Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Array Declaration and For Loop Post 302136135 by 33junaid on Saturday 15th of September 2007 10:01:07 AM
Old 09-15-2007
it is not giving the correct result....where is the filesize in first variable?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

i cannot give array declaration in shell script

Dear all, i m unable to give array decalartion in solaris Operating system shell script and script was so.sh declare -a bull for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 do bull=$i echo "${bull}" done it is throwing an error called so.sh: declare: not found so.sh: bull=1: not... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
20 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use array values after the loop.

- I m retreving values from database and wish to use those values later in my shell script. I m placing these values in an array da_data but outside loop array is empty.Problem is its treating array as local inside loop hence array is empty outside loop. Plz go through the script and suggest how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk in array in while loop

Hi everyone:) I have 2 files - IN & OUT. Example: IN A:13:30 B:45:40 . . . UNLIMITED OUT Z:12:24 Y:20:15 . . . UNLIMITED I want first row of numbers of IN - OUT. Example 13-12 45-20 My code is (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincyoxy
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Array declaration problem

Hi all, I would like to declare a vector of variables and access them sequentially. Here is my code ARRAY_CT="0001000000 0000100000 0000010000" ELEMENTS_CT=${#ARRAY_CT} echo $ELEMENTS_CT for (( j=1;j<=$ELEMENTS_IS;j++)); do echo ${ARRAY_IS} done ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array declaration in Shell script

this is my code declare -a USERCERT declare -a CACERT declare -a KEYSRC this is the error + declare -a USERCERT ./clone.sh: 1: declare: not found + declare -a CACERT ./clone.sh: 1: declare: not found + declare -a KEYSRC ./clone.sh: 1: declare: not found (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: xerox
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array with do while and if loop

Hi All, I am trying to run a do while for an array. And in the do while, I'm trying to get a user response. Depending on the the answer, I go ahead and do something or I move on to next element in the array. So far I can read the array, but I can't get the if statement to work. Any suggestions... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Variable being Assigned Values in Loop, But Gone when Loop Completes???

Hello All, Maybe I'm Missing something here but I have NOOO idea what the heck is going on with this....? I have a Variable that contains a PATTERN of what I'm considering "Illegal Characters". So what I'm doing is looping through a string containing some of these "Illegal Characters". Now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop over array in batches

given an array of filenames files=(*) how can i loop over these in batches of four, or even better, work always with four files simultaneously. i want do something with these files, always four of them simultaneously, and if one is ready the next should start. one idea, but definitely not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dietmar13
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global declaration of Array in Shell

Hi, Have assigned values in Array and iterating in while loop and would require values outside of the loop. But its returning NULL. could you please help us how to define Global array declaration in Unix shell scripting? i am using Kron shell. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: periyasamycse
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk loop using array:wish to store array values from loop for use outside loop

Here's my code: awk -F '' 'NR==FNR { if (/time/ && $5>10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":"($5-01) else if (/time/ && $5<01) A=$2" "$3":"$4-01":"(59-$5) else if (/time/ && $5<=10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":0"($5-01) else if (/close/) { B=0 n1=n2; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: klane
2 Replies
dynamic_pager(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					  dynamic_pager(8)

NAME
dynamic_pager -- external storage manager for dynamic pager SYNOPSIS
dynamic_pager [-F filename] [-S filesize] [-H high-water-trigger] [-L low-water-trigger] [-P priority] DESCRIPTION
The dynamic_pager daemon manages a pool of external swap files which the kernel uses to support demand paging. This pool is expanded with new swap files as load on the system increases. It is contracted when the swapping resources are no longer needed. The dynamic_pager daemon also provides a notification service for those applications which wish to receive notices when the external paging pool expands or contracts. OPTIONS
-F The base name of the filename to use for the external paging files. By default this is /private/var/vm/swapfile. -H If there are less than high-water-trigger bytes free in the external paging files, the kernel will signal dynamic_pager to add a new external paging file. -L If there are more than low-water-trigger bytes free in the external paging files, the kernel will coalese in-use pages and signal dynamic_pager to discard an external paging file. Low-water-trigger must be greater than high-water-trigger + filesize. -P This option is currently unimplemented. -S The fixed filesize [in bytes] to use for the paging files. By default dynamic_pager uses variable sized paging files, using larger sized files as paging demands increase. The -S, -H and -L options disable that default and cause dynamic_pager to use a series of fixed sized external paging files. FILES
/private/var/vm/swapfile* Default external paging files. /Library/Preferences/com.apple.virtualMemory.plist Configuration file. XML PROPERTY LIST KEYS
The following keys can be specified in the configuration file. Please see plist(5) for more information about property list files. UseEncryptedSwap <boolean> This optional key activates encrypted swap (aka Secure VM), so that all data is encrypted before being written to a swap file. The default is on for portable computers and off for other computers. Mac OS X July 8, 2003 Mac OS X