know an easy way to mount an NTFS (NT File System) external backup drive R/W on OSX? I use one backup drive for both my XP and OSX files via a USB interface. On XP it mounts R/W. On OSX it mounts Read Only :-( I'm growing weary of using flash drives and burning CDs to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting fs ext3

I'm trying to find a correct command that will mount a filesystem ext3 the device /dev/sda1 to mount point /mnt/usb but not allow any programs to run from it. I want to be honest as I've read the forum rules... This is a homework question BUT, i'm generally interested in the correct process and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CasperQuiet
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

CentOS and XP dualboot + ext3/ntfs mount

I have WinXP Pro SP2 on first disk /dev/hda, which my BIOS currently has as first boot device. I have CentOS-5.2-x86_64 on second disk /dev/hdb, which I can boot into if I set my BIOS to boot from this HDD. It is using LVM with vg00 and a single LV for root (/) filesystem (ext3). How do I get... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: apra143
19 Replies

7. Red Hat

mounting ntfs volume in RHEL5

Need a little help here. I am having trouble mounting an NTFS volume in RHEL5, here are the commands. root # mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sda1 /media/my-volume FATAL: Module fuse not found. ntfs-3g-mount: fuse device is missing, try 'modprobe fuse' as root root # modprobe fuse FATAL: Module fuse... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
5 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem mounting NTFS file System in REDHAT Enterprise 5

When I am trying to mount my windows partitions in REDHAT Enterprise Linux 5 using these command mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sda1 /mnt/ntfs I have encountered with the problem mentioned below FATAL: Module fuse not found. ntfs-3g-mount: fuse device is missing, try 'modprobe fuse' as root I have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dearanik
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ext3 to NTFS - transfering data

Alright so here is my problem: I have an ext3 external hard drive with about 270gb of data that needs to be copied/transferred to a NTFS drive. The NTFS drive has data currently on it...which obviously needs to stay intact. My supervisor mentioned that this problem could be a little tricky so I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: huntreilly25
9 Replies

10. Red Hat

Mounting NTFS Drive through JBOD

Very green to the world of Linux/Unix computing, as I have recently been tasked with getting out internal network set up for incoming data sets we are receiving. Unfortunately our system is Linux/Unix mainly, and the drives that are coming in are SATA NTFS formatted. I'm wondering if there... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbrowne20
0 Replies
MOUNT_NTFS(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     MOUNT_NTFS(8)

NAME
mount_ntfs -- mount an NTFS file system SYNOPSIS
mount_ntfs [-s] [-o options] special node DESCRIPTION
The mount_ntfs command attaches the NTFS file system residing on the device special to the global file system namespace at the location indi- cated by node. This command is normally executed by mount(8) at boot time, but can be used by any user to mount an NTFS file system on any directory that they own (provided, of course, that they have appropriate access to the device that contains the file system). The options are as follows: -s Mount the volume using case sensitive semantics. This means that you can create files that have names that only differ in case such as for example "foo" and "Foo". Without this option the volume is mounted using case insensitive semantics in which case if you cre- ate a file with name "foo" you then cannot create a file named "Foo" or rather if you do create a file named "Foo" it would overwrite the existing file "foo". -o Options are specified with a -o flag followed by a comma separated string of options. See the mount(8) man page for possible options and their meanings. SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), fstab(5), mount(8) HISTORY
This NTFS implementation first appeared in Mac OS X 10.5. AUTHORS
This NTFS implementation was written by Anton Altaparmakov <aia21@cantab.net>. Mac OS X September 12, 2008 Mac OS X