Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Debian ftp server
Operating Systems Linux Debian Debian ftp server Post 302136098 by wmccull on Friday 14th of September 2007 05:20:01 PM
Old 09-14-2007
Debian ftp server

What the best FTP server to run on debian.. it has to be secure and stable.. also any guides flying around ?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Debian (ubuntu) file problem after ftp

Hi, I am using Debian (ubuntu). whenever I ftp file from Windows to Debian, the file is being shown as DOS while editing in vi. The control characters are not visible and I couldn't remove the '^M' character. So please help me how to make it Linux specific file to use it for Linux specific tasks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp script not able to connect to ftp server.

I have the following ftp script to get files from a remote location. However, on running the script I find that I am not even able to connect to ftp server. I am able to connect to ftp server using other GUI ftp tools like WS_FTP using the same IP. IP used here is a dummy IP. What can go... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gram77
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi, I need to copy few files from remote server to local server. I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

when users ftp to server the timezone reflected is UTC but the server is set to TZ in localtime

Guys, Need your help coz my server runs in local time GMT +8, but when client use ftp and login, the resulting timestamp seen in each file is in UTC format. We need to set that the time should be the same as GMT +8 when in ftp session. I am using RHEL 5.3. root@]# ll total 1740... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shtobias
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Office server => laptop =>client server ...a lengthy and laborious ftp procedure

Hi All, I need your expertise in finding a way to solve my problem.Please excuse if this is not the right forum to ask this question and guide me to the correct forum,if possible. I am a DBA and on a daily basis i have to ftp huge dump files from my company server to my laptop and then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
3 Replies

6. Debian

Debian with PPTP Server

Dear All My scenario is Debian with PPTP Server in which I am able to connect to through other machines. Ive enable echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward and through client machine i can browse internet as well I created another pptp client in debian server which connects to another... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kazimnaim
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to rename file in ftp server .Net:FTP perl

Hello All, I am trying to connect to ftp server and get the files. Also i need to rename the file in other ftp dir. rename method is not allowing me to rename the file in other dir. When i tried copy command by using net::FTP:FILE then perl says it is not installed. Can some body help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Implement FTP server on RHEL server without using FTP client

We have RHEL 5.8 in our environment, I had a query whether we can implement an FTP server using vsftpd package and Linux configurations like setsebool without using any external FTP clients like FileZilla etc. I am very confused on this. The FTP functionalities that should be present are download &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
3 Replies

9. Debian

How to exit debian server terminal?

I have an situation that are quite strange to me. I am not able to exit the server terminal and enter back into my home computer terminal by the command exit like I used to be able to exit the server terminal with before. I end up into my root shell again without even typing the root password like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jonathan Sander
6 Replies

10. Debian

Tar backup of debian server

Am reading this doc Full Hard-Drive Backup with Linux Tar on backup. why do we need the dot at the end ? tar -cvpf /backups/fullbackup.tar --directory=/ --exclude=proc --exclude=sys --exclude=dev/pts --exclude=backups . (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
7 Replies
MOUNT_FTP(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      MOUNT_FTP(8)

NAME
mount_ftp -- mount a FTP filesystem SYNOPSIS
mount_ftp [-i] [-o options] ftp://host[:port][/path] node DESCRIPTION
The mount_ftp command mounts a FTP-enabled server directory at ftp://host[:port][/path] at the mount point indicated by node. If the -i option is not used, all the required information to establish a login to the remote server must be available in the ftp URL, including username & password if needed. The user ID for all files and folders is set to the user's real user ID. The group ID for all files and directories is set to unknown, and the permissions default to read and execute for user, group and other. The options are: -i Interactive mode, you are prompted for the username and password if you did not supply one in the url. -o Options passed to mount(2) are specified with the -o option followed by a comma separated string of options. See the mount(8) man page for possible options and their meanings. The rdonly option will be set even if it was not specified because mount_ftp does not allow files to be opened with write access on servers. ftp://host[:port][/path] The FTP-enabled server directory to mount as a volume. If port is not specified, then port 21 is used. If path is not specified, then the path "/" is used. node Path to mount point. EXAMPLES
The following example illustrates how to mount the FTP-enabled server directory ftp.apple.com/ at the mount point /Volumes/mntpnt/ mount_ftp ftp://ftp.apple.com/ /Volumes/mntpnt/ SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), mount(8) HISTORY
The mount_ftp command first appeared Mac OS X Version 10.2. RETURN VALUES
0 mount_ftp successfully mounted the server directory. [ENOENT] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because the node path is invalid. [ENODEV] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because it is not FTP-enabled or because it does not exist, or because node does not have proper access. [ECANCELED] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because the user did not provide proper authentication credentials. BUGS
mount_ftp only supports mounting read-only. Mac OS X June 6, 2003 Mac OS X