Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity "421 service not available, remote server has closed connection."? Post 302136583 by vishaldsh on Tuesday 18th of September 2007 03:25:19 PM
Old 09-18-2007
"421 service not available, remote server has closed connection."?

"421 service not available, remote server has closed connection."

I tried to do ftp to one of the unix server .

ftp hostname
password

It get connects when i do any command it throws error

ftp> ls

"421 service not available, remote server has closed connection."

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

XIO: fatal IO error 232 (Connection reset by peer) on X server "192.168.1.239:0.0"

Hi All... I'm newbie here..., i have problem when installing oracle9206, i use HPUX 11.11, i'm using Xmanager enterprise 2.1 for forwarding from server A to my laptop # export DISPLAY=192.168.1.239:0.0 # echo $DISPLAY output ==> 192.168.1.239:0.0 at the oracle directory, i execute ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: grimanda
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Connection closed

Hi Everyone, Good day. Scenario: 2 unix servers -- A (SunOS) and B (AIX) I have an ftp script to sftp 30 files from A to B which happen almost instantaneously i.e 30 sftp's happen at the same time. Some of these sftp's fail with the following error: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Xterm :Cannot establish a connection to "Server IP" on port 22

Dears, I installed HP-UX Server, when I tried to reach it through Xterm it returns the error like Xrcmd Cannot establish a connection to "Server IP" on port 22 Anyone here to tell me the reason(s) find attached xterm.jpg (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartyshan
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"Connection closed by remote host" while doing ssh to a solaris box

Hi All, When i try to do ssh from a linux to solaris box its throughing "Connection closed by remote host". Please not that this error is not occuring every time i do ssh, it occurs at random timing( Mostly ssh is successful) - unfortunately my script which is doing ssh is falling at this time... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkumar7
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script/telnet - Remove/Control "Connection closed by foreign host"

How do I gain control of the "Connection closed by foreign host" message telnet yields when you connect to it in a shell script? I'm using the output: #!/usr/local/bin/bash count=$(ping -c 1 $1 | grep 'received' | awk -F',' '{ print $2 }' | awk '{ print $1 }') if ; then echo "$1 PING "... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
2 Replies

6. Solaris

"Connection closed by" error

OS: Solaris 8 Sparc server1:userA:/home/userA# ssh userB@server1 Connection closed by < IP address> Problem: From being a userA, I am unable to connect/ssh to the same server as when trying to use a different account. (userB) Do you know where can i start checking? Here are some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrist
3 Replies

7. Solaris

"Connection closed by foreign host error" in Solaris 10

Version Details Solaris version : Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 s10x_u10wos_17b X86 $ uname -a SunOS tippy178 5.10 Generic_147441-01 i86pc i386 i86pcThe Issue +++++++++ I have two solaris 10 Virtual Machines created using Virtual Box. One of my applications running on Source was trying to connect... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
9 Replies

8. AIX

Nim server "Unable to execute remote client commands"

Hello, What is its mean? Could you please help me? Best regards, root@nimserver:/> nimadm -j nimadmvg -c dev4 -s spot1 -l lpp_source1 -d "hdisk7" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client dev4. 0042-006 c_rsh: (exec_nimsh_cmd) exec_cmd Error 0 poll: setup failure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
2 Replies
SIMPLEFTP(1)						      General Commands Manual						      SIMPLEFTP(1)

NAME
simpleftp - rudimentary ftp client SYNOPSIS
simpleftp ftp://... [ ... ] DESCRIPTION
simpleftp is a perl script that provides basic support for fetching files with FTP in a batch oriented fashion. It takes one or more ftp URLS on the command line. The file(s) will be retrieved from the remote server and placed in the current directory with the same basename as on the remote; i.e., ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/active.gz is stored as active.gz in the current directory. BUGS
simpleftp is an extremely poor substitute for more complete programs like the freely available wget or ncftp utilities. It was written only to provide elementary support in INN for non-interactive fetching of the files in ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/ without requir- ing administrators to install yet another package. Its shortcomings as a general purpose program are too numerous to mention, but one that stands out is that simpleftp does not understand the complete syntax of URLs, only the hostname and pathname parts -- it will not under- stand username, password, port or parameter strings. HISTORY
Tossed off by David C Lawrence <tale@isc.org> for InterNetNews. SEE ALSO
actsync(8). SIMPLEFTP(1)